A place to download and discuss the latest WinMX software by Pri

Moderator: DrGirlfriendMD

Pri
Site Admin
Site Admin

Proxy Blocker by Pri

Sun Nov 08, 2009 7:50 am

Proxy.Blocker.by.Pri.xml
Proxy Blocker by Pri v1.7.1 (18th of July 2015)
(70.07 KiB) Downloaded 453 times
Like this script? Check out some of my other awesome scripts!

New Feature in v1.5+
  • Automatic self-updating
    To use this new feature all you need is to download wget from here simply unpack the wget folder and place it in to your plugins folder with the rest of your scripts. This script and all future scripts from me will then use wget to automatically update themselves. If you don't want to use this feature you can simply choose not to install wget and the script will still notify you of new versions how it always has in the past.
License:
  • You may host this script as is.
  • You may alter the script however you want, but if you propagate your modified version I'd like you to share it publicly :) - If you don't that's cool too.
Setup Difficulty: Easy
  • You must place the file in your Metis Plugins folder & edit your mxc.xml to add the line <include file="Proxy.Blocker.by.Pri.xml"/>
  • Make sure you place the Proxy Blocker in your mxc.xml at the top above all other scripts
How do I upgrade from an old version?
  • Simply replace the old file with the new one from the top of this post, then restart your bot. Alternatively if you don't want to restart your bot you can enter /mxc load in your bots main chat window, this will make it reload all your plugins without restarting.
Requirements: Features:
  • Can download future updates of itself when it detects wget in your plugins folder New! - v1.5+
  • Multi-bot support, run an unlimited amount of Proxy Blockers from the same computer New! - v1.7+
  • Can create its own Folders and Files for its database automatically
  • Kicks and Bans users who enter your room using Proxy Servers and announces it to Admins via Opmsg
  • Local Whitelist File Support
  • Standard Open API for blocking proxies (Does not need to download lists of IP's to block)
  • Caching system for the "Live Proxy Blocker" to lower bandwidth usage for repeated queries
  • Can lockdown your room in the event that a large targeted spam attack utilising proxies is detected New! - v1.4+
  • Crowd Sourced Bans: Proxy Server bans are now shared among all rooms running the Proxy Blocker *
  • Allows you to manually check if any IP you know is a Proxy Server using the !proxy <IP> command
  • Can exile verified (aka not using a Proxy) users on entry from your room to another room **
  • Can login verified (aka not using a Proxy) users on entry to your room *** New! - v1.5+
* Crowd Sourced bans are shared amongst rooms running this script in a secure way using an authentication server that verifies all bans being placed by the Proxy Blocker are actual Proxy Servers before forwarding them to any rooms.

** To use this feature edit the file called C:\Pri.Script.Dependencies\Proxy.Blocker\.exile.room.ini and place the room name in the file that you want users to be exiled to when they are verified as not being proxy users.

*** To use this feature edit the file called C:\Pri.Script.Dependencies\Proxy.Blocker\.forcelogin.password.ini and place the password in this file for your most basic user login that gives this user the ability to talk

Commands Included:
  • !Download - Forcibly check for new crowd-sourced bans to be added to your in-room server banlist and local Proxy Blocker Cache
  • !ProxyPardon [IP Address] - Pardon an IP Address from being detected as a Proxy Server in your Room New! - v1.5.1
  • !Proxy [IP Address] - Check if an IP Address is a known Proxy Server or not
  • !Proxy Verbose On/Off - Turn on or off the new Verbose feature (Off by default) New! - v1.4
  • !Proxy Status - Check the status of the Proxy Blocker and its API's (Off by default)
  • !ProxyLockdown On/Off - Turn on or off the new lockdown feature (Off by default)
Troubleshooting:
  • Question: I keep getting this error "unknown operator type readweb will default to +" what does it mean?
  • Answer: It means you have an older version of Metis installed. Please download version v2.83 of Metis
  • ---
  • Question: I keep getting this message "</b>" what does it mean?
  • Answer: It means you have an older version of Metis installed. Please download version v2.83 of Metis
  • ---
  • Question: When I type !Download nothing happens
  • Answer: Make sure your bot is logged in correctly and that you added the the Proxy.Blocker.by.Pri.xml file to your MXC.xml
Need to Know Stuff:
  • As above it requires version 2.82 of Metis. If you do not use 2.82 (Or a better version than 2.82) Then this script will not work at all, specifically it will not be able to verify proxies at all and your room will be completely unprotected.
  • Block Proxies in Peerblock or PFSense!
    • PM me on the forums requesting the URL's for this, it's free just please specify the roomname or website you're protecting.
  • I am happy to offer you 1 to 1 support in your room with this script if you need it, you can find me in the Renegades room on MX
Developer API:
  • If you'd like to use my Proxy Blocker API but don't want to use my script you are free to bake the API in to your own software. You can use it for WinMX or anything else you want to use it for.
  • View this post for API documentation: http://www.mxpulse.com/board/viewtopic.php?p=3685#p3685 (Outdated)
Thanks Testers:
  • Raven (RIP) from "MXMadness"
  • Wavparty (RIP) from "LATENight Movies"
  • fireblade from "5 Star Quality Movies"
  • Shakey from "Angels Movie House"
  • Alice from "The Garden"
  • Rty from "Help 4 your PC & Movies n Beer"
  • Niko from "Help 4 your PC"
  • Taffy from "Taffys Room"
  • Jackaroo from "Aussie Chillout"
  • Knot4Prophet from "A ROOM FOR APOSTASY"
  • Admac (RIP) from "T-RexMX"
  • Cal from "KRUSTY's WESTERN SALOON"
  • + others that I may have forgot!
Changelog:
  • 18th of July 2015: Fixes a bug with recurring update notifications
  • 15th of July 2015: Multi-Bot support, improved database format, improved installation routine
  • 4th of July 2015: General code improvements, support for improved pre-emptive API
  • 30th of August 2014: Bugfix with the !proxy command where it thought every IP tested was not a proxy
  • 20th of April 2014: Bugfix with the update notifications which could cause repeat messages and downloads
  • 17th of April 2014: Uses new Proxy API v2, 2x faster query speed, API now gives signed responses, verbose mode added, separate analytical queries removed
  • 1st of September 2013: Added a new command: !ProxyPardon [IP] which allows you (Logged in @ Admins) to "pardon" or "whitelist" IP's so they aren't detected as Proxy Servers.
  • 6th of April 2013: Added automatic self-updating, ability to forcelogin users after they enter the room, API reporting improvements.
  • 26th of May 2012: Added support for all future Metis releases without needing to upgrade the script in the future
  • 11th of March 2012: Added support for the latest version of the winmxunlimited proxy blocking API, Added new informational messages to the !proxy and !download commands
  • 6th of December 2011: Added new "Lockdown" mode and added remote deactivation systems for many script functions in the event we need to turn it off temporarily.
  • 9th of October 2011: Added requirement for 2.82 of Metis due to Metis bug causing Proxy Checks to fail 99% of the time, Corrected the !Proxy command failure
  • 28th of June 2011: Added new !Proxy command, Added ability for script to exile users to another room of your choosing if they are not a proxy, increased Crowd Sourcing query frequency for more effective pre-emptive protection.
  • 16th of May 2011: Brand new Proxy Blocker, completely re-written with many new features including crowd sourced banning, real-time TOR blocking, increased speed and accuracy, reliability improvements, full support for the new Metis v2.81
Having trouble understanding what exactly a Proxy is? Click Here

Past Releases:
Proxy.Blocker.by.Pri.xml
Proxy Blocker by Pri v1.7 (15th of July 2015)
(69.73 KiB) Downloaded 350 times
Proxy.Blocker.by.Pri.xml
Proxy Blocker by Pri v1.6.4 (4th of July 2015)
(58.04 KiB) Downloaded 336 times
Proxy.Blocker.by.Pri.xml
Proxy Blocker by Pri v1.6.3 (30th of August 2014)
(56.64 KiB) Downloaded 501 times
Proxy.Blocker.by.Pri.xml
Proxy Blocker by Pri v1.6.2 (20th of April 2014)
(56.54 KiB) Downloaded 418 times
Proxy.Blocker.by.Pri.xml
Proxy Blocker by Pri v1.6.1 (17th of April 2014)
(56.48 KiB) Downloaded 391 times
Proxy.Blocker.by.Pri.xml
Proxy Blocker by Pri v1.5.1 (1st of September 2013)
(57.83 KiB) Downloaded 496 times
Proxy.Blocker.by.Pri.xml
Proxy Blocker by Pri v1.5 (6th of April 2013)
(54.17 KiB) Downloaded 495 times
Proxy.Blocker.by.Pri.xml
Proxy Blocker by Pri v1.4.2 (28th of May 2012)
(49.47 KiB) Downloaded 555 times
Proxy.Blocker.by.Pri.xml
Proxy Blocker by Pri v1.4.1 (11th of March 2012)
(49.02 KiB) Downloaded 505 times
Proxy.Blocker.by.Pri.xml
Proxy Blocker by Pri v1.4 (6th of December 2011)
(48.23 KiB) Downloaded 511 times
Proxy.Blocker.by.Pri.xml
Proxy Blocker by Pri v1.3 (9th of October 2011)
(34.51 KiB) Downloaded 546 times
Proxy.Blocker.by.Pri.xml
Proxy Blocker by Pri v1.2b (28th of June 2011)
(35.14 KiB) Downloaded 601 times
Proxy.Blocker.by.Pri.xml
Proxy Blocker by Pri v1.1b (16th of May 2011)
(25.13 KiB) Downloaded 595 times
Proxy.Blocker.by.Pri.xml
Proxy Blocker by Pri v1.0.8b (14th of December 2010)
(47.06 KiB) Downloaded 596 times
Proxy.Blocker.by.Pri.xml
Proxy Blocker by Pri v1.0.7b (14th of November 2010)
(45.13 KiB) Downloaded 585 times
Proxy.Blocker.by.Pri.xml
Proxy Blocker by Pri v1.0.6b (17th July 2010)
(42.26 KiB) Downloaded 591 times
Pri
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Proxy Blocker by Pri

Fri May 13, 2011 10:38 am

I just thought I'd post an update to this thread to keep everyone updated on what is going on with the Proxy Blocker.

The last release was almost 6 months ago and with the recent attacks the proxy spammers have become a lot better and the script has become less and less effective. It's still better than not running anything but it's not doing a good job like it once was.

Which is why I'm pleased to say that I've made a brand new version of the Proxy Blocker and it really is completely new. This is the first complete re-write of the script. Past versions have been more or less alterations to the original code, adding features and fixing issues but this is a brand new version written from scratch. I learned quite a lot making the original Proxy Blocker and that gained knowledge goes straight in to this release. As some of you may be aware past versions of the Proxy Blocker added Analytical data reporting of the proxies that enter your room and this has enabled me to gain a lot of insight in to how the spamming is being performed which has been valuable in making this new version.

Here are the main features of the new version:

1. No more spam in opmsg - You put the script in and forget about it.
2. No more huge lists of IPs to download.
3. Designed to be as fast as possible.
4. Lower system requirements. Now even slow/old computers can block Proxies effectively.
5. Low bandwidth requirements even dialup hosters can use this version without issue
6. Crowd Sourced Bans. If a proxy is banned in another room using the software it will automatically be banned in your room too for 24 hours (This is done in a secure manner using an authentication server to verify proxies before forwarding bans to other rooms)

So all these changes have been made to make it fast more accurate and better protect users. The way it functions now means that the more users that use the proxy blocker the better protected everyone will become (through the crowd sourcing feature). And as it now uses a central server to determine proxies we can make detections more and more accurate without you needing to update your script. We can also Cache detections on both the client and server side for even faster results.

If anyone would like to be involved in the testing please don't hesitate to contact me in the Renegades room on WinMX. The script fully supports WCS, RSWCS, and FXServe so if you're running any of these get in touch with me. The more testers there are the faster I can release :)
Pri
Site Admin
Site Admin

Mon May 16, 2011 1:53 am

The new proxy blocker has now been posted :)

I hope everyone enjoys it and it will keep your room safe from proxies.
?Alice

Mon May 16, 2011 9:37 pm

Thanks again Pri. Appreciated as always
Pri
Site Admin
Site Admin

Tue May 17, 2011 3:48 am

You're welcome :)
?Alice

Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:27 am

Again, really cool & ty Pri. Wondering though, how i could make the response to the !proxy check,, come up in opmsg rather than in the room to all?
Pri
Site Admin
Site Admin

Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:53 pm

okay if you open the xml file and look down right at the end of the !proxy command part you'll see two output lines. They are right at the end. Simply add /opmsg in to the front of those lines and save it then reload.

So basically find these two lines:

Code: Select all

<out condition="==" lvalue="%USERVAR[Proxy_Server_API_Result]%" rvalue="0">#c4#Proxy Blocker #c63#(#c62#v1.2b#c63#): #c62#%PARAM%#c63#: #c4#This IP is believed not to be a Proxy Server.</out>

<out condition="!=" lvalue="%USERVAR[Proxy_Server_API_Result]%" rvalue="0">#c4#Proxy Blocker #c63#(#c62#v1.2b#c63#): #c62#%PARAM%#c63#: #c8#Known Proxy Server #c63#(#c62#%USERVAR[Proxy_UI_Result]%#c63#)</out>
And change them to this:

Code: Select all

<out condition="==" lvalue="%USERVAR[Proxy_Server_API_Result]%" rvalue="0">/opmsg #c4#Proxy Blocker #c63#(#c62#v1.2b#c63#): #c62#%PARAM%#c63#: #c4#This IP is believed not to be a Proxy Server.</out>

<out condition="!=" lvalue="%USERVAR[Proxy_Server_API_Result]%" rvalue="0">/opmsg #c4#Proxy Blocker #c63#(#c62#v1.2b#c63#): #c62#%PARAM%#c63#: #c8#Known Proxy Server #c63#(#c62#%USERVAR[Proxy_UI_Result]%#c63#)</out>
The reason I left it open to all is because I figured if someone was typing !proxy <IP> in public (as I can't hide that) I figured might as-well make the response public too.
?Alice

Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:30 pm

Lol true. Response may as well be public. Thanks again.
Pri
Site Admin
Site Admin

Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:20 pm

You're welcome :)
Pri
Site Admin
Site Admin

Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:00 am

This is just an update because I wanted to give you all an idea of how the Proxy Blocker is evolving.

Many people on WinMX would have you believe that the Proxy Blocker is not effective. That it doesn't block proxies and that it is stagnant. But this isn't so. The Proxy Blocker is very accurate and it is always evolving.

Many versions ago I added a feature called Live Proxy Blocking which allowed me to send "definitions" to the software which it would use to determine if an IP was a Proxy or Not. This enabled me to push updates to detect literally thousands of new proxy servers at any time without the software already knowing the IP's it would block. It also meant you didn't need to update the script and that over time it kept getting more and more accurate.

Since then I've switched the Proxy Blocker to use an online API which can perform checks much faster and across a much larger dataset. Where as the old proxy blocker on modest hardware may take 2 seconds to verify an IP across 30 sites, the new API approach is able to verify an IP in less than 1 second across 100+ sites. It can also perform better checks that were simply not possible within Metis.

The new API enables much better results, it allows me to research IP's that are not detected but are suspicious and figure out the sites that the proxy user who used them got the IP's from. And it has more security meaning it is harder for an attacker to exploit the API to get someone banned when they shouldn't be. (btw if you believe you've been blocked incorrectly contact me, we do operate an API based whitelist and will unblock you).

So when someone says "Yeah that Proxy Blocker doesn't work, last week I got in a room using a Proxy!" you should say to them, well what about today? - Because every week I'm adding more and more sites that list Proxy Servers to the API.

In-fact yesterday I added 5 new sites, today I added 8 new sites. And the old sites are still online and active they haven't shut down. Thus the amount of proxies the API is able to detect keeps growing. We are now at the point where testing one IP (that is a proxy) can have 3-4 or even 5 websites listing it and we have them all. If any site isn't on our list we add it.

At the moment I'm blocking TOR 100% - I have that completely blocked. All exit nodes all the time, I don't care about relays and the way I've done it is once a user stops operating as a TOR Exit Node they are removed from our block so this also doesn't impact people who may want to operate a node to help democracy but then deactivate their node when they just want to surf the web. With TOR blocked completely I'm focusing now on sites that offer other types of Proxies. HTTP, SOCKS 4/5 and also private sites.

In the future I'm intending to launch a new plugin and API which will detect servers. It wont kick them like the Proxy Blocker does but it will make your Admins aware that someone is renting or using a private server in your room and they aren't a normal home user. I don't have an ETA on this service and software but when I do I'll let you know.

I hope this post was insightful.

Return to “Scripts & WinMX Related Software”