RAM: 16GB
Motherboard: -
GPU: GTX 1050Ti 4GB
Display: -
Cooling: -

Player Spotlight (Pri / VodkaDK)

Sat Jan 04, 2014 2:07 am

~===~
Presenting to you our very special person...
~===~

Enough dots!!

Pri
First Player Spotlight of 2014

He, as most of us know, is the founder of RenMX (the Minecraft server). He is the person behind every aspects of the server including the whole RenMX website... it's all created by him! But dude, mark my word. I worship no one in flesh. Without him, I wouldn't have played the best server my friend invited me to a long time ago.

For now, you love this server. Once you read his interview, I hope you will love the server more.

Who are you? How did you found RenMX?

I am Pri aka VodkaDK. I originally joined the Renegades community in 2006 when it was only a WinMX Chat Room. WinMX is a file sharing / chat program similar to Napster or Kazaa. About a year after I joined I took over and started the website which I named RenMX (Combining Renegades with WinMX = RenMX). In 2010 I bought Minecraft and joined a server, the owner of that server wasn't running it very well and I thought I could do a better job so I started our Renegades Minecraft Server which we later changed the name of to just RenMX so it fit in better with our website name.

What do you enjoy the most in our server?

I enjoy the community the most. Talking with players, looking at their creations and just generally interacting with the community that is the most fun part for me.

Any updates we look forward to?

Well I do have a lot of things planned but actually being able to implement them is a big question at the moment. We will be updating to 1.7.x very soon and I'm sure players will look forward to the new items included with that update and our new increased border size.

As a server owner, how hard is it to maintain such a popular server since you also have a family?

It is difficult. There are a lot of things I want to implement that I cannot. I was in a rush to finish the Card System before our second daughter Lily was born as I knew I'd not be able to do much of anything for a long time after she was born. I had to take a month off work to help out around the house and with the children. We do have a Nanny now who comes on weekdays and helps out too. Of course you guys probably know I run my business from our home office and since I'm the boss I can take liberties with where I divide my time. Usually when you spot me on IRC I'll be working at the same time that I'm idling.

Besides being a server owner, what is your job outside Minecraft and WinMX?

I founded a consumer electronics design business. We essentially do the design of a consumer electronic product for another company. So if for example a big name electronics manufacturer wants to make a new set top box or a TV or a VoIP phone but they don't have the time or resources to commit to such a project they may solicit outside design firms to help in a small way or to design the entire product for them. We mostly deal in software only so another company will have made the physical product and we just do the firmware/software that runs on it but sometimes we do it all. I currently employ 5 individuals not including myself.

About donations last time, what happened? Did you donate to the victims of typhoon Haiyan or you spare for somewhere else?

The donation money which we took in from about Feb 2013 to August 2013 has all been spent on replacement parts for the server. So far that included drive backplanes, replacement solid state drive, Motherboard + CPU Upgrade and a new uninterruptable power supply. We currently do not accept donations due to the complications around accepting money. I don't see it being a problem going forward I am more than happy to keep paying for the community.

If the server has shut down, where else will you go?

Nowhere. I'm not interested in playing on other servers.

What's your feedback about our community?

I think the community is great and getting better all the time. We had some explosive growth this year and the quality of players has improved greatly.

What is your vision to the server and the community?

My vision for the future of the server is that we become a very technically uplifted server with unique features programmed specifically for us by us. Things like our online shop, auctions, vote page, cards and referral system are all just the beginning of my vision for our community. I want to add more features like those both in the browser and inside the game. I also want our staff to continually be improving with better strategic hiring.
I'm SUPPORTER and was the first Asian and youngest staff member at age 13.
freakboy31
Epic Crafter since Nov 2013 / Server moderator from Jun. 2012 - Oct. 2017

Populus Magnus nation
freakboy31
Supporter
Supporter
CPU: i7-7700HQ
RAM: 16GB
Motherboard: -
GPU: GTX 1050Ti 4GB
Display: -
Cooling: -

Re: First Player Spotlight of 2014.....

Sat Jan 04, 2014 2:36 pm

Had to post early. :)
I'm SUPPORTER and was the first Asian and youngest staff member at age 13.
freakboy31
Epic Crafter since Nov 2013 / Server moderator from Jun. 2012 - Oct. 2017

Populus Magnus nation
Pri
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:10 pm

I sure like this Pri guy.
RamboNol
Legendary Crafter
Legendary Crafter

Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:49 pm

The only one I have to bow to Q.Q
INSERT COOL SIGNATURE
Psico45
Master Crafter
Master Crafter

Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:43 am

Well I know some details over Pri and due to his gargantuan effort put into this server, the best I have seen by far and as far as I am concerned the best that will every be, I don't feel bad stroking his ego every now and then. :P

Like seriously Pri, thanks for making the best mine craft server out there. Your time and effort put into this has made a lot of people come together and play in harmony. Friendships have been made and undone and a lot of great builders have come by. I have seen progress of this server that I have not seen anywhere else, and why sure other servers are just dedicated to one particular thing, this server is dedicated to so many at the same time it really is surprising that it can all be done so efficiently.

Thank you!

Happy 2014!
Dagstaff
Architect
Architect

Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:29 am

I do believe this is the best maintained MC server out there. Ty Pri
Pri
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Player Spotlight (Pri / VodkaDK)

Tue Dec 27, 2016 12:05 am

Nice to see what I said in this interview regarding our future plans. We added so much unique playable content with Easter Eggs which hadn't been added to the server at the time that interview was taken. We also added a lot of features like in-game auctions/shop menu, the easter egg menu, the files uploader, the warehouse feature. We added our own private message system which blows the socks off all the plugins out there for it.

I think we completed all the goals I set out and then some :)
Panoramixia
Epic Crafter
Epic Crafter

Tue Dec 27, 2016 3:41 am

Pri wrote:I think we completed all the goals I set out and then some :)
Do you have new goals ?
or prefer on improving existing aspect of some parts ?
or grow the community ?
or enjoy life ?
or... ? :lol:
Pri
Site Admin
Site Admin

Tue Dec 27, 2016 4:48 pm

I think it is our intention to continue to improve everything we've already done bit by bit and also to create much more playable content and to advertise that content heavily to grow the communities size a bit more.

There were a lot of promises made in that interview and also the 2014 and 2015 year end retrospectives. Things like making our shop/auctions accessible in-game, rewriting the shop, making all our sites HTTPS (Encrypted, secure).

I'm very proud to say all those obligations were met :)

Return to “Minecraft General Discussion”