Just an idea for SMP

Discuss anything you want about Minecraft here including our own servers
emme75
Architect
Architect

Just an idea for SMP

Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:45 am

Am I the only one that want More Creatures for SMP I think it would be fun as hell and even harder. I think many would love the challenge.
emme75
soundwafflez

Re: Just an idea for SMP

Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:56 am

Problem is, 1/2 the people who join this server probably don't even know that this mod exists. Although a(nother) separate server might do the trick.
emme75
Architect
Architect

Mon Oct 17, 2011 2:05 am

Why would we need a new server because some peoples dont know about the mod?
emme75
soundwafflez

Mon Oct 17, 2011 2:36 am

emme75 wrote:Why would we need a new server because some peoples dont know about the mod?
Let me rephrase:
Problem is, 1/2 the people who join this server probably don't even know that this mod exists. Although a(nother) separate server might do the trick (as in for the people who know how to/already have installed the mod).
Clear enough?!
skoch26
Master Crafter
Master Crafter

Mon Oct 17, 2011 2:49 am

Lol MORE SERVERS CUZ 4 ISN'T ENOUGH ALREADY JABDKSKBDJDJDBBEOSNWBDJD!!!
emme75
Architect
Architect

Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:11 am

soundwafflez wrote:
emme75 wrote:Why would we need a new server because some peoples dont know about the mod?
Let me rephrase:
Problem is, 1/2 the people who join this server probably don't even know that this mod exists. Although a(nother) separate server might do the trick (as in for the people who know how to/already have installed the mod).
Clear enough?!
Oh yeah now I get it. But isn't More Creatures a server mod?
emme75
Pri
Site Admin
Site Admin

Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:19 am

Any modification that adds new content in to the game such as more animals requires both a Server and Client side mod. Servers do not yet support the automatic transfer of installed textures, models, sounds or other files to clients that connect but I believe this is a feature that Notch will include in a future update as it's a pretty standard feature in other online games such as Unreal Tournament, Team Fortess, Counter Strike, Garrys Mod and so on and so forth.
soundwafflez

Mon Oct 17, 2011 2:06 pm

Pri wrote:Any modification that adds new content in to the game such as more animals requires both a Server and Client side mod. Servers do not yet support the automatic transfer of installed textures, models, sounds or other files to clients that connect but I believe this is a feature that Notch will include in a future update as it's a pretty standard feature in other online games such as Unreal Tournament, Team Fortess, Counter Strike, Garrys Mod and so on and so forth.
Problem: REALLY BIG .jar over time.
Pri
Site Admin
Site Admin

Mon Oct 17, 2011 2:56 pm

The way it will be done is you'll download files individually and store them as individual files. They won't be stored inside the main binary jar like mods have to be today. This will make it much easier for end users and mirror the way that other games do it.
soundwafflez

Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:05 pm

Pri wrote:The way it will be done is you'll download files individually and store them as individual files. They won't be stored inside the main binary jar like mods have to be today. This will make it much easier for end users and mirror the way that other games do it.
I hadn't though of that XD

Return to “Minecraft General Discussion”