Epic Crafter
Epic Crafter
CPU: Intel Core2
RAM: 4 Gig
Display: An old Sanyo 27" HDTV

Economy Balancing

Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:17 pm

A couple items:

1. Everyone is getting paid less per hour and standard prices have been raised. I don't see how this is can help an economy... won't it just cause people to be more frugal and spend absolutely nothing? That's what I find myself doing.

2. The town upkeep of 50 per day is not coming out of town bank accounts. Is it coming straight out of my personal balance?

Thanks,
--MathPowerland
iNook
CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X
RAM: 2x 16GB TridentZ 3600MHz
Motherboard: ASUS ROG STRIX X570-E
GPU: RTX 3080 Founder's Edition
Display: Dell S2721DGF / AOC I2769VM
Cooling: Corsair H100i Pro

Re: Economy Balancing

Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:47 pm

Long story short, the economy is (as of right now) highly inflated and players with 100k+ rennies are in a spot they can afford pretty much anything. The less money per hour is to reduce the amount of money that is put into the economy, the raised prices are to increase money that is drained from the economy, whilst not ideal it also promotes people buying/selling on auctions.

Secondly, if I recall correctly the town upkeep does come out of your personal balance.
nul
Daigle
Epic Crafter
Epic Crafter

Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:51 pm

So you reduce the amount of money being created, and increase the amount being destroyed. I guess the result is less money in circulation, and the theory is that its value will increase if there's less of it in circulation. We will see...

The important thing about a currency isn't what it's made of, or what it represents. The important thing is who controls the supply.
Pri
Site Admin
Site Admin

Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:09 pm

The town upkeep comes out of the Mayors wallet as we found the town wallet to be buggy and lose all your money. We made this change quite a long time ago. The way it works now is like this.

Town Residents are taxed, money goes into the Mayor. Mayor is taxed for the Town.

For nations it goes Town Resident -> Town Mayor -> Nation Mayor -> Nation Mayor Taxed. So it works the same as before just the Town/Nation banks are no longer used but the money still flows upwards the right way for all the taxes to work the same way.

As for the economy, tbh the server is very quiet now and I don't see us making many changes to it over the next year. I am no longer actively advertising the server or playing on it, I'm busy with other things.
Daigle
Epic Crafter
Epic Crafter

Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:28 am

I often watched the provided map and waited for towns to go dead so I could go and loot them, but it doesn't happen anymore. It was part of what made Towny fun. Now towns are immortal. As long as there's money in the town bank it will effectively last forever. No spoils, no consequences, no responsibility. It's a game,yes, but it is a microcosm of life.

If we're going to let it die, why don't we just accelerate it and lift all these crazy laws? Let us destroy stuff that's not claimed and paid for! Let us go and get what we can get! If you can't afford to pay Towny protection then you can't afford to play here.

COME ON MAN, LETS HAVE SOME FUN!! :mrgreen:
Last edited by Daigle on Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Daigle
Epic Crafter
Epic Crafter

Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:10 am

A small example: the first one I found.

Town: SpicyHills
Mayor: slippenslide
Bank: 22.81
Town Upkeep: 50.0 per day

..and yet the town will live forever. It seems we are getting taxed, but not if there's less than 50r in your wallet. It would be smart to keep all your money in the town bank to avoid the tax.
Pri
Site Admin
Site Admin

Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:06 pm

I have made a post on the homepage Daigle, check it out :)
Panoramixia
Epic Crafter
Epic Crafter

Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:17 am

Daigle wrote:
I often watched the provided map and waited for towns to go dead so I could go and loot them, but it doesn't happen anymore. It was part of what made Towny fun. Now towns are immortal. As long as there's money in the town bank it will effectively last forever. No spoils, no consequences, no responsibility. It's a game,yes, but it is a microcosm of life.
I thought that it was allowed to claim abandoned builds, as long as you completely loot them
https://www.renmx.com/learn/#claim_abandoned_builds
But rereading it, it seems only allowed if the claim is your neighbor.
Maybe that last criteria could be removed ?
TobyNi

Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:33 am

Panoramixia wrote:
Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:17 am
Daigle wrote:
I often made use of these amazing teeth whitening kits and watched the provided map and waited for towns to go dead so I could go and loot them, but it doesn't happen anymore. It was part of what made Towny fun. Now towns are immortal. As long as there's money in the town bank it will effectively last forever. No spoils, no consequences, no responsibility. It's a game,yes, but it is a microcosm of life.
I thought that it was allowed to claim abandoned builds, as long as you completely loot them
https://www.renmx.com/learn/#claim_abandoned_builds
But rereading it, it seems only allowed if the claim is your neighbor.
Maybe that last criteria could be removed ?
There are quite a few abandoned builds. It would be fun going around and claiming them. Can it be done nowadays?
Last edited by TobyNi on Thu Nov 02, 2023 1:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Pri
Site Admin
Site Admin

Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:11 am

We added the "near your area" clause to claiming to reduce how many claims were being made. We had quite a few years who would essentially travel the entire map just claiming everything and due to us requiring each claim be checked by staff it created a lot of burden for us.

You can still claim things with staff approval along as they are adjacent to where your own builds are.

Return to “Minecraft General Discussion”