Panoramixia Apprentice Application

Make an application here to receive a higher rank such as Apprentice, Architect, Engineer, Artist, Director or City Planner
Panoramixia
Epic Crafter
Epic Crafter

Panoramixia Apprentice Application

Sat Nov 05, 2016 11:27 pm

The Rank I'm applying for is: Apprentice (or Architect if you find it good enough ;) )
My Game Name is: Panoramixia
My Project is called: 8 Skeleton Spawner
To get to my project: In Survival = -8044, 60, 20020 (underground, using craftbook) and in Creative -10481, 185, 10500 (up in the air, vanilla minecraft only)
A brief description of my project: The most efficient and lag friendly 8 Skeleton Spawner I could come up with!
  • Standing on the middle pressure plate on the control floor turn off all lamps, so skeletons can start spawning (lag friendly, as they never spawn when not standing on pressure plate)
  • It has the max available space to spawn for each spawner (9x9x6 area)
  • Get rid of them the fastest possible (down under the 6 vertical)
  • Carpet in the separation, so other mobs do not spawn inside
  • Kill them with magma, to collect their loot (there will not be hundreds of them, as they are killed quickly)
  • Pressure plate on magma light up corresponding lamp on control floor, so we can easily know it is working
  • item collection is done with craftbook ranged collector (mc1214) instead of hopper minecart (lag friendlier I think)
Things to improve:
  • I do not know why, but sometimes items are not picked up by ranged collectors (moving the collector around seemed to improve)
  • transfer items from collection chest to control platform using craftbook pipes
  • would it be better to use craftbook wireless transmitter (mc1110) and receivers (mc1111) to light up corresponding lamp on control floor?
  • maybe be able to modify it with a switch so it can also be used for xp
Three mandatory screenshots:
10 pictures album on imgur

If you have any idea to improve the efficiency, or have any other comment, I would like to hear them :)

Pano
Panoramixia
Epic Crafter
Epic Crafter

Re: Panoramixia Apprentice Application

Sun Nov 06, 2016 6:40 pm

Edit of the original post: I was able to upload the pictures on imgur ! :)

And I am in the process of prettyfying the room with bone blocks ;)
Pri
Site Admin
Site Admin

Mon Nov 07, 2016 8:59 pm

I've looked at the photos and also checked the build out in-game.

I like it a lot, especially the pressure plate activator. It's a clever and clean design for a mob farm.

Uniqueness: 6/10 - It's another mob farm, they're all fairly similar but this gets a few extra points for some unique aspects.
Beauty: 3/10 - It's more utilitarian than beautiful.
Execution: 8/10 - I'd say it's built quite well, not perfect but close!
Scale: 6/10 - As mob farms go this is on the larger side so I've given it a high scale mark.

Total: 23 / 40, you only need 15 points for Apprentice and you've easily surpassed that. Congratulations :)
Panoramixia
Epic Crafter
Epic Crafter

Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:05 am

Thanks ! :)
I am really happy :D
Unrelated to the evaluation grade, do you have any improvement suggestion (either efficiency, beauty or use of the craftbook, etc.) ?
I completed today walls surrounding it..
Pri
Site Admin
Site Admin

Tue Nov 08, 2016 5:54 pm

I don't think you could make this specific mob farm much prettier. Due to it needing to be enclosed in darkness to function it limits how beautiful it can be, it's always going to be very utilitarian.

My advice would be to build something new for Architect, like a structure something like a home to live in etc

Return to “Minecraft Rank Application Forum”