Renegades Stock "How To" the newbie guide to stocks.

Discuss anything you want about WinMX & the Renegades chat room here
Rav~24

Renegades Stock "How To" the newbie guide to stocks.

Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:38 am

You have come to the right place, your here and you asking yourself. What is renegades stocks? how do i invest, how to do sell and trade?. How do i work the system of the new stock system we have available in the renegades chat room. Today i will show you, and teach you all about the new features we have incorporated into the chat room. This will be a great learning experience for many. So lets get started.

The stocks system in the room is just like the stock market in real life. the stocks in the room are in real time. Meaning you sell,buy,trade in real time. Just like the real stock market. You can be a long term investor, or a short term investor, or what i call an active trader investor.

Long term investor - Is a person who invest money into a stock and lets there money grow over a long period of time "depending on of course the stock market". Could be months to years of investing.

Short term investor - Is a person who invests money into stock and lets there money grow over a short period of time "depending on of course the stock market". Usually a person who invests in week to few month increments.

Active trader - A person who trades stocks by the min, or hour. Most active traders will buy and sell in the same day, hoping to make quick money on there invested stocks.

THE BASICS

Your renegades account will be used to invest your points you've earned via welcoming people back, adding movies, tv shows etc.

So with the example below this is your renegades account "My account for example"

The reward points are used to transfer over to your investment account "AS SEEN BELOW"

To invest points you have from your renegades account "/invest 15 "

As seen above the more amount you invest in your investment account you earn 0.2 intrest on the total amount you have invested in 24 hours.

Now that you have learned how to invest, lets see your renegades bank account "NOTE SEPARATE FROM RENEGADES USER ACCOUNT".

Above you see your bank, you can invest, transfer, withdraw, your money. "Note you are charged 5% on any investment you withdraw".
This is your where you will be able to monitor your Bank account.

Transfer points command "/Transfer <Account Name> <Ammount> 1-100

The Stocks

Now that you know your bank, i will show you how to view stocks you may be interested in.

This is apple stock

This is the command "!stock aapl"

This is Google Stock

This is the command "!stock goog"

renegades points are valued by the dollar. so 1 point is equal to 1 dollar. "EXAMPLE" the google stock above is at 612.34 a stock. that is per stock.

Say you want to buy Goggle stock you would need 612 points to buy 1 stock of google.

Selling Stock

Selling stock is very easy, but you need to know when to sell the stock at the right time. Of course that is up to you the user. "there are many people in the room that will help you if you need it"

In the example i will show, i have bought 2 shares of Microsoft. stock name "MSFT"

The buy command for stocks "/buy MSFT 40"

I've bought 2 shares of MS at 27 points or 27 usd per share. that is a total of 54 points. Now you can view your stocks by the command !stock msft, or of course the internet "PLEASE NOTE AGAIN STOCKS ARE DONE IN REAL TIME IN THE ROOM. JUST LIKE YOU WOULD SEE ON GOOGLE STOCKS WEBSITE. OR ON TV. ETC".

of course you wait and hope that your stocks raise in shares. say MS shares are now 28. ive gained 2 points because i have bought 2 shares at 27 per share so i gain 2.

Now to the selling

The command for selling "/sell MSFT 2"

Now that i bought 2 shares of MS, now its time to sell and hope i gained profit "FOR THIS EXAMPLE I DID NOT GAIN BUT TO SHOW CONCEPT"

To view the stocks you have, or have traded use the !stocks command

Over all, you do need some knowledge of the stock market, and minor things. what are shares, how much per shares. when to buy and sell. but of course its all just a gamble and luck. in the real world people win and lose money. stocks are very serious. but in renegades its all fun and games. i hope i have helped you with the stock feature we have provided to the community.

Thanks
Pri
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Renegades Stock "How To" the newbie guide to stocks.

Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:41 am

Only admins can see this Rav so I'm moving it to the general renegades section :D
Tchmstr
Master Crafter
Master Crafter
CPU: Intel Pentium G4400 @ 3.3 GHz
RAM: G.SKILL 16GB DDR4 @ 2133 MHz
Motherboard: ASRock H170M Pro4
GPU: EVGA GTX 960 4GB SC @ 1279 MHz
Display: Sceptre X240T-1920
Cooling: Air Cooling w/ Stock Fans...

Re: Renegades Stock "How To" the newbie guide to stocks.

Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:27 pm

iFail... lol
Image Image

Return to “General Discussion”