IMDB by Pri

A place to download and discuss the latest WinMX software by Pri

Moderator: DrGirlfriendMD

Pri
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: IMDB by Pri

Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:53 pm

There was an update to this script the other day. Here is a complete change log:

1. Increased the size of the IMDB page that is cached to 1500 Lines so that the script can get all the data it needs

2. Changed the way the pre-cache setup works from creating a cache that is 1500 lines long to just 1 line. This was done for effiency and should speedup the retrival of a large page.

3. Modified the Comments on the v4 API to reflect that the v5 API is available if developers wish to use it. This script however is not compatible with the v5 API yet. The v5 API adds some extra data to its response such as the movies plot and a single main genre. I hope to complete the v5 API soon so if you are going to use it do it at your own risk as its formatting and the amount of information it gives will change.
Pri
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:48 am

This script has been updated. IMDB changed some of their website which made the Movie ratings vanish from the script this has now been corrected (Thanks Alice for reporting that bug) and I've also added error handling for those of you who have upgraded to Metis v2.81 so that if the script fails to retrieve the Movie you're looking for it will try to tell you why.
?Alice

Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:42 pm

Kia Ora Pri! ;)
Pri
Site Admin
Site Admin

Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:51 pm

Ok the script was updated today to bring back the Movie Plots! - IMDB changed their site again which broke this feature. I'm thinking in the future I'll move the script over to the v5 API which includes all the data that the script scrapes itself which would negate the need for updates to the script every time IMDB changes something. But with time constraints and other commitments this may be a long way off and this is one of my least popular scripts now unfortunately, Proxy Blocker being the most popular.

It's a shame WinMX isn't what it used to be :(
Pri
Site Admin
Site Admin

Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:42 am

Been a long time since I last updated this thread! - The new update makes it work again with the latest version of IMDB's website. It also adds my new script self-updating feature when wget is detected in the plugins folder and it also adds automatic command restrictions to users who have an @ in the userlist. These restrictions are for the script settings like making things private/public and changing colours.

This is mainly just a maintenance release that brings things up to specification with my other scripts and brings back full IMDB compatibility.
Pri
Site Admin
Site Admin

Wed Mar 02, 2016 5:22 am

This plugin has been updated. It is just a minor update to the definition system in the script that enables it to locate the relevant information on the IMDB webpage (Plots, Genres, Ratings, Actors etc).

I do want to rewrite this plugin eventually so that it uses my server to get the information negating the need for me to keep updating the plugin itself for such minor changes but I'm winding down my WinMX development work now as the community has dwindled quite small and even this plugin sees very few downloads these days, I will of course keep it up-to date though which is why I've made this update and why I will likely make another in the future when IMDB changes their website again.
Pri
Site Admin
Site Admin

Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:13 pm

This script stopped working some time last year. I didn't notice but it was due to the API I made and host no longer being able to search IMDB correctly due to them changing the format of their pages. This issue has now been corrected. You don't need to re-download anything as this was entirely a search bug related to the server side API.

Return to “Scripts & WinMX Related Software”