'Trusted' Custom Towny Rank

A place to make your plugin suggestions
thistlebristled
Artist
Artist

'Trusted' Custom Towny Rank

Thu Jun 04, 2015 11:06 am

After a brand new resident griefed and stole from the town, I'm looking for a custom Towny rank to prevent this. The 'Trusted' rank would have build, destroy, and unlocked chest privileges outside their plot, but still be subject to tax. Is this doable?
Pri
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: 'Trusted' Custom Towny Rank

Thu Jun 04, 2015 11:46 am

I do not know. I'd recommend you go to the Towny IRC and ask the developers and then report back what they say here :)
thistlebristled
Artist
Artist

Thu Jun 04, 2015 11:50 am

The Towny helpfile says that the Server Admin can go into the townyperms.yml to create custom ranks.
thistlebristled
Artist
Artist

Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:47 pm

Here's an example of someone setting up custom ranks:
http://skyeblu.enjin.com/forum/m/168884 ... figuration
Pri
Site Admin
Site Admin

Fri Jun 05, 2015 3:13 am

I've looked in to it and I am unable to find any permission nodes related to restricting residents ability to build/destroy outside of plots.

So what I'm saying is, I cannot remove the ability for residents of towns to build/destroy. Without this, I cannot make an "untrusted" users group to then be able to give them back those abilities with a "trusted" group.

The only things I can toggle build wise are related to plots.
Daloria
Legendary Crafter
Legendary Crafter

Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:20 am

Pri wrote:I've looked in to it and I am unable to find any permission nodes related to restricting residents ability to build/destroy outside of plots.

So what I'm saying is, I cannot remove the ability for residents of towns to build/destroy. Without this, I cannot make an "untrusted" users group to then be able to give them back those abilities with a "trusted" group.

The only things I can toggle build wise are related to plots.
From what I've seen of towns they start out with the town perms allowing residents & allies to break everywhere. The mayor can turn that off with "/town set perms off" and that will make it so residents can only break inside their own plot. There are a bunch of different individual perms that mayor can give for towns/plots eg. switch/destroy/itemuse, But that would be down to what the mayor needed town members to be able to do.
Pri
Site Admin
Site Admin

Fri Jun 05, 2015 1:39 pm

Thank you Daloria, looks like you've solved Thistles situation :D
thistlebristled
Artist
Artist

Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:54 pm

I asked the maker of Towny for the specific issue I was looking for, and I got this:

In the townyperms.yml you'd make a new trusted rank, in teh same area as the existing VIP rank.
Then you'd give that rank the towny.claimed.townowned.* node, this will permit the trusted rank to use all town-owned land, but not plots personally owned by other members.

Would you mind doing this?
Pri
Site Admin
Site Admin

Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:38 pm

Isn't this how it already is? If you don't own a plot, you cannot modify it, that's like the whole point of town plots.

Also I read the same thread on townys subreddit, the thread made by you ;)
thistlebristled
Artist
Artist

Mon Jun 08, 2015 10:59 pm

The difference is in wanting to distinguish people. The people of Cirsium work pretty well together, and thus we have had pretty open permissions for residents. Last week, we accepted someone into the town who just proceeded to loot every unlocked chest in town. If we had this permission level, I could prevent them from opening anything outside of their plot until we knew they were trustworthy, then apply the Trusted rank.

Return to “Plugin Suggestions”