RAM: 16GB
Motherboard: -
GPU: GTX 1050Ti 4GB
Display: -
Cooling: -

Player Spotlight: Zapperzz99

Sat Jun 25, 2016 3:31 pm

Zapperzz99

Recently, a player has been promoted to Engineer rank, probably the rarest applied rank in the server with few able to obtain it! And, that player is Zapperzz99! Mayor of Baconridge and former Architect rank holder has found a new talent of building redstone contraptions and his latest contraption is a working visual calculator! I would like to see more of his newfound talent!

Who are you? When did you join RenMX?
I’m Zapperzz99, I joined in December 2012 on my friend’s account Killboxncrossbow. I bought this account in January 2013 just to play on RenMx :)

What do you enjoy the most in our server?
Building and chatting with friends. All the custom plugins make the experience even better! The feel of the server is so nice, you can hop on just to talk and relax... or you can spend hours building something, or attempting an easter egg, or collecting rennies, ect. No matter what you want to do or create, there's a renmx feature for you! You aren't kidding when you say on the server screen "[your username] - Your home of imagination"

What types of creations do you like to create?
I make redstone creations, as well as towers, houses, and other buildings. I love building underground too.

How do you plan before you create?
For buildings: I sometimes go into creative, it really helps you get an idea of how structures will look. Especially if you have access to world edit. Also if you need to build on a specific landscape, you can import that landscape to the creative server, and build on it in creative.

For redstone: I think about what needs to happen, then I divide it into sections, then build each section. This really helps split the workload and accomplish each section quickly.

Do you have any tips for us to craft better creations?
For buildings: I would say scale impresses more than tiny details will. If you spend 20 minutes thinking about the layout of a couple slabs and stairs on the entrance of your building, it won’t look nearly as good as spending 20 minutes building a giant arch for the entrance of your building... even if it looks more blocky and has less details. Scaling up always helps, and makes it much easier to create details. Be ambitious :)

For redstone: After planning like I described in the last question. I will normally run into a problem and get stuck very quickly. There’s a problem that I can’t seem to get around. My tip would be to stop and take a break at this point. Make sure you do this before you get frustrated. While you’re doing something else the solution will come to you. For me, the solution normally comes to me right before I fall asleep. Make sure you can write down these ideas before you forget them. And same as my building tips, be ambitious. If there’s something you want to create, whether it’s a piston door, a calculator, or an entire computer… you CAN do it. It doesn't matter who you are or what your previous experiences are, with determination and effort you WILL do it.

Any projects we look forward to?
I’m going to add all 4 functions to my calculator. I’m also going to be building a desert village and a jungle village with my friend DarkMagician42. I've been working on my skyblock island lately too (there's a WIP picture of it somewhere on this page). I’m almost done making a guide on how to export entire towns from this server to an empty world, I hope some of you find it useful when I’m done!

If you're going to implement a feature for RenMX, what would it be?
Moz once requested this feature: Using a command you can enable/disable specific player(s) to teleport to you without you typing /tpaccept (like a whitelist for teleporting). I also think this would be an awesome feature!

What's your feedback about our community?
It’s fabulous!!!

More images:
I'm SUPPORTER and was the first Asian and youngest staff member at age 13.
freakboy31
Epic Crafter since Nov 2013 / Server moderator from Jun. 2012 - Oct. 2017

Populus Magnus nation
bandofspartans

Re: Player Spotlight: Zapperzz99

Sat Jun 25, 2016 5:58 pm

Dude, this is legit.

I haven't tried much with redstone, but I know it can be difficult.
Especially when building a calculator(let alone a scientific one).

Congrats!
>:D
EmberCelica
Engineer
Engineer
CPU: i7 6700k
RAM: 16GB DDR4
Motherboard: [Unknown]
GPU: AMD RX480
Cooling: Fan Cooling

Re: Player Spotlight: Zapperzz99

Sun Jun 26, 2016 12:47 am

Good job on engi and the spotlight. Hope I have and can help you with redstone when we are both on
Image Im the engineer of engineers.
Check out my redstone info thread

Return to “Minecraft General Discussion”