New feature: Warehouse (need testers!)

Discuss anything you want about Minecraft here including our own servers
Pri
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: New feature: Warehouse (need testers!)

Sun Sep 25, 2016 12:51 am

It's possible to edit the file but it gets written to and not read by the server until a player logs in, so to alter their inventories using the file I'd have to kick them from the server or have someone write a new plugin to handle reading the file back into memory when it detects the files been modified.

Overall just a bad idea compared to what can be done in-game, in-memory with a plugin, we just don't have such a plugin.
EmberCelica
Engineer
Engineer
CPU: i7 6700k
RAM: 16GB DDR4
Motherboard: [Unknown]
GPU: AMD RX480
Cooling: Fan Cooling

Re: New feature: Warehouse (need testers!)

Sun Sep 25, 2016 8:14 pm

Ah, i see. Well it was a thought, interesting that the files work that way and sad that it cannot be done in a reasonable fashion.
Image Im the engineer of engineers.
Check out my redstone info thread
Tomoki
Epic Crafter
Epic Crafter
CPU: ME Network
RAM: 64k ME Storage Component
Motherboard: Me Controller {3x3}
GPU: Engineering Processor
Display: ME Crafting Terminal {Orange}
Cooling: Gelid Cryotheum

Warehouse Feature Suggestion

Sat Jan 07, 2017 5:12 pm

first of all i didn't see a place specifically for server feature suggestions, and since this isn't exactly qualified as a plugin, i wasn't sure where to put it lol
anyway!

I adore Warehouse and tracking the ridiculous amount of items I amass. However! Currently we can only see at one time how much of a specific item we have. It would be super neat if we had a way of totaling the amount of all items we had in our Warehouse to keep track of it.
I'm not sure what it would be. . . Probably something along the lines of /get total, or something like that.

On top of this..... *smirk* It would also be neat if we could use this to check the total amount of items that other players have stored as well, maybe /get total. (Hm, is that breaching another player's privacy? You tell me lol)

thanks for reading~ -w-
~luigi
........theres a squatch in these woods...
Pri
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Warehouse Feature Suggestion

Sun Jan 08, 2017 6:43 pm

I think this is a neat suggestion and I have added it to the warehouse.

Commands:
  • /get total
  • /get <username> total
It will give number totals and also a percentage breakdown for each category you have items stored in. Due to some people storing items during the Alpha period of the Warehouse some of their items do not have categories attached, this is why there is a "No Category" entry listed, these items will slowly gain categories as the user affected store more of an item that has no category.

I have also merged your topic into our general Warehouse topic :)

Return to “Minecraft General Discussion”