Thank you.

Discuss anything you want about WinMX & the Renegades chat room here
Pri
Site Admin
Site Admin

Thank you.

Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:39 am

I just wanted to make a post to say thanks to everyone that has been involved with Renegades over the years.

The room has been through a lot of changes, the community has grown quite large considering its humble roots and the rooms management has also changed considerably since the beginning. Indeed I wasn't here when the room started I joined around 8 months after it was started and even before I joined some staff had already left for greener pastures.

Since I came on the team we've switched hosts 3 times, changed server software 3 times and we've hired many new staff members. We also did a lot of growing up with the room becoming more formal with rules and regulations for everyone including Staff. We moved our website from freewebs to a professional hosting solution and bought our own domain (http://www.renmx.com) we setup our own forum (http://www.mxpulse.com) we released software for the community, we even hosted a peer cache for the good of the network, a network that we have a significant stake in.

It has been a great four years and we've had hundreds of members and thousands of guests come through our doors. And of course not only do people come through our doors to us but we have gone through them to the rest of the community providing original software for other rooms to enjoy. Our IMDB, Wikipedia, Proxy Blocker, Pulse Protection, Asciidex, Hostname Blocker, ODB, Installer Plugin and more have all been a great part of our outreach to the rest of WinMX to show that we aren't just thinking of ourselves and the health of our one room but of everyone else's rooms and the community as a whole. Although we run our room how we run it we believe that other rooms with completely different viewpoints to our own should always exist, choice is important and we have been embracing co-operation and empowering other hosts for the better part of a year now, we only intend to keep doing this as time goes on.

Personally for me Renegades is a hobby that I really enjoy. The best part of the room for me is the coding I do love to program. I do it day to day but I still get a lot of enjoyment out of doing it on the side for free. And Renegades allows me to get creative about mixing TV and Coding together. These are my passions, watching TV and Programming (LOL maybe I should buy a Kite) and being able to deliver software that makes finding and monitoring your TV easier and having people actually use that software who are as enthusiastic about what it can do for them with their TV collections.. well that just makes me really happy.

So I'd like to say just a blanket thank you to everyone that has ever crossed our doors. We are coming up on our 5th year of operation on the 19th of April 2011, and with that we have no intention of shutting the room and if anything we are still meddling, upgrading, improving the room as-well as considering our options for expanding the room beyond WinMX. We already have our Web Based chat system which is in Alpha and we also have our web based watchlist (http://www.mxpulse.com/watch) and we intend to build on these investments through 2011.

From me here at Renegades, a sincere thank you.

Return to “General Discussion”