RAM: Billy goat
Motherboard: You sick piece of scum
GPU: Alienware 33 jillion
Display: .12 mm x 7.5km screen
Cooling: Pepsi

Re: The server and its future

Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:13 am

This could be good however here’s what I think would be best:

-griefing should only be allowed on builds whose builders have been inactive for 6 months (or more)
-pvp on as default is a Good idea: removing keep inventory is not.
-towns crumbling for not paying taxes is a good idea; could extend to nations as well
This must have been one Rad post.
*groan*
Panoramixia
Epic Crafter
Epic Crafter

Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:22 am

At Minecon 2018 (on September 29th), there will be a panel about Survival Multi Player server, they might have some good advice for us...
HERMITCRAFT PRESENTS – CREATING, MAINTAINING AND EVOLVING AN SMP
SMP stands for Survival Multiplayer, a subject the Hermitcraft team have tons of expertise to share!
Each panellist will speak about their SMP experience and give tips on successfully maintaining and evolving a Minecraft SMP.

Anyone who plays multiplayer Minecraft of any kind should get a lot out of this panel.
Plus there'll be a Q+A with questions we gathered from Minecraft players prior to the event!
https://minecraft.net/en-us/article/pan ... econ-earth
BioZombieActive
Artist
Artist

Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:16 pm

Wait, so my old rank build (gave up on it hence bought LC) since its not protected will be griefed and nothing will be done about it?
If you don't want a sarcastic answer, don't ask a stupid question.
Immature: A word boring people use to describe fun people.
Next sob story: rip their throat out and shove a turd down the hole.
(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧
Pri
Site Admin
Site Admin

Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:39 pm

BioZombieActive wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:16 pm
Wait, so my old rank build (gave up on it hence bought LC) since its not protected will be griefed and nothing will be done about it?
Maybe. We're still deliberating what will and will not be included in the changes. I think most people are leaning towards not allowing griefing but allowing looting instead (chest stealing, trespassing etc).
BioZombieActive
Artist
Artist

Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:44 pm

Ah, ok. Time to wait and see what is finalized.
bandofspartans

Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:53 am

I'm totally in agreement with higher stakes. Although, I don't have all my crap protected by towny. I guess I'll have to play more often. "My crap" refers to my ever-ongoing build on survival. It's gonna suck to build in the midst of PvP and griefing. But, I think it may be a good idea overall. Maybe you could save it in a template and email it to me? I think I'll finish it in creative.
Jrod
Staff
Staff

Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:36 am

I like the idea of having it a little more exciting gameplay with the risks. However, If it were a lose inventory and grief whatever the hell you please. You should disable the map. It would be easy for people to stalk others and target them, find where they have all of their chests and homes and just go there and murder, loot, and grief all they want...

I think the server needs to take bigger steps towards advertisements. Like advertising on TopG server list and what not after the improvements.

Id go into more detail but this gets the point across.
BioZombieActive
Artist
Artist

Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:12 pm

Enable mob griefing, BUT only have it be toggable in towns (if its possible) or enable it everywhere. I think doing that would make it a higher steak to light up your builds in the wild/area around them AND to lock your chests.
Daigle
Epic Crafter
Epic Crafter
CPU: Intel Core2
RAM: 4 Gig
Display: An old Sanyo 27" HDTV

Sat Sep 29, 2018 5:28 am

I've been thinking about this plenty, and the more I think about it, the more I think it should be a free-for-all outside of Towny claims and admin-designated areas. This is the way it should have always been, as it drives people to join towns where they are safe from the hazards of survival. By the time they get sick of being a subject of the mayor, they've hopefully made enough money to start their own town. This is the spirit of the Towny concept. This is how I got the drive to start my town, and I've always encouraged my subjects to do the same. If you go out into the wilderness, you do so at your own risk. Back in the day when Rambo was terrorizing the people, me and mine fought back and it was a lot of fun. If you wanted to be invisible on the map, all you had to do was drink invisibility potions. It was fun, and it at least created a need for invisibility potions, and maybe even created a need for powerful weapons and armor, and friends to help fight back (or, stab you in the back). This is one small example of how risk drives productivity. I understand this may not be fair to people who have made gigantic builds without any protection, but where are they now? I'm willing to sacrifice my unprotected stuff (now that I've transferred my collection of 21,000 music discs into the warehouse app). :mrgreen:
xlreight777
Master Crafter
Master Crafter

Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:14 pm

I used to play big time on this server, and I have really fond memories of this place. Sadly life got in the way and i stopped playing for more than a year. I was wondering how this server was doing and decided to look online today, and I have to say I am pumped. To me, at least, this seems like a great idea in almost every way. I am looking forward to getting back into all of this!

Return to “Minecraft General Discussion”