Revamped Champ Hall - July 2016 Submissions

Once a month you can apply to become a Champion in one of the available fields of interest. You can also vote on who you believe should be a Champion in their nominated fields!
Daloria
Legendary Crafter
Legendary Crafter

Revamped Champ Hall - July 2016 Submissions

Fri Jul 01, 2016 12:23 pm

So because we like to keep you on your toes and make sure things are a bit more interesting around here we decided that Champ hall need to go on a diet and trim down a bit... But then it ended up so trim that we just scrapped the titles and made EIGHT new ones.

Yes this is a BIG difference from before but this will bring the champ hall back to what it truly is meant to be... a Challenge!

So without further ado, Here are the new champ titles and a little bit more about each one!

- Best Redstone Contraption -
Exactly as it says in the title! Submissions can be made on any of our servers.

- Best Pixel Art -
Again.. Exactly as the title says! Submissions can be made on any of our servers.

- Best Farm -
This title can be for ANY type of farm eg. Food farm, Mob farms etc. Just remember to stick to the rules regarding mob spawners! This MUST be built on survival.

- Best Town -
The requirements for this title are based around town layout and setup, Design and build aesthetic. If there are submissions that are similar in these aspects then we will look at how the town is ran/members etc. This MUST be a towny town to be eligible so must be made in survival. This title will NOT be decided by player vote.

- Best World Above Ground Build -
Eligible submissions must be an above ground build in survival only.

- Best World Underground Build -
Eligible submissions must be an underground build in survival only.

- Best Nether Build -
Eligible submissions must be made in the nether in survival only.

- Best End Build - NOT AVAILABLE TILL 1.9+
Eligible submissions must built in the end in survival only.

So there you have it!

Champ hall opens today and the last day for submission is the 15th July. Voting will take place from 17th to the 29th. Results will be posted on the 30th.

ALL current champs will lose their champ cards/titles on the 29th.
wannsa
Legendary Crafter
Legendary Crafter

Re: Revamped Champ Hall - July 2016 Submissions

Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:09 pm

ok I'll start with my mob farm
wannsa
Best Farm - Mob Farm
screenshots http://imgur.com/a/hCQBs
This is a spherical mob farm with 4 spawners inside. A creeper, witch, blaze, and zombie pigman. It has hoppers and chests below it to catch all the goodies that fall, and there is alot of goodies. With this farm set up I receive sticks for tools and weapons, gold nuggets for building blocks, rotten flesh for villager trading. well you get the picture. There's alot of items from here I use to keep working in minecraft. It's the center of the Temple of the Chicken.
The story goes the people found this magical sphere that allows creatures to spawn in from another world. They built the Temple of the Chicken around it to protect the surrounding village from the horrors that appear.
BioZombieActive
Artist
Artist

Sat Jul 02, 2016 12:00 am

In-game name: BioZombieActive
Title applying for: Best Pixel Art
Here are all the ones I have done: Image
If you don't want a sarcastic answer, don't ask a stupid question.
Immature: A word boring people use to describe fun people.
Next sob story: rip their throat out and shove a turd down the hole.
(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧
Zapperzz99
Engineer
Engineer
CPU: AMD FX-8320
RAM: Vengeance 8gb
Motherboard: MSI 970A-G46
GPU: GTX 760 Windforce
Display: Asus 21.5 & Asus 24"

Sat Jul 02, 2016 3:27 am

I like the new changes and it fits in with the new champ cards and general champion buff that Pri made not too long ago :) There used to be so many titles that almost every active player who uses the forums could have one. It was more a matter of building something to fit the title that was free, than to build something that's better than all the others!

I'll submit my calculator for best redstone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHoSQ8OWeX8
Girvvy
Staff
Staff

Wed Jul 06, 2016 11:48 pm

In-Game Name: Girvvy
Applying for: Best Farm (Mob Farm)
Screenshots: http://imgur.com/a/9vEPl
I started my Guardian Farm to try and challenge myself to not only build a functional farm, but also make it as aesthetically pleasing as possible. I chose a Sea Temple as my location to build as I have never built in an Ocean biome before, and I received a lot of building inspiration from the Prismarine/Sea Lantern blocks. My farm consists of 4 spawning chambers, each containing a Guardian Spawner. Due to the location of the farm, it works with the spawners loaded and without, so it is highly effective. The Guardians die from a 43 block fall, in which then the items are collected via hoppers and put into chests, where I can then manually sort them and craft blocks.
freakboy31
Supporter
Supporter
CPU: i7-7700HQ
RAM: 16GB
Motherboard: -
GPU: GTX 1050Ti 4GB
Display: -
Cooling: -

Thu Jul 14, 2016 3:08 pm

I nominate

Username: rebel_gold
Title: Best Pixel Art
Description: I nominated him because he applied this art piece for Epic Crafter before but it was overlooked so I would like to give him some spotlight for what he had done. It's called Cave Story collections.

I'm SUPPORTER and was the first Asian and youngest staff member at age 13.
freakboy31
Epic Crafter since Nov 2013 / Server moderator from Jun. 2012 - Oct. 2017

Populus Magnus nation
TimoCraft
Engineer
Engineer
CPU: A potato
RAM: Potato Chips
Motherboard: Mashed Potatoes
GPU: Baked Potato
Display: Hash Brown
Cooling: Potato Juice

Thu Jul 14, 2016 3:57 pm

I think I'll submit my Modular Programmable Image Display for Best Redstone. It was a pretty unique idea that I had a while back and I went for it since no one else had yet, and that's still the case. It has an item recognition system that reads the item you throw into it, then displays it on screen. I don't have many items in the system, but that is only due to the lag it would create, as the machine is infinitely expandable without any loss of efficiency. The redstone is as compact as I could make it, no loss of space for wires or really any air blocks inside of the build at all. It also has a built in overflow and incorrect item protection, so if you want to try to break it by throwing a ton of stuff in, or the wrong items, you aren't going to get very far. It is at /warp timo in the end if you would like to try it.

Screenshots: http://imgur.com/a/47Rhc

Neptunia,
Il castello di Nettuno
Tomoki
Epic Crafter
Epic Crafter
CPU: ME Network
RAM: 64k ME Storage Component
Motherboard: Me Controller {3x3}
GPU: Engineering Processor
Display: ME Crafting Terminal {Orange}
Cooling: Gelid Cryotheum

Thu Jul 14, 2016 9:54 pm

literally a quote of my last submission, which was not a valid title at the time lol
Tomoki wrote:In-game name: Babyluigi333
Title applying for: Best Farm
The 60x60 All-Natural Guardian spawner includes 59 hopper-minecart collectors with integrated redstone control, 3304 minecart tracks, 60 hoppers, and a Craftbook Piping & Sorting/Storage System. It gens prismarine, prismarine crystals, fish, and ink.

No spawners were used in the making of this grinder; however many thousands of thousands of guardian mobs were ruthlessly splatted to death.
........theres a squatch in these woods...
Tomoki
Epic Crafter
Epic Crafter
CPU: ME Network
RAM: 64k ME Storage Component
Motherboard: Me Controller {3x3}
GPU: Engineering Processor
Display: ME Crafting Terminal {Orange}
Cooling: Gelid Cryotheum

Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:21 pm

In-game name: Babyluigi333
Title applying for: Best World Above Ground Build
my [the completed ones] ongoing machinations

ignore the wood thing in the corner there... lol'
........theres a squatch in these woods...
wannsa
Legendary Crafter
Legendary Crafter

Fri Jul 15, 2016 4:20 am

- Best World Above Ground Build -
wannsa
here is my build for best above ground build
http://imgur.com/a/yH7Dr
http://imgur.com/a/GgAOq
http://imgur.com/a/oARWz

Return to “Champion Hall Application Forum”