CP Build: Update #1 25/5/15

Discuss, Plan, Build and Post your creations here
BMVagabond
Architect
Architect

CP Build: Update #1 25/5/15

Mon May 25, 2015 9:37 pm

A few weeks ago, I've started my latest build for the rank 'City Planner' on the server - let's just say it's been very stressful, motivational, experimental and actually pretty fun to work with so far. I have not done the proper City yet (although it's more like a town/village) and only the town centre. The town centre consists of a public garden, four statues of hands and four unfinished archway entrances so far.

I think I'm ready to move onto the entrances and maybe start planning out where the houses/shops will go, I am also working on a Stone Circle with a diameter of 160.

Yes I have used World Edit and Voxel Sniper a lot in this build (I may have destroyed my Architect build quite a lot unintentionally with missed aiming with VS/WE, I didn't notice it until it was too late to undo. Woops), I think I'm very grateful to have it for this specific project really considering I'm doing this completely independent.

Some pictures:

http://imgur.com/zCylMoO,EVa0FyX,h3C3a55

Any advice or postive comments would be good!
rebelgold
Artist
Artist

Re: CP Build: Update #1 25/5/15

Tue May 26, 2015 10:47 am

I'm also doing a ridiculously large build independently that i may not finish until after summer break even though I'm using voxel and wedit. I think i know more or less the effort needed in these large scale creative builds. I think that the hand statues look pretty well done. Coincidently I'm using hands in my build but with slightly less detail due to the size and a lot more slender to convey a creepier tone. Your statues on the other hand(lol) look quite empowering. The build right now looks quite nice, keep it up. Out of curiousity, what do you use voxel sniper for? I usually use it for landscaping and i rarely use it for anything else.

0% of people who cannot read music will understand this
25-50% of people who can read music will understand this
BMVagabond
Architect
Architect

Tue May 26, 2015 1:39 pm

rebelgold wrote:I'm also doing a ridiculously large build independently that i may not finish until after summer break even though I'm using voxel and wedit. I think i know more or less the effort needed in these large scale creative builds. I think that the hand statues look pretty well done. Coincidently I'm using hands in my build but with slightly less detail due to the size and a lot more slender to convey a creepier tone. Your statues on the other hand(lol) look quite empowering. The build right now looks quite nice, keep it up. Out of curiousity, what do you use voxel sniper for? I usually use it for landscaping and i rarely use it for anything else.
Thank you! The hand was done in under an hour so it was a bit rushed, the other three were just //copy //rotate 90 //paste and then remove a finger by hand. I'm looking for the empowering look, mainly because I was going to put towers there instead of hands but - I realized I'm quite terrible at towers.

Will do! Also, I use VS for landscaping as well but I mainly use it for statues or large structures that aren't buildings and such. I haven't used it as much in this build, but I'm very sure I will soon for the plan I have drawn on paper.
NorwegianCraft
Architect
Architect
CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-3570K
RAM: Kingston DDR3 HyperX blu 16GB
Motherboard: ASUS P8Z77-V LX, Socket-1155
GPU: GTX 670 2GB Windforce
Display: 2x AOC 24" LED G2460PQU
Cooling: Air

Wed Jun 03, 2015 4:40 pm

This has a lot of potential! Keep us updated :)

Return to “Minecraft Building Convention”