Dedicated Web Shop Thread

Discuss anything you want about Minecraft here including our own servers
Psico45
Master Crafter
Master Crafter

Re: Dedicated Web Shop Thread

Sun Jun 16, 2013 12:07 am

Good to see all the progress for that page :)
Pri
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:47 pm

The shop has been updated, you can now purchase Mob Spawners. They are rather expensive (Starting at R1,000 all the way up to R5,000) but they are powerful items and we don't know yet how players will use them so we are setting the price quite high. You are free to make hostile mob farms by using these.

If we believe you are abusing the Mob Spawners we may revoke your privilege to purchase them and remove any you have placed so please use these responsibly.

And of course just like the other sections of the shop you can collapse this section just like the others and in the Options menu you can untick Mob Spawner gifting meaning no one can send you Mob Spawners as a gift.
Psico45
Master Crafter
Master Crafter

Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:12 pm

I see you added zombie pig men and bats. I'll count my pennies and try to buy 1 or 2 for the new build I'm making :) Probably a skeleton here and a zombie there will heighten the player experience
Pri
Site Admin
Site Admin

Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:12 pm

Yup :) It was quite difficult to get the mob spawners to work correctly due to them not having mob specific ID's when in your inventory but I came up with a solution.

I hope everyone enjoys them. And as always I am taking suggestions for what next to add to the shop.
Psico45
Master Crafter
Master Crafter

Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:24 pm

How did you manage?

Also, what about enchanted books? Although I dont really find them a necessity and they would have to be quite pricey because they would take away the random process of enchanting. Dunno just tossing some suggestions. Maybe mix that up with tiered voting like Tier 3 can buy Efficiency 5 enchanted books at like 700 Rickies (example price since buying lvl 50 exp costs 500 and wood 16, player would need to account for the leather, paper and that kind of stuff). A High price wouldnt be unexpected
Pri
Site Admin
Site Admin

Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:50 pm

Keep in mind I don't want to offer things people can make. The armour has that vote requirement to make sure only very few people can get it and the rest of the users are expected to make it or purchase it from the shop and sell it to other players who don't have the votes to get it.

Now about the Spawners, I ended up finding a plugin that could keep the ID numbers of a spawner if you used a silk touch pick to pick one up. It would keep the ID. So I could use that code to give a user the item as if they silk touched it. But I still couldn't get the item in to a players inventory, so I found a way to get it in to a users hand and originally I thought about making a requirement that your hand be empty to purchase but then I found another way to insert the item in to the first free slot in the inventory.

Then I realised people had no idea what spawner they had since they all just said Spawner so I insert the name of the Spawner in to the ID the same way that we rename the enchanted armour. And there we have it, spawn cages with names to identify which spawner you have :)
jackerdelta
Legendary Crafter
Legendary Crafter

Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:11 pm

WHAT ABOUT we have a thing where you spend 250R (or whatever) and you get a random lvl between 1-45! Or you could buy POTION effects on yourself until you logout! OR you can make boss spawning like spawn a wither skele for 250 or something! Anyways just ideas :/

Legendary Crafter 2016, Epic Crafter 2015-2016, City Planner 2013-2015, Architect 2012-2013, Apprentice 2011-2012
Psico45
Master Crafter
Master Crafter

Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:00 pm

Neat trick, sounds like it was quite the handful
IceDevice
Supporter
Supporter
CPU: AMD FX 8120
RAM: 8GB of some shit brand
Motherboard: Some shitty gigabyte board
GPU: Zotac GTX 970
Display: 24" Samsung thing
Cooling: Air

Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:00 pm

Hey, I just thought of something. You could change mob spawning at your location [only non-hostile mobs of course] to eggs, possibly. So you could maybe rename the egg and see a named animal so you can tell who's who?
Think it's a possibility?
The only difference between dicking around and science...
is writing it down.
Pri
Site Admin
Site Admin

Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:28 am

The shop gift recipient box now only suggests users who are actually online instead of every user who has ever visited our Survival server.

This should make the page a lot faster to load for you and it decreases load on the server and of course makes the box faster to find the user you're looking for with more accurate and specific suggestions.

Return to “Minecraft General Discussion”