*Updated* The RenMX Weekly Wit!

All server events / contests will be announced in this sub-forum
tidge
Epic Crafter
Epic Crafter

*Updated* The RenMX Weekly Wit!

Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:36 pm

After last weeks test question for the new competition that FairyDustNol and I are starting up, we’ve received some feedback from others on its complete structure. With lots of input from Jackerdelta, we’ve come up with a more new-player friendly contest that will be focused to all players rather than people with deep-understandings of the server. We feel that this will be much more enjoyable for everyone this way.

Now for the changes! Instead of questions based off of the server, we’re going to give out a different factual topic each week; for example “Cutest Panda Fact”, “Most Interesting Fact about Spider Webs”, etc. As you can guess, there won’t necessarily be a correct answer but instead the fact that intrigues us the most (intriguing referring to something that is generally not known) will win the week. To make it fair, it won’t be just Nol and I picking out our favorite fact. We have a few secret judge(s) to assist us as well. Nol and I will narrow down the choices and the secret judge(s) will pick the final winner each week (names remain unknown so there won’t be a chance for bribery).

The prizes will still be dependent on the question but there will also be a “Hall of Wit” (we are free to other name suggestions) where the winners will be displayed with the fact submitted and the question for that week. As Jack mentioned to me, Pri has been making an incredible effort to move a lot of features to in-game content, so there will be contest information, the question, and updates within the hall as well. To get to the hall, type /warp shop and click the warp at the bottom left corner called “WeeklyWit”. Contest entries will also now be allowed through /mail or /msg in-game to either Nol or myself (forum entries are still permitted). The time frame for answering will remain from the time the question is posted (any time we can on Wednesday) to Saturday at 5PM EST.

This week’s question is: What is the most impressive thing to have ever been accomplished by humans?
Example entry: “Landing on the moon"

The winner will receive 750r.

Good Luck :)
freakboy31
Supporter
Supporter
CPU: i7-7700HQ
RAM: 16GB
Motherboard: -
GPU: GTX 1050Ti 4GB
Display: -
Cooling: -

Re: *Updated* The RenMX Weekly Wit!

Thu Apr 02, 2015 10:52 am

Hmm a non-shop warp on shop board...
I'm SUPPORTER and was the first Asian and youngest staff member at age 13.
freakboy31
Epic Crafter since Nov 2013 / Server moderator from Jun. 2012 - Oct. 2017

Populus Magnus nation
tidge
Epic Crafter
Epic Crafter

Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:00 am

There's a shop there beside the hall :D Small but still there
RamboNol
Legendary Crafter
Legendary Crafter

Thu Apr 02, 2015 2:16 pm

YOu are allowed to sell one or two items as long as it remains stocked, as confirmed in the shop rules. In fact, I actually sold one book yesterday.
INSERT COOL SIGNATURE
tidge
Epic Crafter
Epic Crafter

Sun Apr 05, 2015 3:12 am

The competition has closed and all the entries have been gathered! After looking at them all, we thought about the judging system and we realized how flawed and abusable it was to any individual judge, so we decided to revamp it to be a discussion of the winner between all judges of all options. We also decided as a grand opening specialty for the competition, we would award a second and third place with a 500R and 250R prize respectively.
Congratualations to the winners of the first Weekly Wit!

1st Place: XLoneWolfX88 - The Written Word
2nd Place: TimoCraft - Roy Cleveland survived 7 lightning strikes
between the ages of 30 and 65
3rd Place: _Cello - Greatest feat? How about the man who is 8’3” for the greatest feet?

Return to “Minecraft Events”