Warehouse bug fixes

Discuss anything you want about Minecraft here including our own servers
Pri
Site Admin
Site Admin

Warehouse bug fixes

Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:15 am

Since I added the "instant" warehouse auto feature there has been a bug where sometimes you may lose items stored in your warehouse.

This is caused by a race condition where by you're mining so quickly that the Warehouse auto feature tries to write two different values to the database at the same time causing data corruption. I have today fixed this issue in two ways.

1. Before writing to the database it will check that the item has an entry and the value is valid.

2. If it's unable to write data to the database it will pause, try two more times and if still unable to get ownership it will give up.

3. Autos are now programmed not to operate more than once per second per player to stop multiple processes from running over each other to access the same warehouse data.

So with these three changes I am hopeful this bug is solved, in testing today there is barely any speed difference, things are still very fast. I didn't think this change warranted a homepage post as so far only two users appear to have been affected by the bug and it only affected high-volume low-value items like Cobblestone and Dirt which users regularly mine very quickly.

Return to “Minecraft General Discussion”