Monkli's Architect Attempt - Take 2.

Make an application here to receive a higher rank such as Apprentice, Architect, Engineer, Artist, Director or City Planner
monkli
Apprentice
Apprentice

Monkli's Architect Attempt - Take 2.

Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:28 am

It has been over a week for sure now since I applied, maybe even a month. So I have started playing again, and carried on building :) ...

Here is my build:

The rank i'm applying for is: Architect
My Game name is: monkli
My project is called: A portal to Asia
To get to my project: /town spawn MonkliTown - the whole thing starts in the cave at the back. (Not through the portal, it's as if you've just walked through it.)
A brief description of my project: You walk out of the portal and into the Overworld, in a lost place. You come out of a cave into a mix of two continents - Europe and asia. There is a giant Asian temple yet also a European farm and windmill.
Some screenshots:

MIENCRAFT4.png
MIENCRAFT4.png (283.1 KiB) Viewed 3715 times
MIENCRAFT2.png
MIENCRAFT2.png (456.54 KiB) Viewed 3715 times
MIENCRAFT3.png
MIENCRAFT3.png (418.94 KiB) Viewed 3715 times
MIENCRAFT1.png
MIENCRAFT1.png (483.11 KiB) Viewed 3715 times
If I do not get Architect, please leave comments on how I could improve this :)

NOTE: DO NOT MARK ME ON THE TOP HALF OF THE WINDMILL - E.G THE FAN - THE IDEA WAS MINE BUT SABRI MADE THE FAN AND THE INSIDE IS HIS. DOWNSTAIRS (BASEMENT) IS MINE.
Girvvy
Staff
Staff

Re: Monkli's Architect Attempt - Take 2.

Sun Oct 23, 2016 11:39 am

Uniqueness: 5
Execution: 4
Beauty: 5
Scale: 7

This gives you a total of 21, which isn't enough for Architect.

First off, I'd like to point out that a lot of what is in your town wasn't built by you. The only parts I could find using logblock which shows you built it is the big temple and some of the area under the windmill. Secondly, the temple is coming along nicely and I like the decoration work you have done around the outside however the build generally still feels unfinished. There are chests covering the entrance to the temple and most importantly, the majority of the inside of the temple is empty, it's just a big empty box. In terms of improvements I'd like to see you perhaps build some rooms inside with different functions. I think whats also lacking is the amount of structure underneath the temple, where it's just floating on water. Perhaps you could continue the build downwards or add some support struts to "hold it up" or something like that, the choice is yours :)

I look forward to seeing some of the improvements and expansions that you make :)

- Girvvy

Return to “Minecraft Rank Application Forum”