Ghostships Smear Campaigns

Discuss anything you want about WinMX & the Renegades chat room here
Pri
Site Admin
Site Admin

Ghostships Smear Campaigns

Sat Jan 01, 2011 12:48 pm

I've decided that posting on WinMXWorld will do me no good so I'm going to post it here instead.

Ghostship who just will never ever admit he is wrong on any subject period. He talks down to everyone like he is some kind of father figure but he just does not listen and cannot see things logically or rationally. He will tell lies to suit his own agenda and then attempt to wriggle out of them once caught or he will just threaten to ban you by using language like 'I don't see how we can co-exist together' or 'I like you but you may force my hand' this is just pathetic bullying. I don't goose-step to your drum and you come out with these silly and childish threats.

Everything I said in the thread on WinMXWorld was factual. In one part of my conversation I mention how Ghostship admitted to me in MSN about how he lies on the forums (specifically disagreeing with me posting facts) as not to open himself or the network up to legal assault.

Now just think that over he would rather openly lie and try to get people to believe his lies than to just delete my posts or move the thread in which I post them out of public view.

Now when I mention this in the thread he had two options. He either came forward and continued that lie in which case I post the MSN Logs or he changes his mind and this time agrees with the facts I posted in which case I post his previous forum posts where he lied.

He decided to go with option one where he continues the lie claiming that WinMX Search results cannot be filtered in any way shape or form. I stated quite clearly we already filter search results by blocking the IP's of users that share the files we don't want to see. It is very simple to understand. User A shares File B, block User A IP, No more File B. I said it every single time, in that thread and the previous thread.

It even claims boldly on the WinMX Patch page that it filters fake search results. I wonder how it filters Fake Search Results? Could it be by way of ... I dunno filtering the IP's of the servers that share the fake files? - Yes.

Now to do something I don't usually do, quoting Ghost in a private communication with me on MSN
Ghostship: perhaps so but what about focusing those concerns in the right place, in public is not the right place for me to have to deliver info i would rather not have to to the cartel
Pri: well maybe instead of shooting us down like we are idiots u could just move the thread to a staff area.
Ghostship: bit late for that and i never think folks are idiots but i do feel they dont always think through why them may be encountering obstructions
Encountering obstructions indeed :roll: If you are wondering what he could possibly be talking about. He is referring to himself obstructing constructive information sharing on the forum by means of misinformation (lies etc) as to curtail the amount of information about the network in the open. Keep in mind this is in a forum where he has the ability to have topics locked, moved and deleted. Again rather lie and push people away.

The way he says it so nonchalantly "they don't always think through why they may be encountering obstructions" as if we the users should just expect him to be lying by default? - Who plays these kinds of games?

If I was doing what he was doing I would have private messaged and said look we don't want this information posted as it could hurt us if the cartels see we do have an ability to filter at least some files on the network. I've moved this topic to X forum where the public can't see it but you can still access it here: xxxxx

Instead he goes for the underhanded almost political level open-air sabotage by making shit up and putting it out as to change peoples perceptions of the facts. Despicable and I personally expected more.

I commend Ghosts efforts to make a new client, I really do I think it is a positive thing to do for the network but he has no right to meddle in community discourse.

That is all I wanted to say, I'm sure some of you will deconstruct it and others will shrug it off but I felt the need to just set the record straight and I feel I've done that.
Pri
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Ghostships Smear Campaigns

Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:13 pm

More smears by Ghostship. I thought I'd revive this thread and post it in public again.

A few months ago in the WinMXWorld chatroom when the attacks began Ghostship started accusing me of doing a lot of things. He first accused me of giving the Eagle Patch and Cache to KM. This is false I did not give KM anything, which I said to him in the chat room. He then said I gave KM The Library Encryption too. This is also false and again I did not give KM anything. Then he said I charge people for access to RENBOX which is a seedbox run in the Renegades room for users to get fast files. This is also false I've never charged anyone for access to RENBOX.

And I just want to point out that KM leaked tons and tons of stuff. He obviously had this stuff for a long time to spring it all like that he gave out protocol information and everything. And Ghostship knows I didn't have even half the stuff KM leaked. For all we know KM hacked WMW's servers and downloaded the files from there, we all know Ghostship has made tons of protocol pages which are hosted on WinMXWorld.com and surprise surprise KM leaks protocol information. So where did he get it from?

In all 4 accusations (Cache, Patch, Library Encryption & RENBOX) he says he received the information from other users. In the event of Cache/Patch from his Admins, in the event of the Library Encryption another Admin he trusts (Possibly from WMW? He didn't specify but probably) and in the event of RENBOX from an ex-Renegades user (according to him).

His information is false at every turn as I have not done anything that I have been accused of. It has nothing to do with me. But we all know that anyway because this is what Ghostship does he makes stuff up. During that same conversation in the WinMXWorld chat room he called me a terrorist a thief and other names. He is a rude troll that talks about everyone doing their part and helping WinMX as a whole but at the same time adds my friend Josh to the WinMXWorld Blocklist based purely on the idea that Josh had the technical ability to do the attacks. Attacks we now know were performed by KM.

Ghostship also threatened me in Private Message in the WinMXWorld room to put me on the list as well and that he would have done so but he had 'stepped down' before he had a chance. It was an empty threat as he in-fact did still have the ability to add me to the list as he later proved by editing the list himself after what seemed like the whole WMW chat room told him to do.

This is the guy running things folks regardless of what he says about leaving he still has access to everything he is still Admin on WinMXWorld.com he still does and says whatever he wants and posts just like he used to.

The reason he is smearing me like this is because I had a beef with him in December 2010 which is the last time I posted on WMW. And the reason for that beef was the post directly above this one which I posted on this site back then, in short he was a liar that kept trying to smear users in public to make himself look good. When I left the site that was it as far as I was concerned but he continues on with his character assassinations so I am reposting this topic and I will continue to add to it as necessary to defend myself against his unfounded accusations.
Skunky

Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:45 am

In the event of Cache/Patch from his Admins
has also claimed the date/time stamps in the zip file itself are 'evidence' you leaked it due to that 'specific' file being given to you by someone 'trusted' ....

dunno what hes thinking but a hex editor and a quick look at the zip file format could change some dates....

...interesting he admits he lies...
ImageImage
Joshua203

Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:38 am

I would n't worry about it all too much Pri, there's more people than you can imagine that are very aware of this, most just don't dare saying this out in the open (or under their own name :lol: )

It's even got to the point for me where it started to get more annoying than the attacks itself (wich are getting worse BTW) and it had brought me to the point of posting very little help there ATM ("if he knows best let him solve all user questions" is my feeling right now).

IMHO he would rather loose all WinMX users than loose his pride and attitude.

About filtered searches:
From where I stand I think I have noticed filenames or hashes can be filtered from searches.
A few months prior to the search function attacks it was impossible to find even one file when searching for the word "winmx" on " any file type" setting.
This was not only the patch I use, I've asked another user on the community patch to test and she got the very same result .... 0 files found.
Quite impossible if you keep in mind many have helpfiles or browse messages that contain this term (not to mention many offer the exe in their browse) :roll:
Coïncidentally I noticed this when the so called leaking of sensitive info was taking place.

Offtopic:
My compliments on the nice board you have here but you may need to look at updating your style to the latest version that matches the phpbb version ;)

Greetings,
..Joshua203
*http://WinMX.ExoFire.net (development/under construction ...Forever?¿?) :lol:

Return to “General Discussion”