Re downtime today (5th of March 2012)

Discuss anything you want about Minecraft here including our own servers
Pri
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re downtime today (5th of March 2012)

Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:51 am

Today from around 4:10am until 7:20am (UK Time) all our Minecraft servers were down. This was due to ISP issues out of my control. Very sorry for that! - They are getting ready to upgrade the speeds in my area for April and this has caused them to disconnect my service for a few hours the past week or so.

Hopefully this disruption will subside soon. I did contemplate upgrading us to Minecraft 1.2 during the downtime but I still feel it is a bit premature.

Right now we have a 1.2 Test Server up at mc.renmx.com:4 it is running a copy of our Survival map from a few days ago. The reason it is using Survival is because that is now our most popular server and so the most important to get right whenever there is an update.

On the test server we have everything working (Towny, Factions, Warping, Sethome, Chest Protection and so on) the only things that are not working right now are our IRC Plugin, Spout and Backpacks. The Backpacks rely on spout and so should work as soon as Spout works and the IRC developer hopes to have a compatible version out by today.

Once we have the IRC working I'll upgrade us regardless of what is happening with spout so what I recommend is you don't store important things in your backpack for the time being. Just leave trash in there like dirt and stuff. Don't keep Diamonds or anything important in your backpack for the time being.

I hope everyone is looking forward to upgrading to 1.2!
Bieb

Re: Re downtime today (5th of March 2012)

Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:19 am

I really want to bake some cookies.
jehovajones
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Re downtime today (5th of March 2012)

Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:33 pm

Let's all just thank god that Bukkit have officially joined mojang's staff base.
So at least now they will more than likely have early access to releases and can release the bukkit plugins to co-incide with the official release of the next versions.
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet."

Return to “Minecraft General Discussion”