RAM: 16GB
Motherboard: -
GPU: GTX 1050Ti 4GB
Display: -
Cooling: -

Player Spotlight: booters2003

Mon Aug 22, 2016 6:24 am

Booters2003

Recently, Booters2003 got promoted to Architect for very nice medieval build. Other than her building skills, she is very known and friendly user of the community.

Who are you? When did you join RenMX?
Well, I am booters2003, mostly known as boots. I joined two years ago on June 14th! I am a quite active person who only started getting good at building! It really proves that you can improve by surrounding yourself with others who are better than you.

What do you enjoy the most in our server?
I mostly enjoy the people, but one thing that is really nice is the ability to buy fly. Fly is a great item, because I always wanted to fly, but not have unlimited items because that is too easy. Having the ability to buy your items, manage them, and still have health and mobs, allows for a more fun experience overall.

What types of creations do you like to create?
Personally, my build style is closer to the middle ages, or the medieval times. This style comes from the 5th century, all the way to the 15th. I find it easier to build like this, because of the arches. (See next section for why)

How do you plan before you create?
When I build, I first go on the internet for inspiration. Sometimes I find myself browsing at images, or just reading articles on the time period my build style is in. This helps me understand what people go through, and what they did. Which, in turn, allows me to build things in the requirements of that. After that, I try to imagine what that would look like, and start building. usually it takes me like 2-4 tries to get what I imagined, but all you have to remember is try try again. Once building, I try to implement arches, and detailed windows. The arches provide a nice base to start off of for larger builds, and it fits in with the architecture of the time. then, I start filling stuff in with my imagination, and fix the interiors of how I think they would be.

Do you have any tips for us to craft better creations?
Hmmm, tips for better creations. I have three major tips! The first is; do NOT over detail! I was a victim of this for my first year and a half because I thought, the more detailing you have, the better it looks! Boy was I wrong.. All of those creations turned out to be very ugly and confusing to the eye, so it is very important to keep some of the build just one block. The easiest way to do this, is choose a main block, and another for details. The second tip is; add some landscaping! I recently just learned this one a few days ago thanks to the wonderful mod, Wannsa. One thing she noted to me in this most recent build is the the land I cleared was too flat. I added some terraforming, then landscaped with flowers and pathways. This added wonders to the look of my build! It made it seem realistic, and not as minecrafty. The third and final is just simply, ask for help or opinions. This has helped me sooo much in my time on the server, and I wouldn't be the builder I am today if I was alone!

Any projects we look forward to?
The project that you will most likely be seeing is the one I am working on. I am still trying to come up with a name for it, but for now it is Bootseth Castellum (Boot's Castle in old English xD) I plan on adding many things to it, such as a small village, and many other things you will have to see for yourself! I will be working with _xlreight on his town that I am comayor of. The town is called Megabear, and we are currently working on a new town spawn!

If you're going to implement a feature for RenMX, what would it be?
A new feature... I would probably add a few features. The first would be able to have personalized dogs/cats. They would have 5 modes (peaceful, attack all harmful mobs, attack all neutral mobs, attack all mobs, attack on hit) The second one would be able to turn the stair block all ways, without going diagonal, instead of just the few ways we can. And the last one would be having vertical slabs. These would be very helpful, but it is not really a feature, just more of a block.

What's your feedback about our community?
The community of RenMX is WONDERFUL! I love how whenever I go on the server I actually know people! Also, one of my favorite things is that the people on the server are willing to help you get better at building, or just help in general. Ninjafire, a player, always comes on and asks if anyone need help, and is most times turned down, but it is still nice. The staff on the server are also wonderful as well! I always check to see if they are busy first, but if not, they have helped me so much in becoming a better builder. I just want to shout out to everyone I know who has helped me to build like I can on the server, y'all are so nice!

Album link: http://imgur.com/a/JsFvw
I'm SUPPORTER and was the first Asian and youngest staff member at age 13.
freakboy31
Epic Crafter since Nov 2013 / Server moderator from Jun. 2012 - Oct. 2017

Populus Magnus nation
Failure
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: Player Spotlight: booters2003

Mon Aug 22, 2016 2:16 pm

grats boots
Lord Farquaad Is My Dad

Return to “Minecraft General Discussion”