Lots of BSOD errors

Post your computer builds here and ask for hardware assistance, buying advice or anything hardware related for computers, smart phones, tablets or other electrical devices.
IceDevice
Supporter
Supporter
CPU: AMD FX 8120
RAM: 8GB of some shit brand
Motherboard: Some shitty gigabyte board
GPU: Zotac GTX 970
Display: 24" Samsung thing
Cooling: Air

Lots of BSOD errors

Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:54 pm

I can't so much as get to the minidump folder without getting errors, like KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED, KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE, and most commonly I think SYSTEM_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED. I could try to get minidump files but I dont know what I'd do with them. All and any help appreciated a lot. CACHE_MANAGER is a new one that appeared as I type this.
The only difference between dicking around and science...
is writing it down.
Pri
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Lots of BSOD errors

Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:23 pm

Sounds like a hardware failure. You'll need to test the parts in the computer individually to find the cause or take it to a shop and have them do it for you.
IceDevice
Supporter
Supporter
CPU: AMD FX 8120
RAM: 8GB of some shit brand
Motherboard: Some shitty gigabyte board
GPU: Zotac GTX 970
Display: 24" Samsung thing
Cooling: Air

Re: Lots of BSOD errors

Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:01 pm

Pri wrote:Sounds like a hardware failure. You'll need to test the parts in the computer individually to find the cause or take it to a shop and have them do it for you.
I think it's something with either my RAM or harddrive. It seems to be working fine now, only seems that way. I got the properties screen of 'My Computer' saying I had 0MB dedicated to a drive or something, and the recommended amount was like 4063MB so I set it to that. If I keep getting problems I'll take it to a nearby shop. Thanks.
The only difference between dicking around and science...
is writing it down.

Return to “Hardware Hangout”