CupagreenT arch application

Make an application here to receive a higher rank such as Apprentice, Architect, Engineer, Artist, Director or City Planner
reddenfox
Architect
Architect

CupagreenT arch application

Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:10 am

I'm applying for: Architect

Project Name: Excile City - Penumbra (under construction)

How do we get there?: /warp Penumbra

Brief Description: A City built by those exiled from the dimension now known as the Neather

Screenshots:
penumbra 3.png
penumbra 3.png (466.31 KiB) Viewed 774 times
penumbra4.png
penumbra4.png (419.8 KiB) Viewed 774 times
penumbra 5.png
penumbra 5.png (240.42 KiB) Viewed 774 times
Anything we might miss when we see it in game?:

.The tower of clocks holds a chiming redstone clock that sounds once every minecraft hour (around 50 secconds)
-due to servers and redstone not being pals press the restart button behind the main counter ONCE and wait for clock to start-

.2 medium sized decorated homes are situated on Bridgeview St , which is found at the end of Lake St

.Artizans lane - a small allyway next to the art gallery that serves as entrances to the appartments set aside for art students (aka small cheap housing)

.No 1+2 Bridgeveiw St have working fridges, ouside lights that can be turned off and on and button operated fire extingushers

-Ps this was posted 4am my time so please forgive me if i went OTT on this post XD
~I'm Cupa by the way~
skoch26
Master Crafter
Master Crafter

Re: CupagreenT arch application

Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:44 am

I like it. Good dimension, detail and creativity, and a backstory is always nice xD. Arch material in my opinion. Hope it goes well
reddenfox
Architect
Architect

Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:13 pm

Thanks for the support :D
~I'm Cupa by the way~
tomisafish
Supporter
Supporter
CPU: Intel Core i5 2500K @ 4.2GHz
RAM: Mushkin 8GB 1600MHz
Motherboard: Asus Maximus V Gene
GPU: EVGA GTX 670
Display: LG IPS226 | Generic 4:3 thing.
Cooling: Open water loop

Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:20 pm

CupagreenT Architect Application Rating

Due to the way you have gone out of the way to actually fill in the Architect forum unlike some people I have decided I will try to present my rating in a more presentable way. Soo. Away we go.

Uniqueness on our server: Does it look like something already built?

1 = Not unique, 10 = Very very unique.

This is a city unlike any other I have seen on the server. Not only that but it is more interactive than any I have seen on the server. The outdoor lighting, the tower of clocks, the openable fridges (THAT EVEN DISPENSE FOOD), and the fire extinguishers are all things that I have surprisingly never seen before.
9/10

Beauty: Does it look nice to look at?
1 = Ugly, 10 = Really really beautiful.

The place is wonderful to look at and you have gone into extreme detail in nearly all areas that some people might not notice entirely. A good example being this little garden. The fact that you have made sure all the trees are birch and you have added flowers and long grass along with creating small streams and waterfalls in places shows that you have taken your time to actually try to make the place look nice.

On top of all this you have used curves. I love curves and you have used them to great effect so far.

I also like the symbol on the floor where the warp is. It gives the feel that there is more to the pace than meets the eye.

The main reason for only getting the score below is that I am really rather fussy.
8/10

Execution: Is it well made, are corridors and rooms built to the correct sizing?
1 = Built by Refugees. 10 = Built by Master Craftsmen.

Roads are all relative sizes (5,3,1 block wide) which makes the place look well designed. Rooms are never too cramped or too empty and still remain interesting to look at.
Redstone circuits seem to be well designed. e.g. the inclusion of a reset button in the tower.
Interesting use of building on different levels.
Good use of lighting though it may be a little too much in too areas.
Secret areas are fitted in well and can be hard to spot (this is a good thing).

There are only a few areas that let this down slightly but they aren't enough to have a heavy impact on your score.
8/10

Scale: The larger and more grand the build is the higher it scores.
1 = Golf-Ball Size Settlement, 10 = Entire City

This is the current size of your city. It isn't finished yet to that crosses of getting a 10. It is, however, larger than a lot of other things that get built and that should be taken into account. The fact that you are going to keep expanding it should also be taken into account.

I can see that you have started an underground project to the north of the town (right hand side of pic) and that you also plan to expand in two other directions from the place you warp to.

Taking this all into account I give I have given you the score you see below.
7/10

Total Score: 32
Congratulations. You have earned Architect.

You can now use LiteSniper and WorldEdit.
If you need any help with them just ask myself or another member or staff and make sure to check out these links.
http://wiki.sk89q.com/wiki/WorldEdit/Reference
http://voxelwiki.com/minecraft/VoxelSniper (not all commands here are available to Architects)
reddenfox
Architect
Architect

Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:16 pm

Hi Tom
Thankyou for your feedback and the time you took to write this in-depth review!
~I'm Cupa by the way~

Return to “Minecraft Rank Application Forum”