Engineer
CPU: AMD FX-8320
RAM: Vengeance 8gb
Motherboard: MSI 970A-G46
GPU: GTX 760 Windforce
Display: Asus 21.5 & Asus 24"

Question about build exports

Tue Mar 08, 2016 7:18 pm

I was wondering if there is any cut off for how big an export can be (I'm guessing there is). If I wanted to export my whole town from bedrock to sky limit, how would that best be done? I assume I would have to do it in individual slices so I don't hit any set limit. If that is the case, how big could I make each slice?
Stephanie
Legendary Crafter
Legendary Crafter
CPU: C2E 9300 2.53 @ 3.06
RAM: 4GB @ 1333MHz
Motherboard: NVIDIA 730i
GPU: GTX 280M SLI
Display: 17" 1920x1200

Re: Question about build exports

Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:31 pm

I don't think there is a limit as long as ur not copying the complete world map u should be good, what I am failing to find out is the page were we had ranks listed. It used to show which rank and up could import. All I can seem to find is the Wiki one which don't list it. But I have imported a few builds and they were decently big had no issue. my only Suggestion to you is make sure it isn't on the flats in creative. May be a issue with other peoples builds etc and depth of the build. I would wait for Pri to be 100% sure but worse case is you crash Creative, it gets restarted. No Harm done.
Zapperzz99
Engineer
Engineer

Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:57 pm

Stephanie wrote:I don't think there is a limit as long as ur not copying the complete world map u should be good, what I am failing to find out is the page were we had ranks listed. It used to show which rank and up could import. All I can seem to find is the Wiki one which don't list it. But I have imported a few builds and they were decently big had no issue. my only Suggestion to you is make sure it isn't on the flats in creative. May be a issue with other peoples builds etc and depth of the build. I would wait for Pri to be 100% sure but worse case is you crash Creative, it gets restarted. No Harm done.
Thanks :) and yeah I will wait for Pri's post. As for ranks, hovering over the ranks on this page: http://vote.renmx.com/ showed architect and up can export
Stephanie
Legendary Crafter
Legendary Crafter
CPU: C2E 9300 2.53 @ 3.06
RAM: 4GB @ 1333MHz
Motherboard: NVIDIA 730i
GPU: GTX 280M SLI
Display: 17" 1920x1200

Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:14 pm

kk sweet, cuz I couldn't remember for the life of me xD
Pri
Site Admin
Site Admin

Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:08 pm

It is possible to save several million blocks. Like for example 33 Million blocks. It takes 20-30 seconds but it will save it for download.

Bringing that sized saved structure back though, that is almost impossible, it's just too big for WorldEdit to place all the chunks and due to the way WorldEdit was programmed it tries to change all the blocks in one go as opposed to in batches. And so due to this it starves the server of its ability to process other information at the same time (chat, blocks being placed by other players etc) and causes everyone to disconnect and for the server itself to freeze. That makes our ACP restart the server because it believes the server has froze/crashed.

So it's much better instead to make multiple saves, slice up the build into pieces etc.
Zapperzz99
Engineer
Engineer

Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:15 pm

Pri wrote:It is possible to save several million blocks. Like for example 33 Million blocks. It takes 20-30 seconds but it will save it for download.

Bringing that sized saved structure back though, that is almost impossible, it's just too big for WorldEdit to place all the chunks and due to the way WorldEdit was programmed it tries to change all the blocks in one go as opposed to in batches. And so due to this it starves the server of its ability to process other information at the same time (chat, blocks being placed by other players etc) and causes everyone to disconnect and for the server itself to freeze. That makes our ACP restart the server because it believes the server has froze/crashed.

So it's much better instead to make multiple saves, slice up the build into pieces etc.
Thanks, I plan to just put the export in an only air world on my computer, just so I can have a backup of my town. Is bringing it back only impossible if bringing it back on a server? or on both servers and my personal computer? If it is also impossible on my personal computer do you know a recommended size for each slice, or should I just experiment?
Pri
Site Admin
Site Admin

Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:32 pm

You should be able to bring it into a single player world using MCEdit 64-bit.

Return to “Minecraft General Discussion”