How to install Zombe Modpack

Discuss anything you want about Minecraft here including our own servers
skoch26
Master Crafter
Master Crafter

How to install Zombe Modpack

Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:45 pm

Hey guys, so here's how to install the zombe modpack, since we get alot of people asking how to do it. This modpack includes the ever useful flymod, which is the only mod the can be used on the server. This is as detailed as I can get so here goes.

What you will need:
1. Zombe modpack .zip file. Can be found here: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/910 ... upd-30jul/
2. Either Winrar or 7zip to open .jar files. Search for either one if you don't have them. You only need one of them.
3. A good attention span.

How to install:
1. Download the zombe modpack .zip file from the link above. (if outdated, search zombe modpack and find the latest on the minecraft forums).
2. Extract all files from the .zip file. If you don't know how, you'll figure it out eventually.
3. Go to your .minecraft file. It is found in your AppData file. How to get there: Windows XP: click Start, click Run, type %AppData% in the bar and then enter, look for .minecraft it should be near the top. Windows 7/Vista: click Start, type %AppData% in the search bar and click the AppData folder, .minecraft is under the roaming folder(I think). Mac Os and Linux... I dunno, maybe someone can help me there.
4. Go to your .bin folder in .minecraft
5. When you see the .minecraft folder, right click it and select Open With, an then either 7zip, Winrar, whatever you want to use
6. DELETE THE META-INF FOLDER!!!! YOU WILL GET A BLACK SCREEN IF YOU DON'T.
7. Now go back to your unzipped Zombe Modpack folder and find the classes folder
8. Select all of the files in the classes folder and drag and drop them all into the .minecraft folder that should be open with 7zip or Winrar. DONT JUST COPY OVER THE FOLDER IT WON'T WORK.
9. Now go back to your .minecraft folder and make a new folder named "mods".
10. In your new "mods" folder, make a new folder named "zombe".
11. Now go back to your unzipped zombe modpack folder and find the "config" folder.
12. Go into the config folder and drag all of the text files into your "zombe" file in your .minecraft file.
13. TO ENABLE FLYMOD: Find the .txt file named "config" and open it.
14. Scroll down through the text until you find Flying.
15. Where it says "#enableFlying = yes", delete the #.
16. Now you can set up the controls and movement speed in the Flying section. Just stay within the range of numbers given next to the movement speed type.
17. Load minecraft and soar through the heavens!

Well that's my guide. Hope this helps and if you have questions, comments, feedback or critiques, all are welcome to help make this guide better.
Dumskalle123
Supporter
Supporter
CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE (crap)
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB
Motherboard: ASUS M4A87TD/USB3 (crap)
GPU: ASUS DirectCU II GTX 580
Display: 2x ASUS VH238H
Cooling: Air

Re: How to install Zombe Modpack

Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:55 am

Great guide! :D
"what this can do da jump enemy?" - freakboy31
UWOTM8
{╯◕ ◡ ◕} ╯︵ ┻━┻ ┬─┬ノ{◕ ◡ ◕ノ} {╯◕ ◡ ◕} ╯︵ ┻━┻ ┬─┬ノ{◕ ◡ ◕ノ}
PandaOwnage
Supporter
Supporter
CPU: Intel Core i7 950
RAM: 12GB Kingston DDR3 HyperX 1600
Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth X58
GPU: Gigabyte Radeon HD5870
Display: Asus VH242 24"
Cooling: Air

Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:40 pm

5. When you see the .minecraft folder, right click it and select Open With, an then either 7zip, Winrar, whatever you want to use

Fail typo lol
skoch26
Master Crafter
Master Crafter

Sat Aug 13, 2011 4:50 am

/facepalm

EDIT TO 5. You should look for minecraft.jar (executable java folder). Not .minecraft

Return to “Minecraft General Discussion”