CPU: A potato
RAM: Potato Chips
Motherboard: Mashed Potatoes
GPU: Baked Potato
Display: Hash Brown
Cooling: Potato Juice

TimoCraft's Crypto Challenge #1

Sat Aug 27, 2016 8:35 am

Welcome to my first cryptography challenge!

This is a challenge to anyone who is interested in partaking. The first person to post the answer will receive 2,500R on the server! Since this is the first one it will be extremely easy, as I do more of these the challenge will increase and the rewards will scale accordingly!

This encrypted text uses two ciphers, both very well known and easy to decrypt, as this is the first challenge. Your job is to decrypt it and post the completely decrypted text in the thread below. If somehow this is still unsolved after a week I will post the answer and the method used to decrypt it. Good luck!

Encrypted text: UGFzc3BocmFzZTpQcmkgIk5mYydrdiBlZGUgYnd2IG54aWFpIHR6bmdiZC10cHBjdHRlb3QhIFR3Y3h6cGthISIK

Neptunia,
Il castello di Nettuno
SabriTheFox

Re: TimoCraft's Crypto Challenge #1

Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:21 am

yo dude
monkli
Apprentice
Apprentice

Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:28 am

Decrypted :>
http://rumkin.com/tools/cipher/
Used
Base64 to do the first one: Passphrase:Pri "Nfc'kv ede bwv nxiai tzngbd-tppctteot! Twcxzpka!"

Now I knew there was a passphrase, I looked through the descriptions of all the decrypters
Vigenere said this: A special cipher somewhat based on the Caesarian shift, but you change the value of N with each letter and it is all based on a passphrase. A pretty strong cipher for beginners, and one that can be done on paper easily.

With the hint of Passphrase, I clicked on that and entered the code "Nfc'kv ede bwv nxiai tzngbd-tppctteot! Twcxzpka!" and put Pri as the passphrase.

The result was,
"You've won the first crypto-challenge! Congrats!"

Give me the money Timo :>
TimoCraft
Engineer
Engineer
CPU: A potato
RAM: Potato Chips
Motherboard: Mashed Potatoes
GPU: Baked Potato
Display: Hash Brown
Cooling: Potato Juice

Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:30 am

Lol, good work. Next time I think imma start accepting answers after 24 hours so that everyone has a chance to see it xD this was mostly a test drive, I'll pay you when I see ya

Neptunia,
Il castello di Nettuno

Return to “General Discussion”