A place to download and discuss the latest WinMX software by Pri

Moderator: DrGirlfriendMD

Pri
Site Admin
Site Admin

[Abandoned] Wikipedia by Pri

Sat May 01, 2010 6:44 pm

Wikipedia.by.Pri.xml
Wikipedia by Pri v0.5a (2nd August 2010)
(17.02 KiB) Downloaded 525 times
As of the 20th of October 2012 this script no longer works and will not receive any new updates to make it work again. If you want to fix this script to work with Wikipedia's new API you are more than welcome to do so.

Like this script? Check out some of my other awesome scripts!

License:
  • You may host this script as is.
  • You may alter the script however you want, but if you propagate your modified version I'd like you to share it publicly :) - If you don't that's cool too.
Setup Difficulty: Easy
  • You must place the file in your Metis Plugins folder & edit your mxc.xml to add the line <include file="Wikipedia.by.Pri.xml"/>
How do I upgrade from an old version?
  • Simply replace the old file with the new one from the top of this post, then restart your bot. Alternatively if you don't want to restart your bot you can enter /mxc load in your bots main chat window, this will make it reload all your plugins without restarting.
Requirements: Features:
  • Script can query Wikipedia directly itself
  • Can create its own Folders and Files for storage of previously queried data
  • Can automatically notify you of new versions of the script
  • Enables you to set output of the script to Private (Only those who use command see results)
  • Supports Ouka, FXServer, WCS, RCS, RSWCS and ZCS out of the box
  • Includes a Usergroup for you to lock the commands to only users you trust
Troubleshooting:
  • Question: I keep getting this error "unknown operator type readweb will default to +" what does it mean?
  • Answer: It means you have an older version of Metis installed. Please download version 2.8 of Metis from the top of this page.
  • ---
  • Question: I keep getting this message "</b>" what does it mean?
  • Answer: It means you have an older version of Metis installed. Please download version 2.8 of Metis from the top of this page.
  • ---
  • Question: Sometimes when I search for something it says 'This may refer to:' and nothing else
  • Answer: This is due to Wikipedia having many different pages that could be the page your looking for. The script was not designed with Multiple Pages in mind (Just me being lazy :P) which is why this happens. Don't expect an updated version with Multi-page support any time soon though.
Commands Included:
  • !Wiki [Query] - Lookup information about something from Wikipedia
  • !PublicWiki - Set the result output to the entire room
  • !PrivateWiki - Set the result output to only users who perform the query
  • !SetWikiColour [Number] - Set the menu colours to something other than the default Green (#c4#) to better fit your room
Need to Know Stuff:
  • As above it requires version 2.8 of Metis. If you do not use 2.8 (Or a better version than 2.8) Then this script will not work at all.
  • I am happy to offer you 1 to 1 support in your room with this script if you need it, you can find me in the Renegades room on MX
Changelog:
  • 30th of July 2010: Moved " and & off Server and in to the Code through suggestion by Richy
  • 19th of July 2010: Fixed a bug where !PrivateIMDB failed to detect WCS 1.8.8 due to a bug in the server
  • 30th of April 2010: Added Colour Theming
  • 30th of April 2010: Added !PublicWiki and !PrivateWiki support
  • 1st of May 2010: First release 0.1a
Thanks Testers:
  • Wavparty from LATENight Movies (Tested Script)
Past Release:
[attachment=1]Wikipedia.by.Pri.xml[/attachment]
[attachment=2]Wikipedia.by.Pri.xml[/attachment]
[attachment=3]Wikipedia.by.Pri.xml[/attachment]
[attachment=4]Wikipedia.by.Pri.xml[/attachment]
Attachments
Wikipedia.by.Pri.xml
Wikipedia by Pri v0.4a (30th July 2010)
(17.05 KiB) Downloaded 425 times
Wikipedia.by.Pri.xml
Wikipedia by Pri v0.3a (19th July 2010)
(17.45 KiB) Downloaded 451 times
Wikipedia.by.Pri.xml
Wikipedia by Pri v0.2a (15th May 2010)
(16.47 KiB) Downloaded 468 times
Wikipedia.by.Pri.xml
Wikipedia by Pri v0.1a (1st of May 2010)
(14.03 KiB) Downloaded 463 times
?Alice

Re: Wikipedia by Pri

Fri May 14, 2010 10:39 am

Thank you. This is a very handy script and seems to be working just fine 8-)
chops

Sat May 15, 2010 3:57 am

of course it does Pri don't release it till its tested and up to his standers
?Alice

Sun May 16, 2010 7:52 am

Not for one minute implying that he did... let me rephrase... 'works with minimal effort' i.e. user friendly - for people that need that kinda thing, like myself :roll:
Pri
Site Admin
Site Admin

Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:22 am

I just wanted to elaborate on why there has been a new version to fix what has been said in the update as a 'WCS v1.8.8' bug.

In this version of the server it for some reason does not report itself as 1.8.8 to RoboMX. This may be because the string is to long. In any event, this didn't come up in my testing as I tested with WCS 1.8.3 which is correctly detected. The other day a user of my Urban Dictionary script (which isn't released as of this post but will be soon!) was unable to get the !PrivateUrban command to work correctly and after some diagnosing we found it also affected IMDB and Wiki as they all use the same technique to detect the server version.

So this update performs a more rigorous search for WCS in the event that no server has been detected and it will find all past and future WCS versions 100%

Return to “Scripts & WinMX Related Software”