Post your support requests here including sightings of grief and unban requests
Betterthancoffee

Ban Appeal ;-;

Mon May 23, 2016 12:31 am

Name: Naomi
Betterthancoffee

Reason for being banned:
Breaking something

Appeal Statement: Helloo, so i've never been banned before on any server and suddenly I was banned on this one. I'm going to be ranting a little now. First off I had no clear understanding why I was banned if you're gonna ban someone please say the reason why they were banned instead of saying "The ban hammer has spoken!" Cmon, you're gonna say that honestly it made me salty because you also didn't say if it was a perm ban. You should be a little more clear with your bans instead of saying something silly and irrelevant. Secondly everyone deserves a warning before a ban. When I broke glass it was an instant kick and a ban not a warning, an explanation just nothing, it also seems to me that multiple players have been banned for this same reason. I do want to get unbanned don't get me wrong, I read the rules and looked at other stuff to try figure stuff out. Im a nice friendly player and to get banned for griefing?? I never meant to do it. I don't even know why it was a big deal it was pretty much bait, a block of diamond in the middle of nowhere of corse I wanted to try and take it. I didn't know this was considered griefing. It was one block, i accidently destroyed my friends wall before that is what i call griefing, but in any case I just think that you need to be more clear with your banning reasons, and maybe state something because not every player is going to read the rules, sorry but its true and honestly breaking that glass was nothing and pretty silly for to get banned, but I hope you don't get offended reading this it's just my thought. <3
blackeyeddog
Master Crafter
Master Crafter

Re: Ban Appeal ;-;

Mon May 23, 2016 5:15 am

We know that not everyone will read the rules hence why we have these tempting blocks called "honeypots" These are to attract any new players who are potential griefers. I.E. YOU. We do not take nicely to griefing on this server. We ban a lot of people for breaking other players blocks. Even breaking one block is ban worthy. You would however know this if you had read the rules when you joined.We don't give warnings to people that grief because we quite honestly don't want them on our server. And yes, they are exactly what you said, They are bait. We have caught 100's of players like you that think its O.K to break things other people have built and think they can get away with it. With the attitude you have towards the rules i don't think this is the server for you. The ban hammer is an automatic ban if you were banned by a member of staff then it would have a clear reason and who you griefed. until you can show me you understand and actually apologies for what you have done rather then telling us how to run a server which has been handling these exact ban appeals every week for a few years now I won't be unbanning you.

Ban Appeal denied.

Apprentice - January 25th 2014
Architect - Febuary 22nd 2014
City Planner - December 21st 2014
Moderator - January 9th 2015
City Planner - May 25th 2016
Moderator - April 11th 2017
Pri
Site Admin
Site Admin

Mon May 23, 2016 8:16 pm

I apologize that the reason you received was "the ban hammer has spoken". We use a plugin that bans players automatically when they break "honeypots" which are blocks in the game we specifically put out in fair view to entice griefers so that they will break the rules and get banned before they destroy player builds.

I know that this ban reason is unacceptable but the plugin doesn't give us the ability to change the ban reason. When you're banned by a member of staff you will always be given a descriptive reason for the ban.

I must say though, you have disregarded our rules. You're told twice in the spawn sewer not to grief then a 3rd time when you leave spawn using /warp travel or /biome. You're also told twice to view the full rules on our website which again re-iterate not to grief.

So although I'm sorry you've had a non-descriptive ban reason I believe the ban was justified. If players grief honeypots they will grief player structures eventually. You can be unbanned if you read the rules and agree to follow them, you may reply to this post, but until then the ban will stay in place.
Betterthancoffee

Thu May 26, 2016 8:21 pm

suree :))
Pri
Site Admin
Site Admin

Fri May 27, 2016 6:17 am

Okay I accept your "sure" as meaning you've read and agreed to our rules so I have lifted your ban. Please do not grief anything else.

If you need a link to the rules you can find them here: http://rules.renmx.com/

Return to “Minecraft Player Support”