JamoSWFC Reapplying for Architect

Make an application here to receive a higher rank such as Apprentice, Architect, Engineer, Artist, Director or City Planner
Rivlet9
Apprentice
Apprentice

JamoSWFC Reapplying for Architect

Fri Jun 24, 2016 12:58 pm

The Rank I'm applying for is: Architect
My Game Name is: JamoSWFC
My Project is called: CineWorld
To get to my project: go to my /home build or tpa to me when im online or /warp CineWorld
A brief description of my project: A design based on the modern well known cinema franchise CineWorld with 4 screens and three floors including an arcade and restaurant.
Three mandatory screenshots:
Attachments
2016-06-24_13.49.19.png
2016-06-24_13.49.19.png (746.61 KiB) Viewed 1221 times
2016-06-24_13.51.03.png
2016-06-24_13.51.03.png (1.51 MiB) Viewed 1221 times
2016-06-24_13.53.23.png
2016-06-24_13.53.23.png (871.32 KiB) Viewed 1221 times
2016-06-24_13.51.35.png
2016-06-24_13.51.35.png (1.36 MiB) Viewed 1221 times
2016-06-24_13.51.22.png
2016-06-24_13.51.22.png (1.29 MiB) Viewed 1221 times
I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways not to build a cinema with a fricking scale of 6!?!?!
JacquesWilcox
Architect
Architect

Re: JamoSWFC Reapplying for Architect

Fri Jun 24, 2016 1:03 pm

Deserves Arch IMO
Scale is fine for arch
swaggy build
#EzMoney
~JacquesWilcox
Girvvy
Staff
Staff

Fri Jun 24, 2016 1:37 pm

Uniqueness: 9
Beauty: 6
Execution: 6
Scale: 7

Since this is my first rating of a build, I may be judging too harshly, however I feel like my judging is justified. This is a total of 28 points, which is two away from Architect. As for improvements, to me the first two floors of the build seem to be quite empty, whilst the top floor (the restaurant) is too cramped. I really like the use of paintings to represent screens and or posters from the cinema, however it feels like there's too many of them placed around the build and that they're there to take up space. I like the build so far, it looks good, I just think there are a few improvements to be made here and there :)

- Girvvy
Rivlet9
Apprentice
Apprentice

Fri Jun 24, 2016 2:59 pm

Ngl but if you go to a lot of the KFC's in England they have chairs literally everywhere so they can get as many people to eat in the franchise therefore i have placed as many chairs as i can. So it is not crowded compared to the average KFC or McDonalds. 1st floor when you go into a cinema is always just seats and ticket stands and the sweet shop. It is always filled with people when you going thats why it never looks bare. The paintings are like advertisements at the cinema theyre always literally everywhere which is why there are so many in my build. I am basing this off all the cinemas I have ever been to and they are always the same.
I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways not to build a cinema with a fricking scale of 6!?!?!
wannsa
Legendary Crafter
Legendary Crafter

Fri Jun 24, 2016 3:39 pm

Maybe add some more detail to it. Dumpsters to the side, cars parked. I walked around and didn't see any staff area. Lockers for employees etc. There's no restrooms I could find either. Details like this really help with higher ranking builds. It's part of Execution. I Really love the front of the building. It's funky and fun and catches your attention.

Anyways, I thought this might help you out. Good luck on your next try :)
Pri
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sun Jun 26, 2016 1:37 pm

I think it's best someone from UK rates this so I am going to rate it.

Beauty: 7/10
Execution: 7/10
Uniqueness: 6/10
Scale: 6/10

Total: 26 / 40

There are a few reasons for this rating.

Execution: there are some problems. For example as you walk towards the cinema screens there are numbers showing you the screen room number, however the tops of all the numbers are cut off by the hallway being too short. I also feel that the table area in the restaurant is too close, even taking into account what you said before about Burger King and McDonalds I still feel that restaurant is simply too packed and not representative of how it is in real life, I've never seen one that is that dense before. Also the Kitchen is empty. No ones cooking in there without a fridge, cooker or any thing else. Very basic. I also found some holes in some of the walls leading to grassed areas, it just overall feels unfinished Jamo.

Beauty: I think it looks quite nice overall, there is some nice touches like the video game screens, bathroom screens, the actual screen rooms look quite nice. I also like the overall appearance of the restaurant just it needs some large foot paths.

Uniqueness: We've had a lot of Cinemas made in the past, 3 of which I can recall from memory prior to this one. There is even a Cineworld in IBEX a city Rick started etc

Scale: I've deducted a few points here because three of the viewing rooms are copy/pasted, an ability you don't have access to. We're fine with people just copy and pasting a wall or a floor but an entire large room like you have had done x 3 cannot really be included in the scale objective here. I'd recommend rebuilding those rooms by hand if you want them included.

I welcome you to continue the build and resubmit at a later date.

Return to “Minecraft Rank Application Forum”