Some forum changes

Discuss anything you want about Minecraft here including our own servers
Pri
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Some forum changes

Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:45 am

Okay there is another new change today for our Architects, City Planners, Mods and Administrators.

You may remember a long time ago I spoke about how it would be really cool to upload WorldEdit saved data and then import it in to the game? - Well I've gone ahead and implemented that. You can see on the main forum index underneath the Whitelist tool there is now a box that lets you upload Schematic files.

You may ask yourself what are these? Well when you are on a server that has WorldEdit and you copy some blocks using the //copy function and then you type //save filename a file is created on the server. A schematic file. You can now take these files and upload them straight to our server.

Once you've uploaded a Schematic to our server (From perhaps your single player game or another server you played on or even your own server) you simply enter the game and type //load filename then select a block with the worldedit Wooden Axe and type //paste

And you know the best part? You can also DOWNLOAD the Schematics from our server. And oh yes all our servers Schematic files are automatically linked meaning you can save something you built in our Creative server and then load that Schematic in to our Architect server for importing and vice versa. You don't even need to download and upload the schematics, the server stores all the schematics in the same place accessible to all our Minecraft servers.

Awesome? I think so. The file limit for uploading is 2MB but I think that's big enough right now. If anyone has a Schematic larger than that PM me and I can put it on the server for you.

Oh and P.S. MCEdit (Map editing program) outputs in Schematic files. Meaning you can create something in a proper block editor which is much faster than building in-game and then .. yes import it. This also means you can open your Single Player map in MCEdit, select something you want to move to our server and then export it as a Schematic file. It also means you can download a Schematic from our server and import it to your Single Player game using MCEdit.

Want to download a Schematic from our server? Visit this webpage: http://mc.renmx.com/schematics

Also just in case any of you want to import some stuff from our old Maps: World1 (The original Creative Server) World2 (The Survival Server where we used Bukkit) Load either of these up in MCEdit select something and then export it as a Schematic file :)
wtfluftwaffle
Master Crafter
Master Crafter

Re: Some forum changes

Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:21 am

Can I stay moderator forever... :)
I love my skyblue color. :D
wtfluftwaffle
RenMX Minecraft Moderator 2011-2013

New IGN for 2015 - elvinw1
Db696
CPU: i7 3770 3.9 ghz