Lord_Hyperion's Architect Application.

Make an application here to receive a higher rank such as Apprentice, Architect, Engineer, Artist, Director or City Planner
Moderocky
Apprentice
Apprentice
Motherboard: Buttered toast
Display: A lightbulb and cloth
Cooling: My fishtank

Lord_Hyperion's Architect Application.

Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:17 pm

Now that I've finally finished my tavern, I thought I'd put it to good use!

The Rank I'm applying for is: Architect. I'd go for CP but that looks a bit advanced for a 'green-horn' like myself. :)

My Game Name is: Lord_Hyperion

My Project is called: The Rose and Crowne (Named after my local pub!)

To get to my project: /town spawn TDB, and then head down towards the sea. There's a map in one of the pictures in case you get lost. :?

A brief description of my project: It's a vaguely tudor-style old English public house or tavern, like the kind you'd've found in a victorian-era Brighton. I was originally going for the pirate tavern from the 2005 LEGO Heroes DS game which I used to play, but I forgot what it looked like so I thought I'd branch out a bit. I'm known for making hotels on survival servers as a way to make money rather than selling things, it's a rather successful niche.
It's built perfectly, as part of the hotel is inside the town boundaries for visiting members of the Dark Brotherhood (the mc forums clan I joined) but some of the rooms are outside it for new players to rent or people wanting a place to stay. It's fully equipped with an end portal, enchanting table and every room has proper facilities.

This also includes a large underground smelting area that I decorated, and am using to produce stone bricks and iron for my next project. There's a farm on the front and it's built right next to the town docks (NOT MINE!) for accessibility. There's a food shop inside and a lighthouse next to the sorting house building.

Three mandatory screenshots: http://imgur.com/a/Tqzfk Have the whole album! :)

Many thanks,
Rocky :)
blackeyeddog
Master Crafter
Master Crafter

Re: Lord_Hyperion's Architect Application.

Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:53 pm

Uniqueness: 5
Beauty: 5
Execution: 7
Scale: 6
Total: 23 You need 30 to get architect.

This is however enough for apprentice.

These types of builds have been done time and time again and after years of seeing these it just becomes so over done and losses the uniqueness to the builds. This is also a very small build for architect and would need to be tripled at least. You need something that makes you stand out these days or it is just gonna be the same old same old.

You can reapply in 7 days gl

Apprentice - January 25th 2014
Architect - Febuary 22nd 2014
City Planner - December 21st 2014
Moderator - January 9th 2015
City Planner - May 25th 2016
Moderator - April 11th 2017
wesleyearl123
Architect
Architect

Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:30 pm

I really like your build Lord, however to improve this (in my opinion) would be to use blocks instead of farm fences (both sheep and wheat), you could put x amount of blocks up, and then put the fences ontop of them. (X being a variable of 2-4), and (also in my opinion) the house is the big main star in your island, so maybe you could create x more amount of houses (X also being 2-4), and I hope that only bumps your score up, good luck Lord :>
Owner of McTidgeys
Zapperzz99
Engineer
Engineer
CPU: AMD FX-8320
RAM: Vengeance 8gb
Motherboard: MSI 970A-G46
GPU: GTX 760 Windforce
Display: Asus 21.5 & Asus 24"

Tue Apr 19, 2016 3:40 pm

This build is beautiful and has potential! Good luck in your future applications :) My advise would be to work on the uniqueness and scale factors. Adding a second unique building to this build would increase both factors by a lot.
Moderocky
Apprentice
Apprentice
Motherboard: Buttered toast
Display: A lightbulb and cloth
Cooling: My fishtank

Tue Apr 19, 2016 5:46 pm

Thanks wes and zap for the advice, I'll work on those, I'll try and ask Green for more building space but I'm pretty limited to be honest, I might have to find me a new island.

I'll keep working. :) (When do I get the apprentice rank in game?)
Pri
Site Admin
Site Admin

Tue Apr 19, 2016 6:01 pm

Rank applied.

Return to “Minecraft Rank Application Forum”