What is your favorite movie?

Discuss anything you want about WinMX & the Renegades chat room here
Samantha

What is your favorite movie?

Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:34 pm

What is your favorite movie, and why?

Pri asked this in the Renegades Room a moment ago, and I thought it would make a great topic for my first post here.

My favorite movie is Gone with the Wind. It has everything, history, a love story, perseverance , action, strong female characters, drama and comedy. The story takes place as is seen through the eyes of Scarlett 'O Hara, during the Civil War and subsequent rebuilding of the South. Scarlett, as a "Southern Belle," starts out very spoiled and pampered initially; however due to the war and her being left to take care of her beloved land, (named Tara), Scarlett ends up undergoing a magnificent transformation into becoming the epitome of a strength and determination, accomplishing the impossible. Scarlett's love interest, Rhett Butler, seems the only man on Earth able to deal with her, their relationship changes every step of the way, and is great to watch unfold.

Here are some of my favorite quotes by her:

Scarlett - "Great balls of fire. Don't bother me anymore, and don't call me sugar."

Rhett Butler - "Now that you've got your lumber mill and Frank's money, you won't come to me as you did to the jail, so I see I shall have to marry you."
Scarlett - " I never heard of such bad taste."

Rhett Butler - "Did you ever think of marrying just for fun?"
Scarlett - " Marriage, fun? Fiddle-Dee Dee. Fun for men you mean."

Scarlett - (to Rhett) "If I said I was madly in love with you you'd know I was lying."

Scarlett - "As God is my witness, as God is my witness they're not going to lick me. I'm going to live through this and when it's all over, I'll never be hungry again. No, nor any of my folk. If I have to lie, steal, cheat or kill. As God is my witness, I'll never be hungry again."
ammyspears

Re: What is your favorite movie?

Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:35 am

Samantha wrote:What is your favorite movie, and why?

Pri asked this in the Renegades Room a moment ago, and I thought it would make a great topic for my first post here.

My favorite movie is Gone with the Wind. It has everything, history, a love story, perseverance , action, strong female characters, drama and comedy. The story takes place as is seen through the eyes of Scarlett 'O Hara, during the Civil War and subsequent rebuilding of the South. Scarlett, as a "Southern Belle," starts out very spoiled and pampered initially; however due to the war and her being left to take care of her beloved land, (named Tara), Scarlett ends up undergoing a magnificent transformation into becoming the epitome of a strength and determination, accomplishing the impossible. Scarlett's love interest, Rhett Butler, seems the only man on Earth able to deal with her, their relationship changes every step of the way, and is great to watch unfold.

Here are some of my favorite quotes by her:

Scarlett - "Great balls of fire. Don't bother me anymore, and don't call me sugar."

Rhett Butler - "Now that you've got your lumber mill and Frank's money, you won't come to me as you did to the jail, so I see I shall have to marry you."
Scarlett - " I never heard of such bad taste."

Rhett Butler - "Did you ever think of marrying just for fun?"
Scarlett - " Marriage, fun? Fiddle-Dee Dee. Fun for men you mean."

Scarlett - (to Rhett) "If I said I was madly in love with you you'd know I was lying."

Scarlett - "As God is my witness, as God is my witness they're not going to lick me. I'm going to live through this and when it's all over, I'll never be hungry again. No, nor any of my folk. If I have to lie, steal, cheat or kill. As God is my witness, I'll never be hungry again."

My fav. movie is 300 Spartans.
I love this movie.
because in this movie 300 spartans fought for there freedom with 10000 Persians & win also & create a history.They fought for there land & water.

Site Admin
Site Admin

Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:33 am

I've spent a long time thinking about this to come up with my favorite movie of all time. It's hard to pick just one because I've seen so many great films that have touched my heart and mind.

For example "The Matrix" this movie has so many different things going on at once it's a masterpiece really the story the execution of it. The direction, cinematography. It's visually beautiful, it broke boundaries in many different fields of directing such as Bullet Time and 360 degree stop motion.

Then there are films like Toy Story which was the first entirely computer generated movie to be released and not only did it break new ground but it did it in a way that was beautiful and insightful, it made you look at toys as more than just inanimate objects.

And of course I can't forget some of the most amazing documentaries that I have seen like Man on Wire, Food Inc and so on.

It's hard to just pick one I'm a movie lover I have something like over 200 Bluray movies at this point. I have every movie on the IMDB top 250. I enjoy all kinds of movies for completely different reasons. Films like Schlinders List touch you not just on an emotional level but on a human level. Doubt I could pick just one I'm afraid.
alexcarlson
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660
Display: BenQ GL2450 (Digital)

Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:59 pm

I like Scarface very much. :)
"crazy is the american version of speed" - Dumskalle123
"I shall stay on this server forever so I get new friends and becomes one in the staff" - Alex
"It's true the servers are back online." - Pri
PandaOwnage
Supporter
Supporter
CPU: Intel Core i7 950
RAM: 12GB Kingston DDR3 HyperX 1600
Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth X58
GPU: Gigabyte Radeon HD5870
Display: Asus VH242 24"
Cooling: Air

Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:53 pm

Pri
Site Admin
Site Admin

Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:21 am

Star Wars, great movies. :D
fireapple9
Apprentice
Apprentice

Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:49 am

To be perfectly honest, my favorite movie of all time was The Hangover.
IM LIKE GOD...
ONLY IM NOT
Nick8010
Apprentice
Apprentice

Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:32 pm

Everyone knows that Simpson The Movie is the best and funniest :geek:SHAME SHAME SHAME SHAME SHAME SHAME... -DUM

Return to “General Discussion”