The server and its future

Discuss anything you want about Minecraft here including our own servers
blackeyeddog
Master Crafter
Master Crafter

Re: The server and its future

Mon Oct 01, 2018 2:00 am

I Agree with most of these changes. This has been a big factor in my inactivity on the server in the last few years. The lack of new players and the lack of regular players is an issue.
I think a great way to make things more challenging would be to remove certain rank rewards. Such as removing flight until you are Master Crafter or higher.
There could be a way around needing towns to protect builds such as being able to buy player blocks like other survival servers, which gives you an area where inside is not able to be griefed unless the player who owns the plot allows other players to edit.
I believe that it is too easy, losing items and XP should be a tier thing also, The higher the rank the less percentage of the inventory you lose. Making the ranking more crucial and effective for people who don't like to build giant structures like some of us do.
Another thing is that around spawn is insanely crowded with builds from before I even showed up, maybe removing the first 2 years of builds in that area would mean that leaving the spawn island for new players makes it easier for them to start off on the right foot and would decrease the amount of griefs that happen on a day to day basis of new players collecting resources from those buildings.
Towns that are not active and run out of money should be removed making it a free for all for players to loot and carnage making the caution for not paying taxes a high priority, keeping regular players active to farm to collect money to provide for the town. This also makes it more exciting for players who live off others resources to then loot and fight each other for the best loot in that town, making actually having armor and good weapons a luxury.
I love this server but the one big thing that is making it too easy is the card system. Although amazingly presented and made, the fact you can get 1 diamond a week, 1 diamond block a month and various armors with insanely high enchantments on them once every 6 months is making it so I haven't had to go mining or get XP in years.

Pri and the strong and beautiful staff members who I have known and shared the funniest moments in gaming have done an amazing job throughout the years, keeping the server safe and making the general mood positive, But you're right Pri its time for things to change even if its one step at a time.

Thank you for taking the time to read this, I hope that it was helpful in some way. 😊

Apprentice - January 25th 2014
Architect - Febuary 22nd 2014
City Planner - December 21st 2014
Moderator - January 9th 2015
City Planner - May 25th 2016
Moderator - April 11th 2017
BioZombieActive
Artist
Artist

Mon Oct 01, 2018 2:26 pm

I agree with the perks being a Rank thing, I wouldn'd mind it being tied to MC+ (flight)
If you don't want a sarcastic answer, don't ask a stupid question.
Immature: A word boring people use to describe fun people.
Next sob story: rip their throat out and shove a turd down the hole.
(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧
usws
Architect
Architect

Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:08 pm

I don't mind the pvp being back on by default, i could always set a reminded to turn it off on login.
I can't handle losing items on death but im ok with losing exp, some of us have items that took time to get like champion or panda.
Im happy with towns falling after taxes have run out, i wondered why they wasnt falling.
New players should be told of and how to use the warehouse feature so they can avoid using chests and not have to worry so much about being griefed.
We are all freaks, Freaks of nature™©®
BioZombieActive
Artist
Artist

Sat Oct 06, 2018 2:18 pm

If stuff will be rank based, make it a little tougher to get ranks, remove buying the only rank from admin shop. I do agree with Jack's idea for nerfing eggs and the flight thing where you get it based on voting and daily stuff, but also do like the taxing of flight while using it. So the flight could be both, you get free time but you also get taxed per 5/10/25min or w.e of using it when your free time for it is up.
Panoramixia
Epic Crafter
Epic Crafter

Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:29 pm

Panoramixia wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:22 am
At Minecon 2018 (on September 29th), there will be a panel about Survival Multi Player server, they might have some good advice for us...
I forgot to post the video:
SirPiggleton

Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:49 pm

I think the solutions you have proposed are great and could definitely have a place on the server, as long as players have a way to be safe and it is not hard for newer players to make their way through their first few days on the server.
I am, however, afraid that we may attract a different crowd. RenMX has a very specific audience of players who mainly like to talk, build and create and becoming a more risky server could attract a more aggressive and violent community, though that's rather judgemental I have played on a fair few factions servers and the crowds have never been as caring and kind as the one found on RenMX. I also fear some players will be driven away from playing on the server if they are scared of losing items.

I love this server and I wish it the best of luck in its future.
-Piggle

ps. If it was 1.8 I'd rule the server in pvp :D
Pri
Site Admin
Site Admin

Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:05 pm

After thinking about the servers future a lot over the past month I've decided not to go ahead with any changes right now. I'm too busy with other stuff. I will keep the server online but I'm not planning to work on it. We probably won't be upgrading to 1.13 and will instead keep using the protocol hack.

I know this isn't the resolution many of you wanted but I really have no reason to continue working on the server. It's a good thing that I self-host it because if I was renting a server and paying monthly for it I'd probably have closed it by now. Maybe next year I will invest some time in it but I can't commit to anything right now.
BioZombieActive
Artist
Artist

Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:47 pm

I hope everything is going well. I am sorta happy for changes not happening but was looking forward to some of the changes and updating to 1.13. However, i am not that eager to play on 1.13, it will take as long as needed for both.
jojoboyks

Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:43 am

I guess my post on this, is rather late. I have been working a lot of 16 hour shifts this year and have not had a lot of play time recently. I agree with Panoramixia about some of the unique features this server has to offer and is one of the best reasons I stay and play. I don't care for PVP but within a town it is usually turned off and I can build away so its not that big of a deal, although if pvp is allowed in the wilderness then flight should be turned off in the wilderness. another option I saw on a server i played briefly was PVP at night, and no pvpv or monster slaying at all during the day, you could stand next to and stare down a creeper until the sun went down. When towns fell they became PVP Arenas that had PVP on at all times and the buidls were protected as they were but all chests/ovens became lootable. this gave unique areas to pvp in, this could also be done with some of the larger builds on the map. I worked up to buy my own town so i could build with out worrying about grief. I bought bonus plots through the stock, buy item section so I could expand my city... that is a great option maybe restrict it by rank so that each rank you can only have x amount of bonus plots, I am still the only resident of my town... still doing a lot of work to it...

I think the changes could be made and adjusted too...

I generally find 2-3 servers to play on when i have time, usually one with MCMMO, one with Slime fun, and one thats unique in some way... this has been my unique server for 2ish years now, my original server which had mcmmo has fallen... one of its partner servers which has recently rebooted to up with 1.14 has a modified slimefun variation and a modified mcmmo is up and going, i may just keep playing on the two servers.

there are a lot of different play styles and with the way this server is set, cards, warehouse, storage system... it is definitely geared for builders, on a side note I have not done any of the eggs around spawn yet... I just went and found some place to build and I am happy just building.

Changes or not, player bases are going to change and come and go. As kids grow up and new games are created... as time passes and moods change... There are just to many factors to try and keep up with what is currently popular, stick to the uniqueness, you want to add PVP convert some fallen towns/large builds into PVP arenas for a one of a kind fighting place, maybe even make a monster town and hide various spawners in the town so it is always producing monsters to 'live' in the town for a PvE arena... on the towny list just put PVP or PVE at the end of the fallen towns name... this would keep the griefing down and give a PVP Area... might want to protect the town arena spawn spot so people don't get killed spawning in.
Pri
Site Admin
Site Admin

Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:58 pm

No changes are going to happen. I don't play on it anymore, busy with other things.

Return to “Minecraft General Discussion”