Ban Appeal (zachary71)

Post your support requests here including sightings of grief and unban requests
zachary71

Ban Appeal (zachary71)

Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:55 pm

I have spread about the equivalent of a wildfire across Pri's build. (I know, not the greatest idea I've ever had.) I know this is griefing, and I definitely know why I was banned. Your server is totally anti-grief. I am here to request a repeal of the ban. I was horribly angry about dying with diamonds in my hand (stupid lava...) and I took out the anger of losing my first diamonds in a totally childlike and inappropriate way. If Pri could forgive me, and maybe undo the ban, I would be very grateful.

Hoping to hear favorably, zachary71.
Pri
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Ban Appeal (zachary71)

Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:18 am

It wasn't my area it was Brainfrieds. Image: http://i.imgur.com/XBaiq.png

Your ban will be staying. I'm sure you'll find somewhere else to play however.
zachary71

Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:54 am

That's alright, I thought you might appreciate a sincere apology, but alas, I bid this server farewell. Goodbye Pri.

But before I leave, may I ask, what do you use for judgement between who you ban or unban?
Pri
Site Admin
Site Admin

Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:45 am

Depends what the person did and their motivation. You died on the server (which you chose to play on as Survival, we have non-survival servers) and then in your rage decided to set fire to some random persons house for no reason at all.

If however you had come across someone's build and you stole a few blocks from it to build something and we banned you and you said hey I'm sorry that I did that then you're more likely to get unbanned on an appeal as you stole to build something and didn't just want to destroy other peoples creations for entertainment.

Also I'm just really sick of griefers at this point. We've been banning an average of 2 griefers per day since December and I'm just losing my patience with people that feel it's ok to come on and wreck other peoples stuff. Especially on Survival where it takes so long to build anything.

The people that come on our server are giving us their entertainment hours. These are a precious finite resource to some of these people who have to juggle school / course work and jobs / family, I owe it to them that the time they invest in building stuff on our servers (and Survival especially) is not wasted and that I properly protect what they make from griefers.

I hope that on your next server you'll think about this.
Db696
CPU: i7 3770 3.9 ghz
RAM: G.Skill 12gb 1333
Motherboard: ASUS P8b75-V
GPU: EVGA GTX 780
Display: Samsung 1920 x 1080
Cooling: Air - Standard

Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:05 am

Wow, Pri i cannot tell you how what you just said vastly improved my day.
zachary71

Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:00 pm

[Woops, posted it twice. Sorry.]
Last edited by zachary71 on Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zachary71

Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:00 pm

I am truly sorry for what I did; I want you to know that. I was really enjoying your server and didn't plan on griefing it otherwise. Actually, I tried to put out the fire after I did it, and Ive heard numerous times on your server that fire didnt do anything. I ended up dying whilst putting it out, and didnt go back, in hopes that it would go out on it's own. I really hoped that you would lessen the length of the ban from life to a couple weeks, or something as such. Would you be able to consider that?
Pri
Site Admin
Site Admin

Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:51 pm

I'll remove your ban on the 6th of February. But any more grief after that it'll be permanent.
Pri
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:54 am

Your ban has been removed today (a day early!)

Return to “Minecraft Player Support”