Vusys' Architect Application

Make an application here to receive a higher rank such as Apprentice, Architect, Engineer, Artist, Director or City Planner
Vusys
Apprentice
Apprentice

Vusys' Architect Application

Mon Apr 11, 2016 7:13 pm

The Rank I'm applying for is: Architect

My Game Name is: Vusys

My Project is called: Untitled / Vusys' Floating Base

To get to my project: Fly to -7610, 199, -2603

A brief description of my project: My floating base over an island in a large ocean. It has access to most amenities needed in game. Partly requires flying to navigate, especially on newer parts of the build. Bare in mind this is my base, not a museum. It's messy because it's lived in, and it's always going to be a little bit of a WIP.

Three mandatory screenshots: http://imgur.com/a/UNaVg (Annotated!)
Girvvy
Staff
Staff

Re: Vusys' Architect Application

Tue Apr 12, 2016 12:53 am

I love your build!
wesleyearl123
Architect
Architect

Tue Apr 12, 2016 1:02 am

I think you should make the island of the abandoned base with like stuff added to it, the build looks pretty nice though :)
Owner of McTidgeys
blackeyeddog
Master Crafter
Master Crafter

Tue Apr 12, 2016 6:46 am

very cool idea. This is architect worthy WHEN it is finished. The bottom half and a few pads around it are unfinished.
It is also a shame that the top of the space station runs out of room and It just cuts off cause it wouldve been cool to see the point at the top but i'm guessing it frustrates you more then anyone. Once the build is finished, resubmit and it should be architect worthy :D

I see that you are only a member so I will give you apprentice for this in the mean time. I look forward to the Finished result.

Apprentice rank applied

Apprentice - January 25th 2014
Architect - Febuary 22nd 2014
City Planner - December 21st 2014
Moderator - January 9th 2015
City Planner - May 25th 2016
Moderator - April 11th 2017
Vusys
Apprentice
Apprentice

Tue Apr 12, 2016 11:01 am

blackeyeddog wrote:very cool idea. This is architect worthy WHEN it is finished. The bottom half and a few pads around it are unfinished.
It is also a shame that the top of the space station runs out of room and It just cuts off cause it wouldve been cool to see the point at the top but i'm guessing it frustrates you more then anyone. Once the build is finished, resubmit and it should be architect worthy :D

I see that you are only a member so I will give you apprentice for this in the mean time. I look forward to the Finished result.

Apprentice rank applied
Fair enough. As I mentioned in the OP, there really is no finished for me. I've never finished a build and I've been playing since alpha - there's always something to add.

I applied for architect because I'll get apprentice from vote points alone within a week or so, but I don't want to wait another ~3 months for architect from votes.
blackeyeddog
Master Crafter
Master Crafter

Tue Apr 12, 2016 8:20 pm

Well you just need a few things that would take u a few hours.

Moderator - April 11th 2017
Pri
Site Admin
Site Admin

Tue Apr 12, 2016 8:47 pm

I do agree with what blackeyeddog said.

I think scale and execution it's pretty solid. 9 or 10 easy on scale, 8 or 9 on execution. Beauty and Uniqueness it falls a bit short.

Beauty wise it's a lot of stone brick and glass and there isn't much variation in the walls, it's just the shape of the building that gives it character where as I'd like to see some variance in the walls and things like that. Not that is isn't nice as it is of course it just that would take it to the next level. I'd give it 5/10 for beauty.

For uniqueness, we've had some builds similar to this before but I'd still give it like 5/10 for uniqueness.

So total score. Lets say 9 on scale, 9 on execution, 5 on beauty and 5 on uniqueness. That gives it a total score of 28. That's just two points away from Architect.

So I'd recommend going for the beauty to just add 2 points. You can re-submit it in 6 days so you've got plenty of time to add some variation to the structure that's already present.

:)
blackeyeddog
Master Crafter
Master Crafter

Wed Apr 13, 2016 1:11 am

What he said ^^ your so close !