Game Server Updates

Discuss anything you want about Minecraft here including our own servers
Pri
Site Admin
Site Admin

Game Server Updates

Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:19 pm

I thought I'd make this thread to inform you all about some recent software updates to our Minecraft Servers.

First of all we have upgraded from Java 6 to Java 7. This update brings performance improvements, bug fixes and new features which Minecraft or Bukkit may make use of in the future.

But as for Bukkit Specific updates we have now updated to 1.2.5-R4.0 which is the very latest recommended build of Bukkit which corrects some known exploits and generally improves the software over what we were using (1.2.5-R1.0 on Survival and 1.2.4-R1.0 on Creative)

All our plugins have also been updated to support 1.2.5. This leaves us with a great foundation for which to update to Minecraft 1.3 when it becomes available.

So I just wanted to let you all know that I am keeping us up to date and as of this post we are running the latest version of everything we possibly can.

P.S. I have reduced the amount of plugins we are using on both servers. We are now using just 40 plugins on Creative down from 50. And we are using 52 Plugins on Survival down from 60. You won't notice much if any loss in functionality as the plugins I removed either had their features already baked in to newer versions of other plugins or were no longer used by our community (such as Magic Carpet on Creative).

Thanks for reading!

Return to “Minecraft General Discussion”