New feature: Warehouse (need testers!)

Discuss anything you want about Minecraft here including our own servers
Pri
Site Admin
Site Admin

New feature: Warehouse (need testers!)

Tue Aug 02, 2016 5:48 pm

Now in Beta

To keep it simple, warehouse is a new feature that lets you store items in an invisible giant warehouse so that you can retrieve them anywhere in the world without needing to go to a chest.

It also has the ability to keep items on you (or take them automatically). So for example if you're mining it can automatically take the Cobble from your inventory and store it in your Warehouse while making sure you always have 16 torches in your inventory etc

Below are the commands, when you see something in < > it means that is required, when you see things in [ ] that means it's optional.

Manually Storing Items:

/store [quantity] - Store the item in your hand in the optional quantity you specify (if you don't provide a quantity it will just store what's in your hand)

/store all - Store every one of this item that you're holding

/store inv - Store everything in your entire inventory (except enchanted things, renamed things etc - It ignores those)

(If you supply a username like above it will store the items in that users warehouse instead of your own. So for example instead of doing /store 12 you could do /store _Pri 12 to send Pri the 12 items you're holding instead.)

Manually Retrieving Items:

/get <name> [quantity] - Retrieve or just view the quantity stored of the item you specify by name, if no quantity is specified it will try to give you upto 1 full stack of that item when you click on it in the menu.

/get list - View a list of everything you have stored (warning list could be huge!)

Automatic Inventory Management:

/auto [Quantity] [verbose]
- The quantity you write here will be how much the Warehouse tries to keep in your inventory at all times (it checks your inventory once every 30 seconds). - If you include the verbose (like /auto 12 verbose) it will send you a message when it alters your inventory. This can be useful if you want it to tell you when it moves diamonds or other valuables etc

/auto off - Disable the auto you've setup for the item you're holding

/auto list - View and remove (by clicking) any auto's you have setup.

So for example if you write /auto 0 while holding Cobble it will try to make sure you have 0 cobble in your inventory at all times, anything over that amount it will take from you and store in your warehouse.

Similarly if you want always to have 64 torches on you (for mining etc) you can hold a torch in your hand and type /auto 64 - Any torches above this amount will be put in your storage and any below that amount will be given to you from your storage to keep your total at 64 in your inventory.
CyborgTed

Re: New feature: Warehouse (need testers!)

Tue Aug 02, 2016 9:21 pm

Just found a bug, I keep trying to store items such as Magma cream and it doesn't use using /store all, it says You've store x [ total] and the I do /store and it says sorry the item you're trying to store cannot be stored. And now it works after I relogged
Pri
Site Admin
Site Admin

Tue Aug 02, 2016 9:46 pm

Okay, thank you for that report CyborgTed, I will investigate.

Also if any of you had items stored in there since yesterday they were wiped out as the database scheme had to be altered. Again I want to re-iterate that this is an Alpha feature so you may lose items until the code has stabilised.
Pri
Site Admin
Site Admin

Tue Aug 02, 2016 10:48 pm

More bugs have been fixed with retrieving items, you may have lost some times when trying to retrieve things. This has been fixed. The same bug has also been fixed in the auto system. Many bugs with the /store all and /store inv have also been fixed.

Once the current code is stable and bug free I will begin to add the sharing / friends access feature. I'm currently working on the website GUI to see what you have stored graphically.
booters2003
Apprentice
Apprentice

Wed Aug 03, 2016 2:25 am

So far I have no issues! I can't wait to see what is next for this new system! Thanks a bunch, it helps keep my inv nice and tidy xD
Architect since August 2016
Pri
Site Admin
Site Admin

Wed Aug 03, 2016 3:07 am

I'm glad you like it ^.^
Pri
Site Admin
Site Admin

Wed Aug 03, 2016 2:29 pm

Okay I've modified the /store command so that you can now send items from your inventory to other players warehouses.

So instead of:

/store
/store #
/store all
/store inv

you can now do:

/store _Pri
/store _Pri #
/store _Pri all
/store _Pri inv

and replace the _Pri with the username you want to have the items of course. This is step one of the sharing feature, you can send items to anyone without needing permission (since the storage is unlimited in size I didn't see the point in restricting who you can receive items from).

I'll be adding the ability to take items from others warehouses (with permission) and auto inventory management support to this sharing feature soon.
Pri
Site Admin
Site Admin

Thu Aug 04, 2016 3:40 pm

Okay quite a few new features were added today including:

/get <name> all - Tries to fill your inventory with as many items as it can fit that you specify
/auto clearall - Remove all your autos
/auto disable - Disable all your autos
/auto enable - Enable all your autos

/auto <name> # [verbose] - Automatically send items to someone else using the normal auto feature. So for example if you typed /auto _Pri 0 while holding Cobble Stone, all your cobble would be automatically sent to me that you're holding in your inventory.

If you set another number like /auto _Pri 64 and you went below 64 Cobblestone, it would come out of your own Warehouse and be given to you, but anything over 64 would be given to me (_Pri) since you specified my name.

I hope you like these changes. I think the warehouse system is mostly complete now. I'm still mulling about how to bring in a sharing feature, the code is easy to write it's coming up with an easy to use way that makes sense for players to remember and use. I want it to be simple and intuitive and all the ways I can think of right now are overly complicated.
EmberCelica
Engineer
Engineer
CPU: i7 6700k
RAM: 16GB DDR4
Motherboard: [Unknown]
GPU: AMD RX480
Cooling: Fan Cooling

Thu Aug 04, 2016 4:26 pm

an idea is to expand the /auto <disable/enable> command by adding an additional parameter [time] where it disables it for the specified number of cycles/minutes, with -1 being the default of until its toggled again
Image Im the engineer of engineers.
Check out my redstone info thread
Pri
Site Admin
Site Admin

Thu Aug 04, 2016 10:30 pm

Under what circumstances would someone need that? - I can add it I'm just unsure of how useful people will find it.

Return to “Minecraft General Discussion”