Ascii Output by Pri (Abandonware, use Asciidex instead)

A place to download and discuss the latest WinMX software by Pri

Moderator: DrGirlfriendMD

Pri
Site Admin
Site Admin

Ascii Output by Pri (Abandonware, use Asciidex instead)

Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:02 am

Ascii.Output.xml
(7.49 KiB) Downloaded 603 times

A new version of this script called 'Asciidex' is now available from the following page: http://www.mxpulse.com/board/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=243

-----------
What it Does:
It is a script to list Art you have currently available and enables the Users of your room to pick art to display.

Why was it Made?:
I've thought about making this for a while because I know a lot of rooms that have Ascii Art and write each art file in to their bot line by line which creates bloat and can make Metis unstable as a result. This stops all that by making it much easier and each time you make a new piece of art you no longer need to reload Metis before you can display it.

Installation:
You must add the file attached to this post to your Metis/Plugins folder. You must then open your MXC.xml and add the line <include file="Ascii.Output.xml"/> you must then reload your bot.

You also need to edit the xml file to set it up to target your Ascii folder (where you store all your art) you need to then create a file called index.of.ascii.ini inside that Ascii folder and put the filenames of all your art in it line by line. This isn't a requirement to use this script but it is 50% of the functionality (Enabling users to view what Art you have to be displayed).

PLEASE READ THE SCRIPT FILE BEFORE YOU BEGIN USING IT. YOU MUST EDIT IT OTHERWISE IT IS USELESS.

Please be aware I've not tested this script myself, I simply wrote it and it has not been loaded in to a version of Metis, there may be bugs. Recommended Metis Version for this Script: 2.70 Test 6, 2.80 or later

v0.2 and v0.3 released the first version contained a bug that wouldnt let images with .ini from being displayed in-room and it didn't have threading and a counter was wrong

Return to “Scripts & WinMX Related Software”