Town Style and Location Contest

All server events / contests will be announced in this sub-forum
Mae
Architect
Architect

Town Style and Location Contest

Sun Jun 08, 2014 2:48 am

Mae here, thought I'd open up my town a bit to the ideas of you lovely folks! I have tried it all, from varying location to ridiculous style ideas. I'm not finding an idea that suits me. So, to regain some motivation, I've decided to host a two piece contest.
The first stage is to comment in this thread what you would like to see me build (style) and where you would like to see it built at (location). The second is that the ideas here that seem like they could be compatible with me, roughly the top 5 let's say, will be posted into a vote by all other players. The winning idea will obviously be put into effect and the winner will be paid 1000R and various amounts of valuable ores/blocks. Now, let's get some rules shall we:

1. NO video game builds. The town will not be built after Mario, Halo, or anything of the sort unless preapproved to submit the idea. PM me in game or private message here, but do not clog the thread with these requests.

2. You cannot submit the same idea as another! Be original or it won't be considered.

3. IF you beyond a shadow of a doubt love the idea another has submitted, make comment and it will have a higher chance of making it into the top 5.

4. There are no limits on location. I am willing to create an environment if one does not exist. Anything from skycap to bedrock is fair game.

5. NO excessively large scaled builds. IE: Don't ask me to build Amaranthos. I don't build on large scale. Lots of medium scale buildings are more comfort zone.

6. NO co submitting ideas. If someone submits it first, they get the credit. You can vote for it later if it makes it into top 5.

7. I will accept ideas from books, TV, and movies. Nothing is too far reaching, give it a shot. I just might love it :)

8. No builds that are currently quite popular or overused. IE: If you like the idea of another medieval town, USE a specific time in history/movie/etc for originality.

Now I'm sure I probably missed a few things. If you are unclear on a rule, ask before submission. If I'm not here, then sure, why not, submit it anyway. I want detail in your ideas. Comments without detail will be disregarded and removed from the contest. This portion will end Wednesday, June 11th, evening (here in the States) about 8PM MST. The voting will open Thursday(12th of June) morning roughly 6 AM MST if all goes well, and will stay open until 8PM Saturday, June 14th. In this respect, let the idea submissions begin!
"To be both wild and intelligent at the same time is the mark of practiced genuis." ~Anguis

Mae
Architect
Architect

Re: Town Style and Location Contest

Sun Jun 08, 2014 4:27 pm

UPDATE:
I think there may be some confusion going on about this contest. To clarify, I am wanting YOUR ideas on how I should build MY town. As most of you know StarryHeart has no buildings, just claimed land. I need YOUR ideas on what to build, and I'll pay for the best one!

Also, lets add in a new name to go with the idea you submit. STYLE, LOCATION, and NAME CHANGE!
"To be both wild and intelligent at the same time is the mark of practiced genuis." ~Anguis

Pri
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sun Jun 08, 2014 4:34 pm

I think a town built within a circular border would be neat. Like they are the last surviving humans in a zombie torn world. It would just be a bunch of small buildings and lots of open areas to grow food since they can't go outside the walls where all the zombies are.

As for the name of this town, I dunno New Earth? or something like that. Biome, I guess open land with grass.
RamboNol
Legendary Crafter
Legendary Crafter

Sun Jun 08, 2014 4:40 pm

Make it like a native american village with cloth and wood themed houses. It could be themed as the colonial times since you have the Pocahontas (however its spelled) thing going on. You could have multiple wooden stakes or something as a wall around it and could have cornfields etc. Name it something like Croaton, Secotan, or some native sounding name. It could be in a plains biome but near lots of forest of course!
INSERT COOL SIGNATURE
rebelgold
Artist
Artist

Sun Jun 08, 2014 5:36 pm

Make a utopia in an icy land where tall skyscaper-type buildings are made of stone and there is more ice than snow everywhere. name it something like ijsburg, the original dutch word for iceberg

0% of people who cannot read music will understand this
25-50% of people who can read music will understand this
Stephanie
Legendary Crafter
Legendary Crafter
CPU: C2E 9300 2.53 @ 3.06
RAM: 4GB @ 1333MHz
Motherboard: NVIDIA 730i
GPU: GTX 280M SLI
Display: 17" 1920x1200

Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:26 pm

A few town theme's that I have never seen done on RenMX and I think would be extremely Amazing but they might be a tad bit hard are:

1. Fairy Forest

Kinda like a Fairy/Enchanted Woods idea. With lots of playful mystical looking builds.

2. Sky Kingdom:

New Aged (Futuristic) Build.

3. Holiday Themed Town:

Any holiday really, Halloween , Xmass, or all of them combined.

4. Some foreign place like India or Russia Maybe Paris. Would all be really cool themes and they have really distinctive Buildings that people would recognize without being told what the theme was.

5. Having like 4-6 themes and breaking them all up into Districts. Like I'll use my holiday idea. Have Each District a Different Holiday :D
freakboy31
Supporter
Supporter
CPU: i7-7700HQ
RAM: 16GB
Motherboard: -
GPU: GTX 1050Ti 4GB
Display: -
Cooling: -

Tue Jun 10, 2014 5:41 am

Names: Magnolia, Meadowhill, Tempest

Style: Residents houses tent-roof and country style architecture. Plants around them are mushrooms, trees and the more abundant, flowers. Large buildings resemble surreal castles (one thing is clock tower with the clock itself encompasses half of the tower.), anything no builders have done it yet. In this style, farms are abundant nearby rivers and hills.

http://centersky.com/graphix/large/lot25/Exterior1.jpg
http://www.augustman.com/sites/default/ ... 580006.jpg
http://media.midwayusa.com/productimage ... 423984.jpg

Location: best place for this kind is town surrounding by some hills, forests and a river.

Biome: grass with a mix of mushroom and podzol.
I'm SUPPORTER and was the first Asian and youngest staff member at age 13.
freakboy31
Epic Crafter since Nov 2013 / Server moderator from Jun. 2012 - Oct. 2017

Populus Magnus nation
RamboNol
Legendary Crafter
Legendary Crafter

Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:11 am

Another Idea could be an ancient greek city kind of. Multiple layers of walls to show the different classes of residents within the town for the land they earn. For example the very outer layer could be close town homes and apartments, etc. The next could be 1 plot houses made by player or you make (your choice, Mae). The third could be 2 or 4 plot homes with the center being your home/town hall. Outside the walls could have a market area and farms. The theme again, would be ancient greek stuff and you could place statues of things like a Hydra around it, along with other popular ancient greek things. It could be built in the plains with a complete wall or built into a mountain.

My next Idea isn't really an idea (as its similar to steph's) but I'd like to put it out there. You could build heavenly structures that are kind of the opposite of what my build is. It could be like to polar opposite areas. You could terraform the land around it to look a heavenly and could use lots of quartz, glowstone, stone brick, etc. It could be built pretty much anywhere but I would again recommend mountains or plains.
INSERT COOL SIGNATURE
Mae
Architect
Architect

WINNER HAS BEEN ANNOUNCED

Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:24 am

Yes, I decided to call the contest early because I literally only had 5 people submit ideas into a TOP 5 contest. I typed them in a random order into a randomizer (idea courtesy of Iam) and told everyone to pick a number. Nol and Steph replied, both of whom are in the contest, and so I took the answer of Iam, who did not enter. She chose 3. And the lucky winner is NOL, with his Heavenly idea! Grats Nol, visit me in game to get your prizes! Thanks for all the ideas, all of them were great!!
Attachments
TownContestIdea.jpg
TownContestIdea.jpg (133.16 KiB) Viewed 1198 times

freakboy31
Supporter
Supporter
CPU: i7-7700HQ
RAM: 16GB
Motherboard: -
GPU: GTX 1050Ti 4GB
Display: -
Cooling: -

Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:52 am

grats Nol_Rambo, better luck next time Rambo_Nol :P
I'm SUPPORTER and was the first Asian and youngest staff member at age 13.
freakboy31
Epic Crafter since Nov 2013 / Server moderator from Jun. 2012 - Oct. 2017

Populus Magnus nation

Return to “Minecraft Events”