Archtect

Make an application here to receive a higher rank such as Apprentice, Architect, Engineer, Artist, Director or City Planner
kroltan
Apprentice
Apprentice

Archtect

Sun Oct 30, 2011 2:47 pm

I'm applying for: Architect
Project Name: Oxhül Stronghold
How do we get there?: /warp oxhul
Brief Description: Story: The Oxhül Stronghold is located in the deeps of the world, where once it was a safe haven for strangers durirng dark times, this massive building was long abandoned until someone rediscovered the entrance to its chambers, and built a city from it. Looks: It's basically a giant hub connecting to various rooms, such as a reed farm, war room and the dorms. This is getting continuous expansion by me, as it is not done yet, but still big enough. To reach the main room, the player must place a redstone torch in a specific block in a cave, wich will activate a system to open a hidden piston door, then go down a big straight staircase. The outside terrain is deformed such to hide any traces of habitation. The depressions in the hill face may look odd, but within a mountain chain with floating islands his may seem just another terrain feature.
Screenshots:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17163258/1.png
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17163258/2.png
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17163258/3.png
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17163258/4.png
Anything we might miss when we see it in game?: The entrance! Go in the little cave in the hill's face, then place a redstone torch in one of the inset block (keep trying too find the right block, and remember to not attach it to the sides of the block), then goet in the entrance that just opened. Remember to press the button inside the hallway to knock out the torch and close the door!
Dumskalle123
Supporter
Supporter
CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE (crap)
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB
Motherboard: ASUS M4A87TD/USB3 (crap)
GPU: ASUS DirectCU II GTX 580
Display: 2x ASUS VH238H
Cooling: Air

Re: Archtect

Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:09 am

Uniqueness on our server: Does it look like something already built?
6 - It is a hidden stronghold, I haven't seen many of those on this server. The redstoning is also very unique, I haven't seen an entrance like that before.

Beauty: Does it look nice to look at?
3 - To be honest, there is not much to look at. Some of the furniture look rather bland, but I like what you did with the slabs in picture 1, I also like the way you placed the workbenches in the war room.

Execution: Is it well made, are corridors and rooms built to the correct sizing?
6 - It is well made, although there is one thing I'd like to point out...
... I HATE 2x2 corridors.

Scale: The larger and more grand the build is the higher it scores
5 - It is not too large nor is it too small.

Total: 6 + 3 + 6 + 5 = 20, you've made Apprentice! Sadly, you didn't make it to 30 points which is the minimum for Architect. :(

Other comments: I was VERY tired while writing this, I apologize for any grammatical mistakes I might've made.
You could also continue working on this, improve the aesthetics, make the 2x2 corridors bigger etc.
I really like this place, it's a shame it didn't make Architect. :(
"what this can do da jump enemy?" - freakboy31
UWOTM8
{╯◕ ◡ ◕} ╯︵ ┻━┻ ┬─┬ノ{◕ ◡ ◕ノ} {╯◕ ◡ ◕} ╯︵ ┻━┻ ┬─┬ノ{◕ ◡ ◕ノ}
kroltan
Apprentice
Apprentice

Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:54 pm

Well, if i expand it and do what you suggested, could i re-apply it? Or do i have to make a whole new build?
Dumskalle123
Supporter
Supporter
CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE (crap)
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB
Motherboard: ASUS M4A87TD/USB3 (crap)
GPU: ASUS DirectCU II GTX 580
Display: 2x ASUS VH238H
Cooling: Air

Mon Oct 31, 2011 4:14 pm

kroltan wrote:Well, if i expand it and do what you suggested, could i re-apply it? Or do i have to make a whole new build?
You can re-apply with it after you've improved it. :P
"what this can do da jump enemy?" - freakboy31
UWOTM8
{╯◕ ◡ ◕} ╯︵ ┻━┻ ┬─┬ノ{◕ ◡ ◕ノ} {╯◕ ◡ ◕} ╯︵ ┻━┻ ┬─┬ノ{◕ ◡ ◕ノ}

Return to “Minecraft Rank Application Forum”