Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:33 pm

ooh ik how bout mario maker (if u have a wiiU) hardest mario evar
Lord Farquaad Is My Dad
GrayTheMudkip
Artist
Artist

Re: Recommended games thread

Thu Mar 31, 2016 4:23 am

I'd recommend Stardew Valley, Even though I've never played it, I have watched a few youtubers play this and It has been interesting to watch, It's somewhat like Harvest Moon from what I heard, honestly this game has a lot to offer, There's Fishing, Farming, Mining, Crafting, and supposedly Multiplayer will soon be a thing, This game is currently 15$ on Steam
"Everyone want's happiness no one wants pain but you can't have a rainbow without a little rain"
GrayTheMudkip
Artist
Artist

Sun May 22, 2016 4:18 pm

I recommend Secrets of Grindea, It's currently still in progress, but it's been really fun, It does have multiplayer (can't remember how many max) and an Arcade mode, although like the name Says you may need to do A LOT of Grinding, this is something I honestly enjoy about it, there's actually quite a bit to do, and it may take a while before you get everything done, but still it's fun :)
"Everyone want's happiness no one wants pain but you can't have a rainbow without a little rain"
DrunkKoala

Sun Jun 05, 2016 6:30 am

Planetside 2 :D
EmberCelica
Engineer
Engineer
CPU: i7 6700k
RAM: 16GB DDR4
Motherboard: [Unknown]
GPU: AMD RX480
Cooling: Fan Cooling

Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:03 am

I personally do recommend a game by the name of Everlasting Summer

It is a visual novel and has a bit of a lengthy intro. It has mutliple endings and each choice counts. I will denote that it has some sexual content but that isnt what it is revolved around, the story is fairly well built and it is free on steam. In addition i do re-recommend Osu!.
Image Im the engineer of engineers.
Check out my redstone info thread
rebelgold
Artist
Artist

Thu Jun 16, 2016 1:22 am

I recently got back to pokemon emerald (an emulation of it because I'm so poor). I find it fun. It reminds me of when I was about 6 or 7 years old.

0% of people who cannot read music will understand this
25-50% of people who can read music will understand this
EmberCelica
Engineer
Engineer
CPU: i7 6700k
RAM: 16GB DDR4
Motherboard: [Unknown]
GPU: AMD RX480
Cooling: Fan Cooling

Thu Jun 16, 2016 5:30 am

Chivalry and Dont Starve Together are rather older games, however, i do like playing them.

Chivalry is a more medival warfare game (as it says in the title) the damage is realistic, aside from dismemberment and crippling, as is the gameplay as a whole. You simply join a server and kill the opponent, but you have to watch your attacks as Friendly Fire is present.

Dont starve Together is a multiplayer, or singleplayer game, but driven towards multiplayer, Dont starve is the purely single player variant. You can get steam workshop addons to the game to change the gameplay, add new features, or even new characters. The gameplay is rather intracate as you have to manage heat, water saturation, sanity, hunger, and health(which doesnt regenerate over time except at 100% full hunger, and even so it does so slowly). You have to collect resources and watch out for the baddies if you want to survive, the tech tree is a bit complex as well so you cant camp in a single area all game, you have to explore. There are different types of online interaction: Co-op, FFA, and PvE. You can customize literally aspect of the world gen including weather, day-night cycles, and such. This is a more complex minecraft, more geared around survival than building.
Image Im the engineer of engineers.
Check out my redstone info thread
Green
Architect
Architect

Thu Jun 16, 2016 5:34 pm

I don't play many games but recently I've watched a playthrough of Uncharted 4. I've never played any of the Uncharted games before but the characters are so easy to get to know and the voice acting is incredible. I can't express how much I'd recommend playing or watching a playthrough of the game, it's absolutely stunning.
Zapperzz99
Engineer
Engineer
CPU: AMD FX-8320
RAM: Vengeance 8gb
Motherboard: MSI 970A-G46
GPU: GTX 760 Windforce
Display: Asus 21.5 & Asus 24"

Fri Jun 17, 2016 2:56 am

Rocket League is crazy addictive and a ton of fun, it is a competitive style game. You play ranked games and your rank goes up as you win, this always matches you with players of your skill. This makes the game endless since you can always improve your skill (even when in the top division)
rebelgold
Artist
Artist

Fri Jul 01, 2016 4:52 am

I just noticed that I haven't recommended touhou so here's me recommending it. It is a game that is primarily a shmup or shoot em up (kind of like galaga on steroids). It relies on good coordination, reflex, and memorization. The music is quite good and I'm actually trying to learn some of the songs there on piano (and the sheer speed of the tempo is tearing me apart. 16th notes and 150 beats per minute is just insane).

Oh yeah, this game is hard. the easy difficulty is actually still hard and the highest difficulty, lunatic is for making lunatics cry. for a game cast mostly of girls, "this is a mans game."

There are many games. I(and a lot of other people) refer to them by their acronyms or numbers because their names are actually long. TH01-TH05 are all pre windows 7 and they are all harder due to a mechanic introduced later in TH07/PCB. They are also considered to be non-canon for some reason. TH06-TH08/ESOD, PCB, and IN are all good games to start with. You can look up "touhou" for a in-depth description of the mechanics (in-case no one tells you, z and x are shoot and bomb, shift slows your character, and arrow keys control the character). The other games are all about the same amount of difficulty but they usually bring a different flavor to the table and change things up. The most recent game(TH15/LoLK) was inspired by some rage game that I currently have a hard time remembering (I want to be that guy?) and is one of the hardest in the series.

There are copies you can buy but if you look hard enough, you can find a free digital copy.

If you dive in the fandom. You can find a lot because touhou had one of the largest fandoms out there. It has mostly settled by now and chilled but it left behind a lot of fangames, fanime, etc.

If you decide to play this, have fun, be patient, and get ready to dodge some rain.

0% of people who cannot read music will understand this
25-50% of people who can read music will understand this

Return to “General Gaming Discussion”