treecapitator plugin

A place to make your plugin suggestions
Failure
Apprentice
Apprentice

treecapitator plugin

Tue Mar 08, 2016 12:29 am

there is a plugin called ChopTree for 1.9 it chops down trees with the swing of an axe realistically and swiftly while taking the durability directly off the axe here is the plugin website link it is for spigot https://www.spigotmc.org/resources/chop ... 46/updates
Lord Farquaad Is My Dad
jackerdelta
Legendary Crafter
Legendary Crafter

Re: treecapitator plugin

Tue Mar 08, 2016 3:20 am

that'd make wood completely worthless overnight. Wood is a backbone market of auctions/economy and if that crashes a ton of other things do too. Planks, sticks, redstone materials -- generally anything that involves logs within its crafting recipe. Will it make our lives easier? Definitely. Will it benefit the economy long-term? Probably not. Those are just my two cents.

Legendary Crafter 2016, Epic Crafter 2015-2016, City Planner 2013-2015, Architect 2012-2013, Apprentice 2011-2012
Failure
Apprentice
Apprentice

Tue Mar 08, 2016 6:59 pm

the economy isnt everything I for one think the axe market would skyrocket thanks to the quick durability use making it profitable in the end if this does come to pass u will still make a profit if you move to the daimond axe trade and drave that down for us :D u can pull a profit out of the apocalypse jack :lol: in the end i beleive this would be good for the "lives" of the renmx players :geek: and it may improve the quality of towns by making wood readily available (again needing more axes) plus you can still scam newbies outa their spawn money with wood prices seeing as you hold the wood market jack :lol: if this isnt good for business so be it however as 1 door closes another opens.
Lord Farquaad Is My Dad
Zapperzz99
Engineer
Engineer
CPU: AMD FX-8320
RAM: Vengeance 8gb
Motherboard: MSI 970A-G46
GPU: GTX 760 Windforce
Display: Asus 21.5 & Asus 24"

Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:31 pm

jackerdelta wrote:that'd make wood completely worthless overnight. Wood is a backbone market of auctions/economy and if that crashes a ton of other things do too. Planks, sticks, redstone materials -- generally anything that involves logs within its crafting recipe. Will it make our lives easier? Definitely. Will it benefit the economy long-term? Probably not. Those are just my two cents.
The wood market would of course be affected by this, but that doesn't necessarily mean that is bad. Prices go up and down, that's just part of the economy (and sometimes those ups and downs are outcomes of events, like this where wood would go down). I also disagree that wood is the staple or "backbone" of the economy, it is just another item. If wood suddenly became cheaper it would not effect any other item's price (except for wood planks and other wood items like sticks that aren't auctioned very frequently anyway). The items you mentioned (besides planks) don't have an active market and wouldn't experience a complete "crash", they would just go down as a result of the wood going down. Like Failure said, economy isn't everything, just because a market would be effected by an event, doesn't mean that's a good reason that [blank] plugin shouldn't be added. I don't want to launch into assumptions jack... but it might be that the main reason you're against this. Is that you own a lot of wood tthat you've invested time into chopping, and are currently trying to resell at a specific amount :P Unseen events like this can cause a loss of money in markets, and you can't plan for those so it's okay. It is just a cost of business.

That said, I am not in favor of this plugin being added. It's one of those plugins that goes very far from vanilla minecraft. It just makes survival minecraft a little too easy imo. I mean, we already have the champ axe for cutting down trees insanely fast :P
Failure
Apprentice
Apprentice

Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:38 pm

not everyone is capable of getting the hamp axe only champion hall ppl can not your average player (me) who just wans to build whatever whenever however and doesnt have the time to play for 7 hours a day to make something truly amazing (tbt i forget about projects) and it isnt as if you can buy a champ card or axe or whatever due to their rarity making the champ axe argument invalid imo however ease of access is the point seeing as the amount of tie chopping or earning ren (by /payme jack not the economy) to buy wood takes away time that could be spent building awesome things like whatever the hell jack did for EC ill bet the amount of time gathering was greater and less fun than the time spent building as for ppl who like gathering there would still be mining and exploring seeing as trees would be chopped at a tremendous rate. perhaps in the long ter driving the wood market up.
Lord Farquaad Is My Dad
Pri
Site Admin
Site Admin

Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:10 pm

This is a mod many people have asked us to implement. I just don't see the point.

Sometimes you make things too easy and then it's not fun. You need to work for stuff to enjoy the results.
blackeyeddog
Master Crafter
Master Crafter

Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:23 pm

Agreed.

You play minecraft to play minecraft I believe. :)

Apprentice - January 25th 2014
Architect - Febuary 22nd 2014
City Planner - December 21st 2014
Moderator - January 9th 2015
City Planner - May 25th 2016
Moderator - April 11th 2017
EmberCelica
Engineer
Engineer
CPU: i7 6700k
RAM: 16GB DDR4
Motherboard: [Unknown]
GPU: AMD RX480
Cooling: Fan Cooling

Thu Mar 10, 2016 2:41 am

jackerdelta wrote:that'd make wood completely worthless overnight. Wood is a backbone market of auctions/economy and if that crashes a ton of other things do too. Planks, sticks, redstone materials -- generally anything that involves logs within its crafting recipe. Will it make our lives easier? Definitely. Will it benefit the economy long-term? Probably not. Those are just my two cents.
2 cents jack? Is that all you have to offer? pff you have way too much money to only put 2 cents in
Image Im the engineer of engineers.
Check out my redstone info thread
Failure
Apprentice
Apprentice

Thu Mar 10, 2016 1:04 pm

ay its ember long time no see glad u r back
Lord Farquaad Is My Dad

Return to “Plugin Suggestions”