Deadbolt Work Around

A place to make your plugin suggestions
CnocBride

Deadbolt Work Around

Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:12 pm

Hey Guys! So this isn't really a plugin suggestion as such but it does concern a plugin used on the server so I thought this was the most suitable place for it.

Anyway let me get right into it. As you know we use Deadbolt to lock our chests. DB uses signs to lock chests which is fine. LWC is not an option I presume for _Pri. The only other option is https://www.spigotmc.org/resources/massivelock.22515/ (Massivelock) but that costs money so I don't think it would be popular. The problem with Deadbolt is it doest allow you to place signs on chests for other things. I like to stay organised and I use Signs to organise my chest but the problem is I can't do that. The plugin thinks I'm trying to lock the chest when I amn't. Anyway what I would like to say is I would love to see if there was a workaround to this.

For example:

If we wanted to place a sign on a chest without locking it we could just SHIFT + Right Click so that it will allow us to edit the sign as normal.

Thats my suggestion for today!
Pri
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Deadbolt Work Around

Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:54 pm

We've considered some alternatives in the past. However chests aren't that useful on our server due to the Warehouse feature. You only need a handful of chests for enchanted items or materials you're sharing with others. All other materials can be stored in your unlimited warehouse and retrieve with a command.

Please read through the warehouse feature in our wiki here: https://www.renmx.com/learn/#managing_warehouse

Not only is it great for you (being able to store an unlimited quantity of every item in the game) but it also helps the server by reducing the lag caused by large chest based storage systems.
CnocBride

Re: Deadbolt Work Around

Sat Jun 03, 2017 12:10 pm

Thanks for the reply! :D

Return to “Plugin Suggestions”