Dedicated Web Shop Thread

Discuss anything you want about Minecraft here including our own servers
Pri
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Dedicated Web Shop Thread

Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:19 am

Big new addition today, you can now purchase ranks with Rickies. You can also gift ranks to other users.

By default users cannot receive a rank via a gift unless they specifically go in to their gift options and enable it. This is so that it cannot be used for griefing. There may be bugs with this new feature as it is a lot more complicated than just giving items to a player. We do not yet block you from demoting yourself or others. So this means if you're an Architect you will be able to buy the Member rank and demote yourself. I will be blocking the ability to demote tomorrow, but for now be careful.

This feature is logged in three places. Your purchase log, your player log (Inside the ACP) and the Admin log of the ACP. This means staff can view what rank you purchased and for whom. This will enable us to reverse any mistakes and due to the high price of rank purchasing we will be allowing you to request refunds within 72 hours of a rank purchase.
freakboy31
Supporter
Supporter
CPU: i7-7700HQ
RAM: 16GB
Motherboard: -
GPU: GTX 1050Ti 4GB
Display: -
Cooling: -

Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:14 am

Finally another goal to set: Earn more than 150,000 Rickies to buy that legendary rank.
I'm SUPPORTER and was the first Asian and youngest staff member at age 13.
freakboy31
Epic Crafter since Nov 2013 / Server moderator from Jun. 2012 - Oct. 2017

Populus Magnus nation
Psico45
Master Crafter
Master Crafter

Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:28 am

Does the buying of a rank also imply donator status or it won't because it is in-game purchasing?
Pri
Site Admin
Site Admin

Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:29 pm

Won't get donor by buying ranks with rickies no.
Pri
Site Admin
Site Admin

Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:54 am

All of the spawner icons have been changed to make it a little clearer which spawner contains which mob. I've also added Horses, Donkeys and Mules to the shop with coming soon icons. You obviously cannot buy these until 1.6 releases. I've added them and the back-end code to support them so when 1.6 launches we can have them available as soon as possible.

Psico45
Master Crafter
Master Crafter

Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:53 am

Fun Way to get people excited XD
Pri
Site Admin
Site Admin

Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:52 am

A new big feature has been added to the abilities section of the shop. You can now purchase a 54 Slot backpack. This lasts forever so it's a buy once, keep forever thing. It costs 500 Rickies. This is how it works:

1. To access your backpack after purchase type /backpack it will open as if you were looking in to a chest.
2. It will automatically fill if your main inventory becomes full.
3. Your backpack does not lose your items after you die, anything you put in there is safe.
4. The storage for the backpack is server-side in a flat-file database so in the event that the plugin which enables this functionality stops being updated we can retrieve any of the items you've stored in your backpack for you.

The backpack takes the place of the invisibility potion on the shop which frankly was useless and only causing problems. Brewing is now firmly in player hands.
eXhound
Master Crafter
Master Crafter

Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:36 pm

Wow, that backpack plugin is awesome, excellent choice!
NorwegianCraft
Architect
Architect
CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-3570K
RAM: Kingston DDR3 HyperX blu 16GB
Motherboard: ASUS P8Z77-V LX, Socket-1155
GPU: GTX 670 2GB Windforce
Display: 2x AOC 24" LED G2460PQU
Cooling: Air

Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:23 pm

Cool, i'll use that alot when i build the city over to survival :)
Pri
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:23 am

The shop received an under-the-hood update today. Security. The shop now issues you with a security token to make sure that when you make a purchase on the shop you're actually doing it on our shop and not through a specially crafted attack page. This is known as a CRSF or Cross-site request forgery attack.

This was a vulnerability I knew about when I first started writing the shop but it was brought to my attention again by Vusys and I decided to actually implement a fix before someone exploited it as an obvious flaw and if Vusys could identify that then someone else could too. I'd like to thank him again for disclosing the vulnerability privately in a secure manner. This was the 3rd vulnerability of the three he disclosed to me several days ago, all three are now fixed.

Return to “Minecraft General Discussion”