Jacques Wilcox Master Crafter Application

Make an application here to receive a higher rank such as Apprentice, Architect, Engineer, Artist, Director or City Planner
JacquesWilcox
Architect
Architect

Jacques Wilcox Master Crafter Application

Fri Jul 22, 2016 2:46 pm

The Rank I'm applying for is: Master Crafter
My Game Name is: JacquesWilcox
My Project is called: PixModern
To get to my project: In creative you can use /warp PixModern or my /home cityp
A brief description of my project: My project is a city I have been working for a long time. It has a variety of builds. Ikea's all the way to hospitals on hilltops. It also has my favourite pixel arts I have ever done acting as biggggg billboards in the village

Three mandatory screenshots:
imgur album attached :D
http://imgur.com/a/bChpI
~JacquesWilcox
wannsa
Legendary Crafter
Legendary Crafter

Re: Jacques Wilcox Master Crafter Application

Fri Jul 22, 2016 8:24 pm

Ok finally got to the place again. Let's talk about your build.
I've flown over it, walked around it, been inside and under it. I want you to know I've put alot of thought into this.
The scale of it is good. You've got some nice areas mapped out, and some big buildings. However those buildings are pretty empty or have copy and pasted rooms that don't make sense inside. like the hospital. It looks like a large build with alot inside, but there's really not alot going on inside. The car park has levels, but no cars, no way to get the cars up to the other levels. These things hurt on Execution. The completion of it all and does it make sense. I feel like it doesn't make sense. I'd like to see more groundwork outside as well. It's nice they're elevated, but there's no trees. walkways, flowers, nothing. The road from town just stops on grass.
The overall unfinished feel of it really hurts your score here.
The lake area, with the boat is amazing. I love it. I love the boat and how well it's decorated inside and around the place. I'd like to see that level of building with all your buildings. At the very least I feel you need to finish the roads to make the build feel more like a town, and decorate some inside. Right now it feels to me these are copy and pasted buildings in one area. No real connection or flow to show me what they're meant to be.
So I'll finish with the tips. Complete the roads, tied the town together. Clean up your copy and paste blocks (grass blocks under your billboards) and make it all feel like it flows better. Put some effort into landscaping with trees/flowers/bushes. Maybe work on some of the insides as well.
I love all the pieces individually but together for me they're just not making alot of sense at this time. I can't grade it as a whole build when it feels this choppy. Talk to me more ingame if you like.
You can apply again in 7 days and good luck! This is so very close really!
Apprentice/Architect/Master Crafter/Epic Crafter/Legendary Crafter: Points required: 15 / 30 / 35 / 37 / 40
Uniqueness: 8
Beauty:7
Execution:6
Scale:9
Stephanie
Legendary Crafter
Legendary Crafter
CPU: C2E 9300 2.53 @ 3.06
RAM: 4GB @ 1333MHz
Motherboard: NVIDIA 730i
GPU: GTX 280M SLI
Display: 17" 1920x1200

Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:44 pm

I completely agree with Wannsa and her score. The higher you go in the building ranks the more things have to play in together and landscaping plays a huge roll in this. She gave you some good advice here so I would take it :) Your a great builder Jacq you got this
Zapperzz99
Engineer
Engineer
CPU: AMD FX-8320
RAM: Vengeance 8gb
Motherboard: MSI 970A-G46
GPU: GTX 760 Windforce
Display: Asus 21.5 & Asus 24"

Sun Jul 24, 2016 6:18 am

Good luck looks really cool so far
Rivlet9
Apprentice
Apprentice

Wed Aug 03, 2016 10:30 am

Also JacquesWilcox it would help to build the things yourself not from YouTube lolems ay ahhahah
1. Airport https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6HLojKEoII
2. McDonalds https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFS0E-avJfk
3. Yacht https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfIadtM4SkY

Lol,

JamoSWFC
I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways not to build a cinema with a fricking scale of 6!?!?!
Stephanie
Legendary Crafter
Legendary Crafter
CPU: C2E 9300 2.53 @ 3.06
RAM: 4GB @ 1333MHz
Motherboard: NVIDIA 730i
GPU: GTX 280M SLI
Display: 17" 1920x1200

Wed Aug 03, 2016 1:02 pm

I have to say I looked the videos, went to your build in creative and I am very disappointed. I expected more out of you since you are a seasoned player and know our rules. What I don't know which is worse. You copied other peoples buildings and tried to pass them off as your own or doing it in creative. This is a waste of staffs time and forum space. You are banned for three months before you can make any other Rank Applications.

Return to “Minecraft Rank Application Forum”