Auctions!

A place to make your plugin suggestions
HomelessTuthPik

Auctions!

Thu Jul 28, 2016 12:02 am

My last survival server used this plugin, and it pretty much eliminated the problems they had with inflation. I've noticed things on sale for extremely low prices, despite them being very expensive materials/items.

As any experienced video game player knows, no game is fun unless there's a challenge. The low prices absolutely eliminate the survival challenge of the game.

SO, that being said, I believe that adding this plugin would greatly improve the already great server you have now. it'd keep new players around longer, instead of just benefiting the older players.

Heres a link:
https://www.spigotmc.org/resources/auctions.571/
Pri
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Auctions!

Thu Jul 28, 2016 12:09 am

You do realise that we have our own auction system right? Far superior to that system. At https://auctions.renmx.com and in-game using /search

Why would we take all that out that we spent like years working on to replace it with this plugin that does the same thing but worse? - Also I want to add our auction system doesn't only offer buy only sales, it can do real auctions with bidding. Just players don't want to bid they just like set prices which is why 99.9% of all our listings are buy only listings.
HomelessTuthPik

Thu Jul 28, 2016 12:20 am

I COMPLETELY understand that. However,
this plugin supports enchanted items and
Ive seen things like diamond armor going for sale for 10r. That's quite cheap.
Having things for sale 24/7 has people fighting for the best prices, and causes the inflation. Money would be much more valuable if it was used to it's full potential.
Just because you've worked on something for years doesnt mean theres not something better or more worthit.
Pri
Site Admin
Site Admin

Thu Jul 28, 2016 12:34 am

To be honest, the functionality of that auction system would not work for our community. Our size is too small to have items listed and then quickly disappear. There would be almost no sales.

The way we've structured our auction system is more like ebay. Buy it now and bidding where things stay listed for 1 to 30 days.

Also I really take umbridge with this "Just because you've worked on something for years doesnt mean theres not something better or more worthit."

Our auction system is loads better than that one. We have a web interface that lets people browse and it works really well. Our in-game /search system is also excellent and our broadcast system. That plugin you're suggesting is really complicated, has no WebUI and although the one feature it has over ours is enchanted item sales it's something we're planning to add in the future.

Our system also allows players to sell their cards. Something we would not be able to do on this other auction system so we'd have to disable card selling.

If I was to take one feature from that plugin you've suggested and put it in ours it would be to broadcast items for sale more readily in chat so that they have more exposure. Also if you've not checked the homepage we just expanded our /search system into boutique shops at spawn which will also drive more sales.

Finally I think you're confused about inflation vs deflation. When things sell for R1-2 that's deflation. Our money is worth so much that just R1 can buy you armor. If we had rapid inflation the armor would be R1200 pricing it outside the scope of new players and many of our existing players would have millions of rennies.

If you want inflation and higher prices then I would just go about dropping R20,000 on players for voting or something like that. Our issue isn't money going out of the economy, we have people spending upwards of 500K rennies a month. It's that our economy is very balanced that the prices aren't spiralling out of control etc
jackerdelta
Legendary Crafter
Legendary Crafter

Sun Jul 31, 2016 6:42 pm

HomelessTuthPik wrote: SO, that being said, I believe that adding this plugin would greatly improve the already great server you have now. it'd keep new players around longer, instead of just benefiting the older players.
I'd think new players would benefit from the low prices, and older players would benefit from the money they gain. As a result of low prices, new players can gather the resources they need to become established quicker. I've been on the server for years, and only in the past several years have I started getting very involved in auctions, and I'm not the first nor will I be the last. All the time I'm selling resources to new players who one day might out price me.

And as Pri pointed out earlier, the economy is very balanced. As someone who sells a lot of listings, I am still able to make large amounts of money (even though each individual listing is priced cheaply). The fun of auctions is finding a way to make items the cheapest possible and to out price/compete your enemies. I've spent years working with iNook to develop farms and methods which allow me to efficiently, and effectively, gather the underlying resources that players use from a day-to-day basis. As a reward for doing so I've been able to make over 300,000R in the time that /amail has been implemented, and acquire over 1,000,000R from doing various things across the server.

Anyways, this is just my two cents.

Legendary Crafter 2016, Epic Crafter 2015-2016, City Planner 2013-2015, Architect 2012-2013, Apprentice 2011-2012

Return to “Plugin Suggestions”