Real money for Game Money - Your thoughts

Discuss anything you want about Minecraft here including our own servers

Do you think we should offer in-game money for real money?

Poll ended at Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:58 pm

Yes - Allow the purchasing of in-game money with real money
39%
No - Do not allow the purchasing of in-game money with real money
61%

Total votes: 23
Pri
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Real money for Game Money - Your thoughts

Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:29 am

Currently people can do charge backs and things right now. Our refund policy is, 30 days refund without any issue (players don't get banned for requesting a refund). We offer 90 days if the user gets banned within that time frame, this is automatic. So if you donate today and 89 days from now you get banned for any reason you are refunded fully.

And then we also offer a full complete refund with no time constraints in the event that the card used was done so without authorisation meaning you used a parent or guardians bank card without them allowing it. So even a year from now we would still refund under those circumstances.

All of that ^ is in place already for the past 11 months since we opened donations. We wouldn't change it just for offering money with the donated amounts. To be clear we wouldn't offer a separate buy in-game money with real money section on the donate page, you would just automatically receive R1,000 with each $1 you spend normally on your donations etc
LeahRaeRae

Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:39 am

Ok. Thank you for explaining that.
Only other question I have is say for example they buy X amount with X amount of real money. They use all of the X amount they received by purchasing and then after so long they would become banned or there was a dispute on the card and money was refunded back to the card and they have already received their in game money but you no longer have the in real life money so to say. What happens then? Do you just mark it up as a loss and move on or is there a way to prevent something like that from happening?
Someone could say "well they got to use the money in game and they never even really paid for it. How is that fair to me?"

In no way do I want anyone reading this to think I am making a big fuss about this just to be a witch or anything. Just concerned about people getting screwed over or taken advantage of. Ive sold things in the past to some people on ebay just to have them turn around and dispute EVERY charge they had placed in say a months period. I was out the item and money was refunded to them so I was without anything.

I cant speak for the UK and other places but fraud is very big in the US.

Maybe if this does start it can be on a trial period?
Pri
Site Admin
Site Admin

Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:00 am

I would certainly handle that stuff on a case by case basis. It is possible for example to penalise players in other ways. For example we could siphon all their payme and vote money until the debt is repaid etc

But at the end of the day I want the server to be fun and accessible to all players, even ones that change their mind about something they purchased. Obviously people who charge back will never be allowed to donate again unless it was for some special circumstance etc

The thing to keep in mind though is that this discussion and poll is more about if you personally want this feature or not, the logistics is something I will sort out if the players desire the feature.

I keep getting asked for it, sometimes twice a month so I felt it fair to ask the entire player base if it's something they really want.
LeahRaeRae

Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:12 am

Ok. Thank you for the replies. I still vote no.
There are many of ways to make money on here.
Like as I just mentioned in chat a few minutes ago.. with the ad.
How many of the people that are asking for this in game money have actually registered for the forums and earned that 1000R? How many vote daily? Thats 450R per day. (Dont answer those question either, lol)
There are some people that offer money to help others do jobs and I often see some/alot of those requests going unanswered or no one offers the help to make the money.

Just things for people to think about when they decide to vote on this topic.
I'm staying here either way. I will continue to vote daily. I will continue to donate money not to get any rennies in return because I like this server and want to help.
I will support the final decision and outcome of this either way. :)
Tserofq

Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:06 am

I agree with Girvvy, but on the contrary I want to point out that if someone does want to support the server they should be rewarded, but with something less intimidating & somewhat "game breaking" as currency. not sure what tho, maybe heads of some sort or a special banner ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
TimoCraft
Engineer
Engineer
CPU: A potato
RAM: Potato Chips
Motherboard: Mashed Potatoes
GPU: Baked Potato
Display: Hash Brown
Cooling: Potato Juice

Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:58 am

I voted yes, then remembered that this being implemented would end up skyrocketing jrod into a top spot on the server, so I'd like to change my vote

EDIT: nvm i found out how to

Neptunia,
Il castello di Nettuno
TheLenore
Staff
Staff

Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:19 pm

I voted against it, because I fear it might end up like one of those pay2play servers. I understand it may help with server costs, but it would mess up the entire server economy - you'd have new players buying money (or other perks) and Jack would go mad cause all his hard work aimed towards establishing monopoly over the market would be for naught :D We already get money for not using adblockers on site
Special items - heads, banners, even tools or extra town plots would be a better option (I think someone up there mentioned it) - it's something you can buy with ingame money without donating, but by donating you'd be able to save the ingame money cause in the end you don't really depend on all those
MentosBoost
Staff
Staff

Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:27 pm

I'm a little torn between yes and no. On one hand it would be a good way to help fund the server, and the rate 1$ for 1000R seems fair (voting for 2 days would almost be the same). On the other hand I'm happy with how the donation system works atm with supporter ranks, and I also believe we have plenty of ways to earn rennies. I'm not sure if it could have a negative effect on the server economy and the community, if some players are not able to partake and therefore feel left out or with a disadvantage compared to other players.
Either it shouldn't be rennies, but some other perks like the supporter status, or perhaps there should be a limit for how much in-game money you can get from donating.
Tomoki
Epic Crafter
Epic Crafter
CPU: ME Network
RAM: 64k ME Storage Component
Motherboard: Me Controller {3x3}
GPU: Engineering Processor
Display: ME Crafting Terminal {Orange}
Cooling: Gelid Cryotheum

Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:37 am

ooooh, a limit might be a good idea. like, not able to donate for more than 50$ worth of rennies within, six months or something like that?
maybe further donations within that period would result in less rennies? hmmm i couldn't say but it's a good thought

PERSONALLY i like the system the way it is.
kinda feels like one of our (renmx's) trademarks.
BUT times change :mrgreen: i'm interested to see what happens....
........theres a squatch in these woods...
blackeyeddog
Master Crafter
Master Crafter

Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:13 am

I vote no for the single reason of new players.
On the 9th of July I will have been on this server for 4 years. The way I had to earn Rennies and resources was through voting, being online, winning contests and selling and trading items. For many of our veteran players who worked their asses off to get the materials for the builds they have today or the certain things they did today they had to work hard. Giving this power to exchange money for Rennies means new players can skip this beginning stage for their builds and lifestyle on the game. The thing I love most about this server and why after nearly 4 years I keep coming back is for the community, the play style and for the players who I have become friends with over the years who have also stuck around. It might sound petty but we worked hard to get to where we are and bringing payments in makes it easier for those who can't be bothered working for something.

Thank you :)

Apprentice - January 25th 2014
Architect - Febuary 22nd 2014
City Planner - December 21st 2014
Moderator - January 9th 2015
City Planner - May 25th 2016
Moderator - April 11th 2017

Return to “Minecraft General Discussion”