Zapperzz99 Engineer Application

Make an application here to receive a higher rank such as Apprentice, Architect, Engineer, Artist, Director or City Planner
Zapperzz99
Engineer
Engineer
CPU: AMD FX-8320
RAM: Vengeance 8gb
Motherboard: MSI 970A-G46
GPU: GTX 760 Windforce
Display: Asus 21.5 & Asus 24"

Zapperzz99 Engineer Application

Sun Jun 12, 2016 4:56 pm

The Rank I'm applying for is: Engineer
My Game Name is: Zapperzz99
My Project is called: Calculator
To get to my project: /warp Zap (feel free to try it out!!)
A brief description of my project: It is a calculator with 10 digits that can add numbers together. It does not use binary and works similarly to an adding machine.
Three mandatory screenshots: https://youtu.be/UHoSQ8OWeX8

Some other stuff:
I started this project on February 20th, I can't believe I finally finished it!!
Redstone dust: 8,240
Redstone Torches: 889
Pistons & Sticky Pistons: 263
Repeaters: 893
Droppers: 175
Slime Block: 1,002
Redstone Block: 496
Redstone lamps: 1,240
Hopper: 438
Comparators: 182
Powered rails: 63
TheLenore
Staff
Staff

Re: Zapperzz99 Engineer Application

Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:28 pm

Wow, this is amazing ^^ I'm sure you'll get it
Pri
Site Admin
Site Admin

Mon Jun 13, 2016 12:02 pm

I've tried it in-game. It works excellent. So here is the score:

Uniqueness: 7/10
Ambition: 7/10
Execution: 9/10
Scale: 7/10

Total: 30.

I'd like to go over why I've given it the score I have. Uniqueness, we've had many calculators built on the server. Some that could do other operations than just addition though none quite as nice as this with the digital readout. So you lost some points due to making a calculator but you gained some for making it better than the other calculators due to the display.

Ambition: As above, we've had calculators before that did multiplication, subtraction and division along with addition. so I think you could be more ambitious here by adding other operators, not that it takes away from what you've got as it's still very impressive but of course it could be more feature complete.

Execution: I've given it a 9 out of 10 because it works great, it's easy to use. I feel it is well made. If it had the other three operators to make it a perfectly usable calculator for 99% of tasks I would give it 10/10 here.

Scale: It's not giant but it's not small either, I feel 7/10 is an accurate sizing for the calculator as it is now. I'm sure you can increase the score by adding more operators later on and then get Epic Crafter for this.

Congratulations :)
Zapperzz99
Engineer
Engineer
CPU: AMD FX-8320
RAM: Vengeance 8gb
Motherboard: MSI 970A-G46
GPU: GTX 760 Windforce
Display: Asus 21.5 & Asus 24"

Wed Jun 15, 2016 3:48 pm

Woohoo!!! Thank you for the honest and constructive ratings! I'm so happy right now :P this has been a dream of mine for so long. I'll definitely work on what you said :) Also I didn't know it was possible to get EC with redstone, was that a mistake?
EmberCelica
Engineer
Engineer
CPU: i7 6700k
RAM: 16GB DDR4
Motherboard: [Unknown]
GPU: AMD RX480
Cooling: Fan Cooling

Thu Jun 16, 2016 5:22 am

Not really, you can get any rank including LC with redstone to my knowledge, it just has to be quite an impressive construct in addition to looking aesthetically pleasing from the outside. Like a good user interface that is attractive, in addition to a case, a neat redstone wiring could help to (organized and color coded possibly) but not sure how big a factor this plays.
Basically make it look pretty on the outside while keeping functionality and capability.
Image Im the engineer of engineers.
Check out my redstone info thread

Return to “Minecraft Rank Application Forum”