RAM: 16GB
Motherboard: -
GPU: GTX 1050Ti 4GB
Display: -
Cooling: -

Player Spotlight: Greenwindu

Sat Jun 11, 2016 4:32 pm

Greenwindu

It's rare to see someone with awesome terraforming abilities like this active member Greenwindu in this server. I was surprised to see his works from other places, not all are the statues that I expected but picturesque landscapes that are best to go hiking on. Already popular outside RenMX, there is very big potential in this gentleman.

Who are you? When did you join RenMX?
Hey! I'm Greenwindu, straight outta England. I joined RenMX in late March with the goal of finding a brand new server for my clan, TDB, to play on. I'm most well known in the Minecraft Community for founding the oldest active minecraft clan (with 990+ pages on the MCforums), being the co-creator of the mod Skyrimcraft and for creating terrains and landscapes. On RenMX I'm most well known for founding TDB and making a giant statue. RenMX is an incredible community led by some of the most genuine staff I've ever seen, it's a honour to be able to play alongside you all!

What do you enjoy the most in our server?
I love how survival is modified to perfectly negate the boring parts while still having it's own challenges and charm. The /search feature and the ability to fly is fantastic, and the cards add to the game no end. Who doesn't like collecting things?

What types of creations do you like to create?
I love creating terrain, it's what I'm most known for and something I love. Whether it's a dry desert or snowy valley, I love the challenge and excitement of seeing landscape come to life.

How do you plan before you create?
I always look for images for inspiration, seeing pictures of incredible buildings or landscape always drives me to create atmospheric builds. For making buildings in game I tend to create a basic layout before I build, it helps immensely with planning out a successful creation.

Do you have any tips for us to craft better creations?
For terrain I'd recommend downloading and watching tutorials on WorldPainter, the tool that terraformers like I use to create our landscapes. If you need any help with anything send me a message in-game and I'd be more than happy to help! For building I'd say to always mix up what you're doing and understand how long things will take. You don't want to commit to building a giant stone statue without knowing that it'll take a month to build, just as a example!

Any projects we look forward to?
I'm currently experimenting with some exciting new techniques to make my terrains even more atmospheric, so keep an eye out at planetminecraft.com/member/Greenwindu for the results! On RenMX the town that TDB and I are building gets bigger and better every day, we're currently working on an Arabian Market and docklands at the moment, with guilds and a possible oriental district coming in the future! To see what we've done so far do /town spawn TDB or request to teleport to any online TDB member, feel free to explore!

If you're going to implement a feature for RenMX, what would it be?
Hard question, RenMX has it all! One thing that would be great is a towny recruitment and management page on the website, allowing people to submit requests or applications to join even when town officers are offline. In the same vein how about a dedicated project page, other than the forums, that allows users to recruit for and show progress on projects? That could work really nicely and allow members of the community to meet and bond over things they might not have previously been a part of. You have no idea how hard these ideas were to come up with, RenMX is already a fantastic server.

What's your feedback about our community?
You ladies and gents are fantastic! I was incredibly surprised to encounter such a welcoming and nice community when I first logged in, and it's something the TDB members are always commenting on. It's fantastic to have such a good gender split too - RenMX feels like a friendship circle, not just a community. Stay strong, RenMX!

His Minecraft creations portfolio - http://imgur.com/a/0cq3i
I'm SUPPORTER and was the first Asian and youngest staff member at age 13.
freakboy31
Epic Crafter since Nov 2013 / Server moderator from Jun. 2012 - Oct. 2017

Populus Magnus nation
Pri
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Player Spotlight: Greenwindu

Sat Jun 11, 2016 4:56 pm

Nice interview, good read :)
Zapperzz99
Engineer
Engineer
CPU: AMD FX-8320
RAM: Vengeance 8gb
Motherboard: MSI 970A-G46
GPU: GTX 760 Windforce
Display: Asus 21.5 & Asus 24"

Re: Player Spotlight: Greenwindu

Sun Jun 12, 2016 7:43 pm

That scenery is incredible!! Have you made any of your terrain on the renmx creative server yet? What a fascinating thing to specialize in, I'd love to know your secrets :P

Return to “Minecraft General Discussion”