Command for locking items

A place to make your plugin suggestions
Lynn

Command for locking items

Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:27 am

I was on previously today getting irritated because signs were space consuming and I had to make my carpet look ugly. So I thought what if there was a command that would allow you to lock your chests and ETC. Simply consisting of /lock and then punch the item you lock. Thanks!
Pri
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Command for locking items

Tue Jul 14, 2015 4:00 am

We did use a plugin like this in the past called LWC. The problem with these plugins though is they store the chest locking data in a central database and when that plugin stops being updated (which happens very often) we are left with no other plugin able to read that database and secure peoples chests.

The reason we've gone with the sign system is because it's a standard followed by three different plugins. They can all recognise the same protection signs so if one stops being updated we can seamlessly switch to another which is what we have done several times in the past.

I know it's frustrating but we have to think about the server over a long period of time so that protections placed today continue to work for years in the future.
Lynn

Re: Command for locking items

Sun Jul 19, 2015 10:26 pm

Ah yeah I have heard of LWC before i was never aware of it needing a database sorry :P

Return to “Plugin Suggestions”